Walmart, Target, and Kmart Exclusives

Destro

I like the target ones the best... So what?.. these are based off the botcon comics or something as well or just some well thought out exclusives?..

I don't think the name Roadbuster has been used since the days of G1

I have that Roadbuster

I want that set plus Dirge is a repaint of Voyager Starscream from Cybertron that was part of a two pack TRU exclusive which I missed out on

Anybody notice that the minicon Skyhammer I think it's called looks like a Cobra Ratller

I like the Target Exclusives the best, especially Spinger and Dirge.

The only one I really like is Fracture, AKA Crasher from the Gobots. She was my favorite character in the cartoon series. I wish the paint scheme was all black with red stripes like she was suppossed to look. I like the purple face homage, but I wish they would have given her a more feminine head mold resembling her cartoon appearance. I think she makes a great decepticon and would love to see her go against Arcee.

For more info on Crasher: (taken from Wiki)

Challenge of the Gobots

The female Crasher was one of Cy-Kill's most loyal Renegades, despite a having somewhat manic personality. One of her favoured past times is participating in demolition derbies. Under interrogation, she admitted to having a crush on Leader-1 before the Guardians and Renegades began their struggle. Unlike most Gobots, she rarely seems to use her hand-mounted blasters, instead using a trademark attack wherein she stamps her foot on the ground to create a powerful earthquake-style energy discharge. Crasher's seeming state of near-madness effectively renders her fearless, and she has an ongoing grudge with the Guardian Turbo, rarely avoiding a chance to battle him. However, she tends to take any defeat or challenge very personally.

Despite her gender, unlike many 1980s female cartoon characters Crasher is shown to be treated equally compared to her male counterparts, and is feared by most Guardians.

Crasher appeared in almost every episode, usually as a featured character.

The Transformers: Megatron: Origin

In the second issue Crasher is one of the background Transformers cheering Megatron's victory over Cy-Kill. However, the character is drawn with a face similar to the toy, with a large red visor taking up much of the face.

Toy

Crasher’s toy was a re-release of the Machine Robo Porsche Robo figure. It was first issued by Tonka in 1983, in an authentic white Rothmans Porsche livery (of the 1982-87 factory team). However, from the outset the character was black/red in the cartoon, and by 1984 the toy was recolored to match Crasher's on-screen appearance. In 1993, the white version (with a new sticker sheet) was issued as "Sports Car" (the trademark "Crasher" now belonging to Hasbro) in Bandai's Robo Machines range.

Crasher/Fracture in action:

youtube- do a search under:

challenge of the Go-bots ep-16/a

These are....ok, I guess. I dunno. Gotta see them in person.

But I don't think it is so much that we are getting repaints, but that we are seeing a lot of "G1" characters. It would be kinda nice if the molds were more appropriate.

Springer always sucks. Hello? TRIPLECHANGER anyone?

I have that Roadbuster

I want that set plus Dirge is a repaint of Voyager Starscream from Cybertron that was part of a two pack TRU exclusive which I missed out on

Anybody notice that the minicon Skyhammer I think it's called looks like a Cobra Ratller

Read the text. The Rattler was intentional.

Well, the link does say they used Evac as Springer bc the last Spinger homage was a road vehicle; I would've preferred a triple changer, but they've gotta work w/ what they've got; sideways as ratbat works rather well, and cd hot shot looks like a great update of roadbuster, imo.

What did he do?.. Anyways pesatyel I like springer & roadbuster the best they look sort of like there g1 counter parts very nice imo! Though yes I'd rahter have new molds more in style with classics I still say these work! Maybe we will get a tripple changer springer down the road who knows! I must admit I am some what annoyed that they used the same mold twice so fast though springer and the red one whats his name ... Now I have to get both or decide on one or the other which I hate doing :S

Some of these repaints are just getting scary good!

The only one that seemed a bit strange to me at first was Roadbuster but that one even looks a lot better with better pics.

The best part for me is that I wanted a bunch of these figures for my own repaints and never thought I'd be able to do them cuz the originals were getting a bit pricey.

That shouldn't be a problem.

Well...with Walmart exclusives, it could be a problem! The movie deluxes, MPSS, and Alternators were here and gone in the blink of an eye. I don't suspect these will be any different.

I really wish they were able to use the name Crasher though. That was my first thought for a repaint idea for Mirage when I saw it but never thought Hasbro would ever think of it. Pretty cool though!

These are....ok, I guess. I dunno. Gotta see them in person.

But I don't think it is so much that we are getting repaints, but that we are seeing a lot of "G1" characters. It would be kinda nice if the molds were more appropriate.

Springer always sucks. Hello? TRIPLECHANGER anyone?

I have that Roadbuster

Read the text. The Rattler was intentional.

If you do look closely it looks like it has a little Cobra Symbol on the side of it's cock pit

I like the Target Exclusives the best, Spinger rocks this mean i can pass on Blades now.

Whhhat! Blades > Springer

I admit that I am not as excited for either of them now when I remembered that Energon Bulkhead and Quickstrike are pretty similar to these two. Evac is a better mold though so I will probably get both like a sucker.

I like the Target Exclusives the best, Spinger rocks this mean i can pass on Blades now.

Whhhat! Blades > Springer

I admit that I am not as excited for either of them now when I remembered that Energon Bulkhead and Quickstrike are pretty similar to these two. Evac is a better mold though so I will probably get both like a sucker.

@loll@ 2nd that