DVD Battle Packs

TommyGoth

I was looking over Hasbrotoyshop.com's listings for GI Joe 25th items. I noticed that there were only 2 battle packs, the Mass Device and the Revenge of Cobra one. Wasn't there supposed to be an Arise Serpentor Arise one? And if so which figures does it come with?

At the Toy Fair Hasbro only showed those two. The next two are going to be released later. I don't think it was ever said who would be in them. All I know is they other two will have peices of the MASS Device.

I was looking over Hasbrotoyshop.com's listings for GI Joe 25th items. I noticed that there were only 2 battle packs, the Mass Device and the Revenge of Cobra one. Wasn't there supposed to be an Arise Serpentor Arise one? And if so which figures does it come with?

yo im hoping its Arise Serpentor Arise, even tho they didn't say which next 2 set coming this one will be nice.. if it is ...

How 'bout a "Pyramid of Darkness" pack! :D

Well, according to Hasbro's initial concept, the Battle Packs were all supposed to come with one of the 5-part cartoon miniseries. That would include "Pyramid of Darkness" "Arise, Serpentor, Arise" "The Movie" and "Operation: Dragonfire" (who wouldn't want a blue Lady Jaye repaint and Slaughter's Marauders with an Alley Viper?)

Since we know we're getting 5 entertainment packs, and that the Movie pack was dropped in favor of a "Best of" Pack, it should be a no-brainer that the other two Sunbow miniseries will be the focus of packs 3 and 4.

The next two should be Pyramid Of Darkness and Arise Serpentor Arise.

Hasbro Dropped GI Joe: The Movie and I never heard of there ever being plans on doing Dragonfire.

Well, according to Hasbro's initial concept, the Battle Packs were all supposed to come with one of the 5-part cartoon miniseries. That would include "Pyramid of Darkness" "Arise, Serpentor, Arise" "The Movie" and "Operation: Dragonfire" (who wouldn't want a blue Lady Jaye repaint and Slaughter's Marauders with an Alley Viper?)

Since we know we're getting 5 entertainment packs, and that the Movie pack was dropped in favor of a "Best of" Pack, it should be a no-brainer that the other two Sunbow miniseries will be the focus of packs 3 and 4.

Kinda doubting Dragonfire was even considered given its status as being produced by DiC rather than Sunbow, not to mention 89 not being a terribly well respected year by many Joefans and casual consumers. That isn't to say I wouldn't have a baby and buy 3 sets if they ever made that set (keeping in mind Dragonfire was MY big GI Joe moment), but I just don't see that one ever happening.

With 5 packs, we got the first two miniseries, with Pyramid of Darkness and Arise Serpentor given. The last set was to be based around the 87 movie, but that apparently got scrapped in favor of a "Best of" pack.

We haven't heard anything because Hasbro has ALWAYS played their cards close to their chest. WE haven't seen orders for anything past the initial batch of stuff due August, and probably won't until Joecon.