HASBRO i want to see ULTIMATE X MEN

xmenstorm1

well when i read an issue of x-men i dont really want to read about northstar and anole,or colosuss and northstar and whether or not they make it to the prom or what ever it just kinda of bothers me.

And again, why does that bother you? Why is that where you draw the line? Once again, X-Men is at it's core about recognizing and celebrating diversity in all it's forms... so why does it bother you when they actually DO it, rather than just talking about it, or masking it behind the word 'mutant'? Complaining about diversity in the X-Men is kinda like complaining that Power Pack acts like a bunch of children.

Honestly here, it's not like I'm trying to change your views. I'm just asking you to examine why you have them.

and sorry dude but i am not gonna read my comics at home and it doesnt bother me when people ask about them.and i assume that if people keep asking me questions about stuff they are interested yes i can realizqe when peoples eyes glaze over and i do stop but strangely enough they want to know more

So why not give them the basics and toss a few issues their way? Why not loan them a TPB? Why not point them to a reputable website? Why do you have to go into all this character minutiae and explain it all (through your POV, no less) for them? How much is that really getting them into the comics?

Again, I'm really not trying to slam you here... but this just keeps looking like someone who wants to be the 'comics guru' who gets to tell them all about it, all through his perspective, and experience tells me that the more details you give a person about specific comics, and especially the more you tell it from your POV, the less likely they actually are to follow up. My opinion is that the guy who really wants to help someone get back into comics and/or really fill them in is going to tell them only enough to make them want to read it, then hand them the comic- hook, line, sinker.

I just keep coming back to the fact that little details like Colossus' sexual leanings would never come up unless they are an even bigger deal to you than you're letting on, or unless you have some need to tell people everything about the comic, which completely removes any reason for them to read it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic