HASBRO i want to see ULTIMATE X MEN

xmenstorm1

how many homosexual people on this forum???are their many gay character in marvel presides collosus?

anyway back to the ultimate costumes best ones yet i think it would be a good idea for them to be a variant.

well in the ultimate universe colossus is.

in the normal marvel universe there's Wiccan and Hulkling from the young avengers. Karolina (Lucy in the Sky) and Xavin from runaways. granted both are questionable since a member of each couple is a skrull and can change gender. granted in the new runaways story arc xavin is identify itself more as a female when she lost control of her emotions and reverted to female form.

Northstar is in both 616 and ultimate.

Flatman from the GLA is.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay let face it marvel is changing. and it's to attract new readers. They know that there is gay fans. not only that but why can't there be gay super-heroes? gay people seem to be every where nowadays. in fact one of my favourite sitcoms was Will and Grace. (note that im not gay :P)

okay let face it marvel is changing. and it's to attract new readers. They know that there is gay fans. not only that but why can't there be gay super-heroes? gay people seem to be every where nowadays. in fact one of my favourite sitcoms was Will and Grace. (note that im not gay :P )

lol sure :) , ellen degeneras lol she so funny, (everyone gay)

my fave comedian is alan carr lol if you dont know him take a look at this.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zHK6koMlLM

thats why they got away from mary jane. spidey will be gay. damn you mephisto trick bastard. @loll@

yeah let blame Spider-man gayness on a red guy with a cloak only wearing a loincloat @loll@

are their many gay character in marvel presides collosus?

More than you imagine.

Please note, however, that if you go strictly by the names, some of them are misleading. For example, they simply list 'Colossus', but you have to read the entry to understand they refer to the Ultimate version. Same with characters like Archangel (1602 version) and Black Cat (MC2 continuity), and so on.

are their many gay character in marvel presides collosus?

More than you imagine.

Please note, however, that if you go strictly by the names, some of them are misleading. For example, they simply list 'Colossus', but you have to read the entry to understand they refer to the Ultimate version. Same with characters like Archangel (1602 version) and Black Cat (MC2 continuity), and so on.

Really, who cares? Well, besides the homophobic Ultimate Nightcrawler.

Back to topic.

BRING ON ULTIMATE X-MEN FIGURES.

Love 'em. I'll take an all Ultimate Universe Wave please. Ultimate universe is what brought me back to comics after 20 years. Go Ultimate.

GEEK

the comic when down the "shitter" because they made colossus gay. no offence to any gay people on the forum, but why the hell did they do that? colossus?!?!?!? come on man!!

Maybe because that was their intention for the character? You do realize that Ultimate Colossus and regular Colossus are, technically speaking, two entirely different characters, right? His sexual inclinations were hinted at from the beginning... which means that it didn't 'go' anywhere (at least, not because of that).

i also just recently found out more than half of the new/young avengers are also in the sodomy scene. anyways, thats all good, but cocklosus gay? come on!

New Avengers and Young Avengers are two distinctly different groups. And there are only two gay characters among them. And what exactly does this have to do with any 'point' you're making?

its wierd how hes straight when he's wearing his gay outfit (the red and yellow costume with the red underwear), and he's gay when hes wearing the straight outfit (the black costume).

Oh, so you don't want him to be gay because you have some sort of stereotyped ideas about that and what it means.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the creative team(s) wanted him gay to challenge absurd notions like yours?

Well put. Opens the door for a great new villain. Homophobitron. Hey, making funny names is cool.

GEEK

why do writers feel they have to throw gay characters in to a story.also why make existing characters gay do you guys know how hard it is to explain to people the difference between the ultimates and 616.any way most of what has been done to the x-men characters in the ultimates has been lame from professor x being all hip and cool to wolverine being cable and sinister being apocalypse and lets not forget how they made deadpool one of the worst ultimate characters.(so unfunny). but an ultimates wave aof figures would be cool now the ultimates where bad ass.

why do writers feel they have to throw gay characters in to a story.also why make existing characters gay do you guys know how hard it is to explain to people the difference between the ultimates and 616.any way most of what has been done to the x-men characters in the ultimates has been lame from professor x being all hip and cool to wolverine being cable and sinister being apocalypse and lets not forget how they made deadpool one of the worst ultimate characters.(so unfunny). but an ultimates wave aof figures would be cool now the ultimates where bad ass.

So incest and wife beating are badass, but gay and hip and cool, is lame? Got it.

GEEK

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!! Putting aside the whole gay topic which I won't delve into, the Ultimate universe TOTALLY screwed up Cable, making him Wolverine from the future. I will NEVER forgive them for that. The Ultimate universe is dead as far as I'm concerned. When Hasbro has exhausted EACH AND EVERY possible character in the mainstream Marvel Universe they can do Ultimate if anybody cares by then. I'd rather see non-poseable figureines of Jarvis, Rick Jones, or Henry Peter Gyrich before I see anymore Ultimate characters.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!! Putting aside the whole gay topic which I won't delve into, the Ultimate universe TOTALLY screwed up Cable, making him Wolverine from the future. I will NEVER forgive them for that. The Ultimate universe is dead as far as I'm concerned. When Hasbro has exhausted EACH AND EVERY possible character in the mainstream Marvel Universe they can do Ultimate if anybody cares by then. I'd rather see non-poseable figureines of Jarvis, Rick Jones, or Henry Peter Gyrich before I see anymore Ultimate characters.

Agreed on the Cable front, WTF?!?! Like having Sabretooth a clawed wonder wasn't bad enough now they had to dilute more characters witht e Wolveriness. I had heard 616 Cable was originally intended to be a time travelling Cannonball when he first appeared but they scrapped the idea. Shoulda taken heed!

To be honest, I like having the odd set of matching uniforms like Ultimates, but I'd rather see New Mutants, FA X-Men, the very early Jim Lee blue and Golds like the upcoming Forge and Wolvie or even Generation X for some new characters before we start repainting all the figures black and yellow!

As for the whole gay heroes thing,

1 - it's only decent if it's done from the start and approached realistically like Northstar and even Ultimate Colossus, but the ones that 'turn' are just for shock value @grumpy@

2 - I NEVER knew that about Electro, is this just speculation?

Agreed on the Cable front, WTF?!?! Like having Sabretooth a clawed wonder wasn't bad enough now they had to dilute more characters witht e Wolveriness. I had heard 616 Cable was originally intended to be a time travelling Cannonball when he first appeared but they scrapped the idea. Shoulda taken heed!

To be honest, I like having the odd set of matching uniforms like Ultimates, but I'd rather see New Mutants, FA X-Men, the very early Jim Lee blue and Golds like the upcoming Forge and Wolvie or even Generation X for some new characters before we start repainting all the figures black and yellow!

1 - it's only decent if it's done from the start and approached realistically like Northstar and even Ultimate Colossus, but the ones that 'turn' are just for shock value @grumpy@

well considering that Elektra an assasin and one of the way to do thing is to get close to the person, yeah i could see Elektra being a bi-sexual.

well considering that Elektra an assasin and one of the way to do thing is to get close to the person, yeah i could see Elektra being a bi-sexual.

It had on that link that Electro (spidey villain, funky mask) has tendancie too. But looking through some of the other 'suggestions' on the link, I doubt there's much proof in it...

why do writers feel they have to throw gay characters in to a story.

Why do there have to be Asian characters? Why do there have to be Jewish characters? Why do there have to be... oh, right, because every character the same would be ridiculously boring, and require suspension of disbelief on a ludicrous level.

also why make existing characters gay

Ultimate Colossus didn't exist prior to Ultimate X-Men #1. And according to the creators, he was gay even then.

do you guys know how hard it is to explain to people the difference between the ultimates and 616.

Well, now you're bringing up a whole new topic. And really an irrelevant one. How many people have you honestly had to explain the difference to? Most people who read comics already understand the concept of 'alternate universe/reboot', and non-comic fans... well, most of them probably wouldn't care once you get past the 'alternate universe/reboot' explanation, so getting into character differences would mean little or nothing to them. I seriously doubt that you've honestly explained all the ins and outs to more than 2-3 people who actually cared.

1 - it's only decent if it's done from the start and approached realistically like Northstar and even Ultimate Colossus, but the ones that 'turn' are just for shock value

We're in absolute agreement here. I like diversity in my heroes, but I hate it when they are there solely to BE diverse. Token characters are lame. You can address a characteristic without making it the entire character.

If you click on his name, the panels that talk about it and the issue # are right there. If you click the picture, it gets bigger and you can read the panels. Personally, I'm of the mind that it was meant to be more of a gag than anything else, and I question how canon Marvel Knights Spider-Man really is, but yes, he does state it pretty clearly.

But looking through some of the other 'suggestions' on the link, I doubt there's much proof in it...

Suggestions? Nearly every last one of those names has a character profile that references the issue(s) in which it was addressed, some provide panels of the actual 'coming out' scene, and more than a few even have comments by the people who worked on the book as to the intent/authenticity. Click on the names and find out. It's not like it's just a list of names with nothing to go on.

If you click on his name, the panels that talk about it and the issue # are right there. If you click the picture, it gets bigger and you can read the panels. Personally, I'm of the mind that it was meant to be more of a gag than anything else, and I question how canon Marvel Knights Spider-Man really is, but yes, he does state it pretty clearly.

Cool, cheers for the Knights explanation. I'll be honest, I don't follow Spidey as much as I do the X-Families but I did know who Electro is which is what got me interested. With only having 1 anel to go off, I wasn't sure if it was alterniverse stuff like Ultimate Colossus or not. That and it didn't seem to have much explanation around the Electro entry than the others.

The only reason I found some of the listed names a bit far fetched were the cases given to a few of them, like body swapping etc. Was interesting to read up on characters I'd only ever heard of like Phyla-Vell and Triathlon though :)

how many homosexual people on this forum???are their many gay character in marvel presides collosus?

anyway back to the ultimate costumes best ones yet i think it would be a good idea for them to be a variant.

well in the ultimate universe colossus is.

in the normal marvel universe there's Wiccan and Hulkling from the young avengers. Karolina (Lucy in the Sky) and Xavin from runaways. granted both are questionable since a member of each couple is a skrull and can change gender. granted in the new runaways story arc xavin is identify itself more as a female when she lost control of her emotions and reverted to female form.

Northstar is in both 616 and ultimate.

Flatman from the GLA is.

thats why they got away from mary jane. spidey will be gay. damn you mephisto trick bastard. @loll@

you forgot about the hinted at relationship tween Rictor and Shatterstar, or the very real but doomed relationship tween Quasar and Moondragon.

Also, If Spidey is gay, and that third movie is to blame more than Quesada btw, I am hoping his first time is either with Flash Thompson, or a very awkward and painfull romp with Doc Ock...

Also, I am a little amazed at how a request for Ultimate X-men figures turned into a blog about gay comic book figures... amazing.

hey don't forget where you are :P

Well, the same can be said of the "standard" universe. They killed Cap, so let's drop all the regular figures and go with only Ultimate. So my vote is for Ultimate Figs and yours is against. No biggie.

GEEK

Also, If Spidey is gay, and that third movie is to blame more than Quesada btw, I am hoping his first time is either with Flash Thompson, or a very awkward and painfull romp with Doc Ock...

Well, someone just earned their screen name... @loll@

well i guess i am just a homophobe.but i find it kind of annoying when they put gay issues into things i read or watch. just like in the latest star wars books the have a gay mandalorian(hes a mando and hes gay. yay) .or like in the x-men:divided we stand book that came out a few weeks ago we got treated to northstar trying to find anole and of course it delved in to a gay agnst thing. and yes i have had to explain to many people i work with the difference between the two universes. i bring my comics to work with me to read at lunch and of course people always ask what are you reading. so i explain also some people i work with want to get back in to comics but they have been out awhile so they ask me whats up.people also asked what was up when ultimate alliance and the ultimate cartoons came out.but as for figures i dont know about a whole set but one or two in a wave might be cool.

well i guess i am just a homophobe.but i find it kind of annoying when they put gay issues into things i read or watch.

Why? Does it bother you when 'black issues' are found in the comics? How about 'women issues'? 'Religion issues'? 'Poverty issues'?

I can keep going here. Frankly, there is a certain level of irony inherent of people admitting, yet adhering to, their intolerance while discussing X-Men- a property that has always been about both recognizing and accepting diversity. The 'mutant issue' is at it's core a mask for any group or person who feels that they have been persecuted unjustly... and that's everyone at one time or another. The problem that seems to arise is that readers are happy with the generalization, but uncomfortable when the mask is removed and the issue is actually addressed directly.

and yes i have had to explain to many people i work with the difference between the two universes. i bring my comics to work with me to read at lunch and of course people always ask what are you reading. so i explain also some people i work with want to get back in to comics but they have been out awhile so they ask me whats up.people also asked what was up when ultimate alliance and the ultimate cartoons came out.

Again, how many of those people honestly cared by the time you got into the minutiae of every single character and storyline variation? I mean no offense here, because I know from experience as a comic fan that you can go into all kinds of stuff that's cool to you, and think you have that person in the palm of your hand, but in reality their eyes are glazing over and they want to get away or change the topic.

Sorry, but "what are you reading?" or "what's up with the X-Men?" doesn't lead to "Colossus is gay, but it's in another universe, and the regular stuff doesn't apply, and Thor is a hippie, and Carnage killed Gwen Stacy, and..." Even explaining the Ultimate video games and movies just doesn't go there- and if it does, you're probably explaining too much.

well i guess i am just a homophobe.but i find it kind of annoying when they put gay issues into things i read or watch. just like in the latest star wars books the have a gay mandalorian(hes a mando and hes gay. yay) .or like in the x-men:divided we stand book that came out a few weeks ago we got treated to northstar trying to find anole and of course it delved in to a gay agnst thing. and yes i have had to explain to many people i work with the difference between the two universes. i bring my comics to work with me to read at lunch and of course people always ask what are you reading. so i explain also some people i work with want to get back in to comics but they have been out awhile so they ask me whats up.people also asked what was up when ultimate alliance and the ultimate cartoons came out.but as for figures i dont know about a whole set but one or two in a wave might be cool.

here a smart idea don't bring your comics to work. i know alot of people near me and the know i like comics or rather they know im obsest. but i never read them outside. i mean i read them at home and stuff but i never talk bout them except with other people who read them.

well when i read an issue of x-men i dont really want to read about northstar and anole,or colosuss and northstar and whether or not they make it to the prom or what ever it just kinda of bothers me. and sorry dude but i am not gonna read my comics at home and it doesnt bother me when people ask about them.and i assume that if people keep asking me questions about stuff they are interested yes i can realizqe when peoples eyes glaze over and i do stop but strangely enough they want to know more