AoA Sunfire pre-oder at HasbroToyShop

HighEvolutionary

Age of Apocalypse Sunfire, the winner of last year's ToyFare Fans' Choice poll, is now available for pre-order at HasbroToyShop. The link is here:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByCat...=21740&PG=1

It ships in October.

I really have no clue why Hasbro took a character made of nuclear flame and cast him in a dull, solid, yellowish plastic instead of translucent orange. Heck, they could've just re-used or modified the House of M box set's Inhuman Torch.

I hate to pile on Hasbro, but they really need to figure out how to do fiery characters like Sunfire and Human Torch, because this is just...bad.

Nonetheless, for any of you Legends completists or AoA/Sunfire fans, there you go.

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2052716

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2052672

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2052666

I don't know if i'll pick it up or not. since not a big fan of how the figure looks, and have never liked sunfire. excpet for when lady deathstrike cut his legs off

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2052716

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2052672

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2052666

I don't know if i'll pick it up or not. since not a big fan of how the figure looks, and have never liked sunfire. excpet for when lady deathstrike cut his legs off

Oh, that's embarrassing...sorry for the quadruple post. I only come into the forums through marvelousnews, which never had this on their front-page. I didn't think to search the actual toynews forums. Now I can't delete it.

I ordered one. Customer Service said it should arrive in September of '09.

That's right. September...2009. That's no lie.

I said that must be a mistake. She said maybe...But the screen said September, 2009.

2009!!!!!!

BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!!!

Yeah, I'll be holdin' my breath on that one!

Thanks, HASBRO!!! Your dedication is inspiring.

@loll@

I ordered one. Customer Service said it should arrive in September of '09.

That's right. September...2009. That's no lie.

I said that must be a mistake. She said maybe...But the screen said September, 2009.

You actually make a good point here. Everyone has been focused on 'ships in October', when the date does in fact say '10/09'... as in October, 2009.

Methinks there is a typo demon involved in this.

i ordered mine, 6 total. i used the "Getout20" promo code to get 20% off. by the way lemonhead it says will begin shipping on october 9th, NOT october 2009.

hey do you mind if i buy one off you. i mean that why you order 6 right? to sell them.

No, it clearly means October 9th as evidenced by the shipping quotes directly underneath:

Oh... yeah. That makes a lot more sense.

In my defense, I have an English degree. I don't do numbers. ;)

Sounds like the CS rep Lemonhead spoke to doesn't either. She likely saw '09/09' and assumed it meant September of '09.

i ordered mine, 6 total. i used the "Getout20" promo code to get 20% off. by the way lemonhead it says will begin shipping on october 9th, NOT october 2009.

hey do you mind if i buy one off you. i mean that why you order 6 right? to sell them.

i ordered 6 because i buy 2 for myself, 2 for a couple of buddies of mine, and a couple extra for trade or if anyone else needs one. yes tarot you can buy one off of me for cost plus shipping.

i ordered 6 because i buy 2 for myself, 2 for a couple of buddies of mine, and a couple extra for trade or if anyone else needs one. yes tarot you can buy one off of me for cost plus shipping.

let me know when you get them. i don't like to pay till the shop get them :P

let me know when you get them. i don't like to pay till the shop get them :P

i will let you know when i get them.

Meh, I hate all AOA related costumes. This just reminds me how aweful most comics were in the 90s. Let me know when Hasbro makes the real Sunfire in his classic attire.

sunfire-bigcostume01.jpg

Meh, I hate all AOA related costumes. This just reminds me how aweful most comics were in the 90s. Let me know when Hasbro makes the real Sunfire in his classic attire.

sunfire-bigcostume01.jpg

techinque this is AOA and 616 sunfire. i say people should buy two and have one in their AoA Display and one in there X-men / Xmen Foes display.

sunfire-bigcostume01.jpg

Speaking of awful costumes... @loll@

Seriously now, I realize it's his 'classic' look, but there comes a point where you just take a step back and say "you know, it's only the fact that it IS classic that makes it okay. That's one UGLY costume."

sunfire-bigcostume01.jpg

Speaking of awful costumes... @loll@

Seriously now, I realize it's his 'classic' look, but there comes a point where you just take a step back and say "you know, it's only the fact that it IS classic that makes it okay. That's one UGLY costume."

I posted that one due to it being his FA look, the thick white line do make him look bad, but this is the one that I would like done as a figure, thinner lines on the torso & the mask is improved. Outdated it may be, but it's still better than his AOA look & would fit in better with my classic X-men figs.

Sunfire_400.jpg

I posted that one due to it being his FA look, the thick white line do make him look bad, but this is the one that I would like done as a figure, thinner lines on the torso & the mask is improved. Outdated it may be, but it's still better than his AOA look & would fit in better with my classic X-men figs.

Sunfire_400.jpg

That's not much of an improvement.

Of course, there's always that ridiculous armored look they made a 5" figure of. Ugh.

Sorry man, but Sunfire just has not HAD a look that even tentatively qualifies as 'good'. Not in my book, anyway.

Given the four options (original, 'revised', armored, AOA Human Torch knockoff), I'll take the AOA one and be happy enough.