BotCon 2008 - Universe Classics 2.0 Toy Display Discussion

Mike

Personally, I'd like to Hasbro put a little effort into remaking some of the other figures that, for one reason or another, they couldn't reissue.

Something like...oh I dunno, a FORTRESS MAXIMUS. I'd settle for one Unicron sized with great articulation and lots of surprise weapons and compartments scattered throughout it.

Of course we all know Hasbro and they'd probably just repaint it as Metroplex. Or it would be the other way around.

I also took notice of how they seem to be skirting the combiners issue. Nothing that sounded anything close to leading me to believe that we'll see any anytime in the near future. It seems like they just concocted that "we're trying to (insert excuse)" line to just satisfy for the moment without crushing too many hopes.

I know one of the things said was that they were trying to figure a way of connecting them. I'm guessing they meant in some new way. The Energon combiners were a good idea, but the quality issues really plagued it.

All I can say is, if Power Rangers can keep figuring out ways to do it, then Hasbro ought to know by now. They've only been designing these things for 25 years!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why they cant just use the same old g1 way snap on type stuff... How did the energon combiners work?... I never really opened any of mine to play with

How weird. When I was talking about Hot Shot, I wasn't talking about the CHARACTER.

I was talking about the MOLD.

Uhm, ok? Was that in response to me? Either way it doesn't matter, since both the character and the mold were popular with kids.. good enough reason to justify making a new one if its deemed profitable.

I don't see why they cant just use the same old g1 way snap on type stuff... How did the energon combiners work?... I never really opened any of mine to play with

Basically they were the opposite of the original combiners. The leaders have the connector pegs and the limbs have the sockets.

The thing is, if you have just one bad peg on the leader, the limb won't lock in properly and it can result in a number of problems. They can be loose and floppy, or it may not stay on at all. However if you do have one with all good pegs then everything should be pretty solid.

The only one I didn't have a problem with on the first go was Storm Jet, the other two I got were bad the first time so I exchanged them and got ones that were all good.

I am not seeing pictures of half the stuff you guys are talking about am I looking at the wrong link?! http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&...343&start=0 or is the stuff just not shown?.. or hasbro not letting it be shown ?.. :S

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=12887&f_cat=5

How weird. When I was talking about Hot Shot, I wasn't talking about the CHARACTER.

Uhm, ok? Was that in response to me? Either way it doesn't matter, since both the character and the mold were popular with kids.. good enough reason to justify making a new one if its deemed profitable.

It's actually a moot point. The mold I was talking about wasn't the mold that was used.

Even more reason to make a new one, right? The only hot shot mold I like is the cybertron version; hopefully this new one's even better.

And now that we're moving beyond g1 in this line, how 'bout more updated bw characters? We are getting a cheetor, so maybe we'll get inferno, rhinox, etc.

How about Scorponok? Loved that character and my dog chewed up the BEE claw. I need a new one.

Also, I really hope that if they are doing the Hound, they repaint him and give him a new head as Swindle and to the same for Blades as Vortex. Then, I will have decent rpepresentations of all the Combaticons (Armada Bludgeon was a great Brawl and I am just using Classics Astrotrain as Blast-Off)

Oh one more thing on the Seekers, Exclusives can only remain so for 1-2 years according to Hasbro as per agreements they made with the club, TRU, and other outlets so that if they (hasbro) wish to release the characters again, they may do so. The release of Ironhide and the possibility of Ratchet showing up demonstrate this point. This gives me hope that if we pressure Hasbro hard enough, we can get the remainder for the Seekers.

Why didn't we get Sunstorm at least...

Then someone would have complained about getting Sunstorm... @smilepunch@

I think we have more reason to complain about not getting Thundercracker, Dirge, and Thrust sans the Botcon exclusives.

man im so pissed about that. why cant we get them and not pay an arm and leg to get them. come on hasbro give them to us.

i don't mind exclusives but when its stuff like the the last 3 of the g1 seekers we should of got them not as MC only stuff . that bugs the hell out of me.

Why didn't we get Sunstorm at least...

Then someone would have complained about getting Sunstorm... @smilepunch@

I think we have more reason to complain about not getting Thundercracker, Dirge, and Thrust sans the Botcon exclusives.

I can't complain because I actually plunked down the $$$ for the set. And I was extremely pleased with it too.

Well the agreement that Hasbro has with Takara is basically that they can release each others designs so long as there is something different from the original release. I don't know if this extends to the botcon exclusive set, but if it does, then Takara will still be able to release all 3 of the seekers we got screwed out of from botcon, but they'll just have to be slightly different.

Those I'm sure won't be cheap either, but nothing nearly as bad as botcon.

I'm not exactly thrilled with Takara's use of metallic parts on them, but I'll gladly take them in order to get a complete seeker team of classics.

sunstreaker is out or at least on ebay tarrot in the marvel forum picked one up not really sure where he got it from though most likely ebay

The first and second waves are expected in August according to BBTS, so I would say late July-early August.