BotCon 2008 - Universe Classics 2.0 Toy Display Discussion

Mike

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF HASBRO! acid storm??!!!

seriously, why didn't you throw this pos in that boxset and release dirge, thurst, & thundercracker?!

Because the Club already did them.....?

dude, hasbro said in a q&a that they did not want to repaint the molds over and over again. then they make a boxset and piss off everybody. then they just REPAINT starscream again called freaking acid storm?! give me thurst you bastards!

just seems like a giant f u to the fans, instead of actually repainting it into something that people want they make this lame pos.

seriously, why didn't you throw this pos in that boxset and release dirge, thurst, & thundercracker?!

dude, hasbro said in a q&a that they did not want to repaint the molds over and over again. then they make a boxset and piss off everybody. then they just REPAINT starscream again called freaking acid storm?! give me thurst you bastards!

just seems like a giant f u to the fans, instead of actually repainting it into something that people want they make this lame pos.

This is getting tiresome to explain over and over again:

Classics was a filler line to get some new product on shelves after the end of Cybertron's design time (roughly December of 2006) and before the start of the movie toyline (June 2007). RETAILERS WOULD NOT TAKE SIX SEEKERS IN SIX MONTHS, PERIOD! Fans were not the only buyers and in order to get figure variety in the line, they just did two seekers (y'know, so that we would get Grimlock, rodimus, bumblebee, Astrotrain and Mirage as well).

HASBRO DID NOT INTEND TO GO BACK TO CLASSICS AFTER THE MOVIE, and thus let the club (It was the Collectors Club that decided to do the exclusive boxset, NOT Hasbro, though they did give consent to do that) do the boxset to ensure fans would get the characters.

Well, the Transformers movie did SO WELL (keep in mind Hasbro had planned to have Animated toys on shelves last March) they extended the movie line and revived Universe with an emphasis on realistic vehicle molds, the G1 stylings just played into that well.

They didn't eff anyone over, plans just changed.

And, in my opinion, the realistic camo Seeker we're getting is a bit more interesting that yet another rendition of a G1 Seeker, who have been to death since 2002. (and for the record, I do NOT have the Botcon set, in fact, I really wanted Dirge as he was one of my childhood toys)

Well anyways Hasbro showing us its new Ironhide classic was almost like them saying hey Botcon we did one better

Who knows maybe one day we will get the rest of the seekers but not in the same molds used for the exclusives

I love this line. LOVE IT! And that they are expanding it to beyond G1 and intend for it to coninue for a good while makes me very happy. I hope if we get one thing out of this line when its all said and done, is we get as many season 1 guys redone that is possible. Obviously the botcon seekers are out, but Takara may come to the rescue there, with slightly different paint aps. This line is WIN and even the majority of the repaints are very slick. BOW DOWN TO THE CYBERTRON EVAC MOLD!!! Also we are getting three Hounds in one year! Not bad for a character who's only had one toy in the last 15 years(or more, I'm too lazy to figure it out.)

Hasbro, I require Red-Alert, Smokescreen, Ratchet and Warpath repaints. The first three are obvious, and Warpath can be repainted from Galvatron+new head. Galvatron is still waaaaay too small. He's the only negative of the line to me. He's a decent size for Warpath though I guess. * I take it back, Warpath should have his chest cannon, how silly of me.

now why couldn't they pimp out a cybertron ligerjack as someone ... That mold could make a neat tigertron painted in the proper colors hmm?... :D

Why are people complaining about the repaints?

This is NOT Classics! This is the Transformers UNIVERSE line, of which the figures we know as "Classics" are a part.

This is getting tiresome to explain over and over again:

Classics was a filler line to get some new product on shelves after the end of Cybertron's design time (roughly December of 2006) and before the start of the movie toyline (June 2007). RETAILERS WOULD NOT TAKE SIX SEEKERS IN SIX MONTHS, PERIOD! Fans were not the only buyers and in order to get figure variety in the line, they just did two seekers (y'know, so that we would get Grimlock, rodimus, bumblebee, Astrotrain and Mirage as well).

HASBRO DID NOT INTEND TO GO BACK TO CLASSICS AFTER THE MOVIE, and thus let the club (It was the Collectors Club that decided to do the exclusive boxset, NOT Hasbro, though they did give consent to do that) do the boxset to ensure fans would get the characters.

Well, the Transformers movie did SO WELL (keep in mind Hasbro had planned to have Animated toys on shelves last March) they extended the movie line and revived Universe with an emphasis on realistic vehicle molds, the G1 stylings just played into that well.

They didn't eff anyone over, plans just changed.

And, in my opinion, the realistic camo Seeker we're getting is a bit more interesting that yet another rendition of a G1 Seeker, who have been to death since 2002. (and for the record, I do NOT have the Botcon set, in fact, I really wanted Dirge as he was one of my childhood toys)

So, since they didn't want to go back to Classics post movie, they gave the nod to Dirge, Thrust and Thundercracker for the club, but when they realized they WERE going back to Classics, it was too late to use those three as they went to the club?

Your comments make sense. I just think it was way poor planning on the part of Hasbro to reuse the Starscream mold here, KNOWING people are, shall we say upset, about not getting Dirge, Thurst and Thundercracker. Why not the other somewhat obvious G1 repaint choices? Why THAT mold? They coulda done Mirage as Dragstrip. Bumblebee as Hubcap or Goldbug. Hell, maybe even Grimlock as Trypticon.

Why are people complaining about the repaints?

This is NOT Classics! This is the Transformers UNIVERSE line, of which the figures we know as "Classics" are a part.

I knew that there'd be repaints; I simply don't like the original molds much (cybertron sw, quickmix), but I am look forward to repaints of classics mirage, cybertron hot shot, cybertron ss, etc.

But I do agree; you're not gonna see a tf line w/o repaints, it's been that way since the beginning; you'd think we'd understand that by now.