New Superhero Squad packs/box

ScorpioKyle

some of these were shown off at NYCC, but a few i didn't see pictured or mentioned.

Spider-man and Sentry

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBra...68&ID=21774

Blade and Punisher

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBra...68&ID=21776

Captain America and Red Skull

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBra...68&ID=21775

spider-man and electro

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBra...68&ID=21773

Spider-Man City in Crisis box:

comic Spider-man, Green Goblin, Sandman...and......MARY JANE WATSON

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBra...68&ID=21771

they also had listings up for the other announced items too.

The blad and punisher look nice, I didn't see any good clear in focus pics from NYCC. but that spider-man box is great, didn't see that or the Red Skull pack shown off at NYCC

nothing against spidey. love the dude. biggest fan of him for years now. grow up with him bla bla bla but they do way too much of super hero squad spider-mans. the box set? great way to get mary jane. if only hasbro does this with marvel legends. do a box with spidey and with 2 villains and a human character and hasbro would top over toybiz.

nothing against spidey. love the dude. biggest fan of him for years now. grow up with him bla bla bla but they do way too much of super hero squad spider-mans. the box set? great way to get mary jane. if only hasbro does this with marvel legends. do a box with spidey and with 2 villains and a human character and hasbro would top over toybiz.

yeah, i agree with you there. every series has a spider-man. if you had every set of superhero squads they made, you'd have a few dozen spidermen. of course you can't forget how many wolverines and captain america's they are pushing out too.

Aw, look at Spidey's adorable little not-wife! @smilepunch@

yeah, i agree with you there. every series has a spider-man. if you had every set of superhero squads they made, you'd have a few dozen spidermen. of course you can't forget how many wolverines and captain america's they are pushing out too.

Well, seeing as it's primarily targeted to kids, and collectors are only a secondary concern, I'd say that churning out as many of the 'icon' characters as possible is a great idea, since that keeps the line going so that the collectors can get all the lesser-known characters that the kids don't want/care about. It's all about keeping the line as visible as possible to the kids so that it remains as broad as the collectors want it to be.

Aw, look at Spidey's adorable little not-wife! @smilepunch@

Well, seeing as it's primarily targeted to kids, and collectors are only a secondary concern, I'd say that churning out as many of the 'icon' characters as possible is a great idea, since that keeps the line going so that the collectors can get all the lesser-known characters that the kids don't want/care about. It's all about keeping the line as visible as possible to the kids so that it remains as broad as the collectors want it to be.

not wife? that was good. realy good @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Wave numbering is off depending on your souce, but...

Wave 8 (Psylocke wave) - 2 Spider-Men, 6 non-Spider-Men

Wave 9 (Carnage wave) - 2 Spider-Men (but one's Ben Reilly), 6 non-Spider-Men

Wave 10 (Sentry wave) - 2 Spider-Men, 6 non-Spider-Men

Wave 11 (rumored Ultron and Ronin wave) - looks like 2 Spider-Men ("SPD" and "S-M")

Wave 12 (rumored Shang-Chi and Kang wave) - looks like 2 Spider-Men ("S-M" and "SMan")

Not counting Hulk and Iron Man movie-lines, almost 25% of all Super-Hero Squad toys being made are Spider-Man. Wolverine, by contrast, only appears one figure in roughly every other wave despite being fairly well known in his own right. The Fantastic Four, in total, have only had like 8 figures. Before the movie lines, Hulk and Iron Man only had a few figures each. Same for Captain America and Punisher.

I think part of what Scorpio Kyle is trying to say isn't that Marvel shouldn't focus on iconic characters, but that the Spider-Man figures outnumber all the other iconic characters by a huge amount (like 5 to 1 for characters like Wolverine, Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider, Thing, Punisher, and about 3 to 1 for characters like Hulk and Iron Man who just got movie lines of their own)

Wave numbering is off depending on your souce, but...

Wave 8 (Psylocke wave) - 2 Spider-Men, 6 non-Spider-Men

Wave 9 (Carnage wave) - 2 Spider-Men (but one's Ben Reilly), 6 non-Spider-Men

Wave 10 (Sentry wave) - 2 Spider-Men, 6 non-Spider-Men

Wave 11 (rumored Ultron and Ronin wave) - looks like 2 Spider-Men ("SPD" and "S-M")

Wave 12 (rumored Shang-Chi and Kang wave) - looks like 2 Spider-Men ("S-M" and "SMan")

Not counting Hulk and Iron Man movie-lines, almost 25% of all Super-Hero Squad toys being made are Spider-Man. Wolverine, by contrast, only appears one figure in roughly every other wave despite being fairly well known in his own right. The Fantastic Four, in total, have only had like 8 figures. Before the movie lines, Hulk and Iron Man only had a few figures each. Same for Captain America and Punisher.

I think part of what Scorpio Kyle is trying to say isn't that Marvel shouldn't focus on iconic characters, but that the Spider-Man figures outnumber all the other iconic characters by a huge amount (like 5 to 1 for characters like Wolverine, Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider, Thing, Punisher, and about 3 to 1 for characters like Hulk and Iron Man who just got movie lines of their own)

But Spider-Man is an easy sell. He's Marvel's flagship. Heck, he used to be part of the logo. Pack him with any character (especially the lesser-known/dicey characters) and you can guarantee sales from both parents and collectors... which, as I said, boosts chances of getting other non-iconic characters down the line. Sure, it also boosts chances of more Spider-Man, but that's the nature of the beast. Similar reasoning applies to characters like Wolverine, Captain America, and so on.

In addition, there's a matter of style to be considered. The largely static nature of SHS means that A: They are cheap to make (less parts), and B: You can get ridiculous mileage out of characters that are the most action-oriented and acrobatic... and it just so happens that Spider-Man is well-known for his agility. If you sell a Marvel Legends style Spider-Man, that's it. Most people (parents and collectors alike) will not buy more. If you sell a SHS 'leaping' Spider-Man, you can claim variety while putting out 'web-shooting', 'wall-crawling', 'crouching', 'punching', 'kicking', and so on. Add that to the point about 'secondary' characters above, and suddenly horizon of the line becomes limitless.

I'll grant that it's a somewhat monotonous use of a character to the completist, but from any other POV, it's probably one of the more brilliantly-planned toylines out there.

Never been a fan of shs but i gotta admit that electro/spidey 2 pack looks really cool.They really nailed electro,classic costume and all.Haven't decided if i'll get it yet but it looks mighty tempting!!!