FlyingFigg's guide to fixing your 25th Joe arms

FlyingFigg

love the tute... I agree that you need some better close ups for those that really don't know what you're talking about on the shaving of the elbow area. Don't be afraid to break away from the story a second or two to show this, seeing how that's really your main purpose ;)

As for the camera and pic quality, look into getting a photo light box, or just make your own... also, see if your camera has a macro setting, it's usually shown with a flower icon, that right there might be your problem if it's just your everyday standard digicam...

macro.jpg

turn that baby on and you'll see a world of difference...

I actually have a trooper taken apart where I shaved off his chest area a tad to so his arms can go in more, notice how there's that little crevice that they sit in when they're straight down? Well if you sand that "side boob" area down, it'll really help get even better action shots... just thought I'd mention that, if you do some re shoots, maybe you can add that in there too...

Anyway, can't wait to see more...

-Joe(aka Mr. MOD EDIT ;) )...

love the tute... I agree that you need some better close ups for those that really don't know what you're talking about on the shaving of the elbow area. Don't be afraid to break away from the story a second or two to show this, seeing how that's really your main purpose ;)

As for the camera and pic quality, look into getting a photo light box, or just make your own... also, see if your camera has a macro setting, it's usually shown with a flower icon, that right there might be your problem if it's just your everyday standard digicam...

macro.jpg

turn that baby on and you'll see a world of difference...

I actually have a trooper taken apart where I shaved off his chest area a tad to so his arms can go in more, notice how there's that little crevice that they sit in when they're straight down? Well if you sand that "side boob" area down, it'll really help get even better action shots... just thought I'd mention that, if you do some re shoots, maybe you can add that in there too...

Anyway, can't wait to see more...

-Joe(aka Mr. MOD EDIT ;) )...

My wife's camera does have a macro button and it makes a world of difference. Thanks for the tip. Will have new photos up tomorrow in detail about shaving the arms.

I'm not going to build a light box, but set construction has begun on "How to customize #2: The further adventures of Speedy"

Nice!

I haven't had a problem with the Cobra Soldiers though... Duke's the real clunker when it comes to arms.

Really D? I have the same prob they can't hold anything with two hands, I did the same thing with some SEs, Stalker, Duke and the troopers.. haven't had the chance to do any others.

Well, they're not perfect, certainly, but at least my troopers can be posed like this:

Cobras.jpg

...Whereas Duke and Flint can pretty much only do this (and look realistic):

Joes-1.jpg

Nice!

I haven't had a problem with the Cobra Soldiers though... Duke's the real clunker when it comes to arms.

Really D? I have the same prob they can't hold anything with two hands, I did the same thing with some SEs, Stalker, Duke and the troopers.. haven't had the chance to do any others.

Well, they're not perfect, certainly, but at least my troopers can be posed like this:

Cobras.jpg

...Whereas Duke and Flint can pretty much only do this (and look realistic):

Joes-1.jpg

I have almost every single one of those dvd's!

These are your figures so you do whatever you like with them, but I would have only left Scarlett, Snake Eyes(es), Storm Shadow, Stalker, Lady Jaye, Shipwreck, Grandslam, and Crankcase alone, and modded the rest of their elbows.

But that's me, I like most of my figures posed aiming their weapons at some invisible target.

Update on "The Further Adventures of Speedy":

Set Construction: Complete

Script: Complete

Photography: Begins tonight

Should have it posted sometime this week.

Here's a teaser for the next one.

test01.jpg

What does it have to do with the next how to? Nothing. It's just a test shot. But I'm nearing completeion and I'm getting excited.

Edit: It's up now. http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2053904