Blade Star Gets 3 Years In Jail

JayC

Taxes are unconstitutional.

That's a shame.

thats freakin BS. the dang government needs to quit coming after our money so much!

all those CEOs get slaps on the wrist after screwing over thousands of people... But he doens't pay the government, so they throw him in jail???? WTF

avoiding taxes shouldn't be a prison-type offense..... just take his stuff or whatever... dang

I'm sure they will cut some time off and lower the sentence. They'll just make him pay what he owes. What kind of an idiot forgets to pay his/her taxes. I' didn't want to see him Blade 4 anyways, I'd prefer sticky fingers jones. @loll@

I think this is BS.

Just within the last few weeks, there was a man convicted of rape here, where I live. He got 7 years, ALL suspended.

Our criminal justice system is so f***ed up it pisses me off.

Rape someone and get a slap on the hand, but forget to pay your taxes, and YOU'RE GOING TO JAIL!

That's a shame.

Actually, that's not the case.

Snipes was operating under the false assumption predicated by others--he chose to disregard actual laws and ammendments that permit the US Goverment to collect taxes. If was as easy as he and like believers put forth, everyone would be doing it.........and the Government would plug that hole that much sooner.

avoiding taxes shouldn't be a prison-type offense..... just take his stuff or whatever... dang

I agree, but there's issues here of willful evasion, which is criminal in most western nations. The IRS will get the money from him as well, rendering him totally insolvent in the process if need be.

See, that can happen in the USA.

4 years ago, I learned a lil' something about Canadian tax laws in the process of going insolvent: namely my tax debt was wiped out by declaring bankruptcy. I'm fortunate in that regards, but Snipes isn't because the IRS had the laws regarding bankruptcy in the USA changed to deny that kind of safe harbour. The IRS will seize everything he owns, sell it off and accrue the earnings to address his debt. If he still owes anything once he's released, he'll have to pay the remainder, unless he can settle--which is unlikely.

Sure, that sucks, but with the guy's income being what it was he certainly had the means to pay what he owed. just like everyone else has to. He chose not to, and he's high profile enough to be a good example for everyone else--sucks to be Wesley Snipes, I guess..

That's a shame.

Snipes was operating under the false assumption predicated by others--he chose to disregard actual laws and ammendments that permit the US Goverment to collect taxes. If was as easy as he and like believers put forth, everyone would be doing it.........and the Government would plug that hole that much sooner.

I agree, but there's issues here of willful evasion, which is criminal in most western nations. The IRS will get the money from him as well, rendering him totally insolvent in the process if need be.

4 years ago, I learned a lil' something about Canadian tax laws in the process of going insolvent: namely my tax debt was wiped out by declaring bankruptcy. I'm fortunate in that regards, but Snipes isn't because the IRS had the laws regarding bankruptcy in the USA changed to deny that kind of safe harbour. The IRS will seize everything he owns, sell it off and accrue the earnings to address his debt. If he still owes anything once he's released, he'll have to pay the remainder, unless he can settle--which is unlikely.

Sure, that sucks, but with the guy's income being what it was he certainly had the means to pay what he owed. just like everyone else has to. He chose not to, and he's high profile enough to be a good example for everyone else--sucks to be Wesley Snipes, I guess..

Did you know the IRS is a british organization run by England?

That's a shame.

Did you know the IRS is a british organization run by England?

what are you guys talking about? irs is a wrestler. @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

funny how Willie Nelson did no jail time at all and he owed the government 16 million while Wesley only owed 2.5 mil and is doing 3 years and has to pay 5 million.

i wonder why they would treat Wesley so harshly while Willie Nelson didn't?

When illegal immigrants come to America and avoid taxes, everyone's up in arms and demands their deportation or imprisonment...

When an actor does it, its ludicrous and unjust? Please, give me a break. Felony is a felony is a felony, tax evasion deserves punishment. Why should someone be getting a free ride, especially when making millions, and their taxes would be nothing more than a$$wipe money to them to begin with.

you guys just dont get it. since miss hilton went to jail, every star thinks that jail is a new 5 star hotel to check in. to be a star , you have to do a little jail time lately. so wesley wants to be the man again and show that he is a taff guy and guess what? after his time in jail, blade 4 is a must for his career. @loll@