NEW Classic Marvel animation DVD'S...NO WAIT!!!

DrOctavius

That's only if you live in ANY other country besides the U.S.!!!

WTF MARVEL!?

I want my Spider-man and his Amazing Friends, Incredible Hulk, Spider-woman, Fantastic Four, and every other show...NOW.

You give them to the rest of the freaking world and continually screw us! What gives?!

Its licensing agreements.

Domestic and international licensing and distrbution agreements are made with different parties, and if one party cannot come to accept the terms, then that deal will not be writ.

Its why some TV shows and movies have been shown on Region 2 DVDs and not Region 1--Six Million Dollar Man is a good example, its been out in the UK/Europe for 3-4 years now, but there's no word on when it'll show up here at home.

Its sucks, but that's the way the business works.

Domestic and international licensing and distrbution agreements are made with different parties, and if one party cannot come to accept the terms, then that deal will not be writ.

Its why some TV shows and movies have been shown on Region 2 DVDs and not Region 1--Six Million Dollar Man is a good example, its been out in the UK/Europe for 3-4 years now, but there's no word on when it'll show up here at home.

That's the best reason to buy bootlegs and shove them in Marvel's face with a big HAHA. When they see how much money they're losing, they'll do something. Bottom line, if they're not going to give me what I want, I will find it elsewhere...legal or not.

That's the best reason to buy bootlegs and shove them in Marvel's face with a big HAHA. When they see how much money they're losing, they'll do something. Bottom line, if they're not going to give me what I want, I will find it elsewhere...legal or not.

You do realize that Marvel does not own the distribution rights for these animated properties?

Until the distribution rights revert back to Marvel (if they ever do), Marvel can't really do anything about it.

That would be Disney when they bought out Saban Entertainment a few years ago.

Actually, its a really lousy reason.

All it does is hurt you and other consumers that want the sets, because to combat piracy issues they raise the prices when it finally does get released here. It also sets a precedent within the distributors minds to withhold certain items longer or not carry them at all.

In most cases, if you go with a pirated version you will buy a tainted copy, usually a lesser quality print, and will miss out on extras that might otherwise be added in to a legit set.

If that means nothing to you, it probably means something to other fans and collectors around you so you are not hurting Marvel, you are hurting your fellow fans.

So the HAHA is on you, not anyone else.

Actually, its a really lousy reason.

All it does is hurt you and other consumers that want the sets, because to combat piracy issues they raise the prices when it finally does get released here. It also sets a precedent within the distributors minds to withhold certain items longer or not carry them at all.

In most cases, if you go with a pirated version you will buy a tainted copy, usually a lesser quality print, and will miss out on extras that might otherwise be added in to a legit set.

If that means nothing to you, it probably means something to other fans and collectors around you so you are not hurting Marvel, you are hurting your fellow fans.

So the HAHA is on you, not anyone else.

No, the HAHA is on the greedy corporate pricks who won't settle their petty disputes, and don't care at all what the fans want. Why do you think the 1966 Batman TV show hasn't been released? 20th Century Fox owns the show, but WB owns Batman. Both want the biggest piece of the pie, and neither of them will budge, so we all do without. Screw that. I've waited almost ten years, and that's long enough. I bought the entire series on bootleg DVD. Is the quality lesser? Sure.

But if my only choice is a lesser quality DVD or no DVD at all...well, it's really not too difficult is it?

No, the HAHA is on the greedy corporate pricks who won't settle their petty disputes, and don't care at all what the fans want. Why do you think the 1966 Batman TV show hasn't been released? 20th Century Fox owns the show, but WB owns Batman. Both want the biggest piece of the pie, and neither of them will budge, so we all do without. Screw that. I've waited almost ten years, and that's long enough. I bought the entire series on bootleg DVD. Is the quality lesser? Sure.

But if my only choice is a lesser quality DVD or no DVD at all...well, it's really not too difficult is it?

Well, under a capitalist system, they are entitled to make a profit.

Anyone and everyone is entitled to make a profit off of something they own--how can it be called "greed" and therefore wrong if you are entitled to do it?

Under a communist-style system, they would not be entitled to that and every would get their "fair share" ( in theory).

We live in the former.

When you buy a pirated item, you are essentially buying stolen property--and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the ill effects of that kind of thing.

And the Batman series has some heightened rumours surrounding it these days. I've seen what's believed to be some leaked packaging art for the first season DVD set, so if its geniune then your quarreling parties have kissed and made up.