Target Exclusives

EvilStar

Dude, I'm getting scared.

I bought the HISS tank but I held off on picking up the AWE Striker and the Night Specter cuz I didn't have the green. Now when I go to Target, I can't find them at all. They still got plenty of Star Wars & the Transformers but no more Joes. Was this a limited release? Are they all out of them? Or will they be restocked? Do I still got a chance?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the HISS tank but I held off on picking up the AWE Striker and the Night Specter cuz I didn't have the green. Now when I go to Target, I can't find them at all. They still got plenty of Star Wars & the Transformers but no more Joes. Was this a limited release? Are they all out of them? Or will they be restocked? Do I still got a chance?

dude don't go crazy, the first time around is less, there will be more to come, when i used to work for wal-mart it was the same, they bring in less to see how well it sells, then bam!! they have way too much, and then it don't sell. depending how there system works, ill take 2 to 3 weeks to get replenish.

The only Joes I have found on the pegs recently have been the carded figs from the box sets..

do you think there going to release the second box set of cobras on pegs? i wont that CC in black..

The only Joes I have found on the pegs recently have been the carded figs from the box sets..

do you think there going to release the second box set of cobras on pegs? i wont that CC in black..

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that CC will not see a single card release.

You looking for it on card, or do you just want the figure. Cuz I have a few leftover from my Army Building if you just want him loose for your collection.

PM me if you're interested. No charge, you'd be doing me a favor.

dude don't go crazy, the first time around is less, there will be more to come, when i used to work for wal-mart it was the same, they bring in less to see how well it sells, then bam!! they have way too much, and then it don't sell. depending how there system works, ill take 2 to 3 weeks to get replenish.

Oh, Man! I hope you're right, Dude. I TOTALLY in a panic cuz my Targets have been Joe free for a week or so and I'm TOTALLY at the end of my rope. I really don't want to go to the secondary market, but I'll do anything to get that Grand Slam. I even was IM-ing a guy in Cally who said he'd sell me one for a C-note. I'm hoping it don't come to that. I never like making these on-line deals. This guy's my boy. He's totally dope so I'm not worried about getting effed here, but I still don't want to toss my green, Bro.

Anyway, Thanks for having my back, Guy.

Peace out!

Not to throw a wet blanket on your hopes, but I beleive I read on another recent thread that the exclusives were listed in their system as discontinued. Now that doesn't meant they don't have a stockpile in their warehouses waiting for store orders, but I'm betting that it was a limited time release, and that Hasbro is done producing them.

And have you checked both locations where they were found? At the registers and in the toy section? Could be you just overlooked them, i know I did. One register endcap out of twenty five isn't that hard to pass by.

Oh, Man! I hope you're right, Dude. I TOTALLY in a panic cuz my Targets have been Joe free for a week or so and I'm TOTALLY at the end of my rope. I really don't want to go to the secondary market, but I'll do anything to get that Grand Slam. I even was IM-ing a guy in Cally who said he'd sell me one for a C-note. I'm hoping it don't come to that. I never like making these on-line deals. This guy's my boy. He's totally dope so I'm not worried about getting effed here, but I still don't want to toss my green, Bro.

Anyway, Thanks for having my back, Guy.

Peace out!

I'm sorry, a c-note for Grand Slam? As in $100.00? So not worth it IMO. But it's not my money.

This is the story that I've put together from tidbits here and there on the Target exlcusives. Believe me or not, I don't mind much either way.

apparently there was only a bit less than 7,000 cases of these produced (each case has 3 items - 1 of each). There are about 1500 Targets in this country. the first shipment to stores was 3 to 4 cases. That comes out to 4500 to 6000 cases gone already. Just this week I saw two more cases on the shelf at a Target - but I had only previously seen 1 case - does that mean they got more in or just didn't put them all out? Dunno.

So, that would just about account for all the cases.

That's not to say that Hasbro isn't going to make another run of these beyond the original 7000 or less, dunno.

That's not to say that Hasbro isn't going to make another run of these beyond the original 7000 or less, dunno.

1) I'm sure if Target ordered another run from Hasbro they'd do it. So using that logic, it's up to Target.

2) I believe (but can be wrong) that there is a minimum order for production which is somewhere around 30,000 units per SKU ie. 30,000 AWE Striker's, 30,000 HISS tanks etc.

I was talking to the Hasbro guy at the Canadian Joe Con, and that's the minimum number he told me that Hasbro must order from the factory for a single card figure to be produced. That may not apply to vehciles however. But at the same time out of an estimated population of over 303 million people in the USA, 7000 units is nothing.

When it comes to Target Exclusives, I've never seen them restock those and this was was when I worked there. One of my local stores doesn't even have the endcaps up anymore and all 3 exclusives(Joe, Star Wars, Transformers) are all gone, they're not even in the toy department.

best thing to do is that the DPCI number or the barcode adn take it to your Target's Service Desk and have them scan it, see if they have any in stock, if they don't, ask if they can do a check on all the local targets in your area and if they have any, they can actually print you out a receipt like piece of paper and write how many each store has showing up in their computers...

But.. and that's a big but seeing your posts here.. you have to be nice and courteous about it.. I know it might be hard for you, but say "please" and "thank you" and "yes ma'am" and so on and so forth.. if you walk in there like you post here, I can guarantee they wont help you at all.. so don't go striding in there with your pants hanging down to your knees all crunked out wif your gold chains and hat on backwards and be all:

"YO, wassup bizatch, I got dees GI Joes I need to be gettin', You gotta help me wit all dat, so my homie don't be takin' all my scrilla fo it... He's askin' fo a Cnote for what I should be gettin' fo a dime, knowhatI'msayin' Playa? So, how's about you be gettin on that Effin' computer and print me out my sheeit"

yeah... that wouldn't be the best way to go about it ;)

best thing to do is that the DPCI number or the barcode adn take it to your Target's Service Desk and have them scan it, see if they have any in stock, if they don't, ask if they can do a check on all the local targets in your area and if they have any, they can actually print you out a receipt like piece of paper and write how many each store has showing up in their computers...

But.. and that's a big but seeing your posts here.. you have to be nice and courteous about it.. I know it might be hard for you, but say "please" and "thank you" and "yes ma'am" and so on and so forth.. if you walk in there like you post here, I can guarantee they wont help you at all.. so don't go striding in there with your pants hanging down to your knees all crunked out wif your gold chains and hat on backwards and be all:

"YO, wassup bizatch, I got dees GI Joes I need to be gettin', You gotta help me wit all dat, so my homie don't be takin' all my scrilla fo it... He's askin' fo a Cnote for what I should be gettin' fo a dime, knowhatI'msayin' Playa? So, how's about you be gettin on that Effin' computer and print me out my sheeit"

Actually, I've found this approach to be most effective. @lol@

He'd throw in a few more"effings" and start with a big loud "DUDE!".

Sometimes when there isn't enough merchandise to sustain an endcap a store mgr will have anything left on it taken off to put up something else that has a large abundence

In this case if there were any exclusives left they will back stock them and not put them on the floor because the exclusive doesn't have a home in the toy dept ,its true home was that endcap

So if you see nothing try to get the DPCI and see if its just collecting dust in the back

Usually it will stay in the back until it goes on clearance

When it comes to Target Exclusives, I've never seen them restock those and this was was when I worked there. One of my local stores doesn't even have the endcaps up anymore and all 3 exclusives(Joe, Star Wars, Transformers) are all gone, they're not even in the toy department.

I noticed this also with the awesome Star Wars battle packs that came out for Christmas. The ones that had either an Endor or a Hoth AT-ST included. My brother collects SW, but I had already picked up his stuff. Those things flew out of the store, and I have not seen or heard of them since. Total regrets there, so I could not missout on these exclusives!

I am on vaca this coming week, so I'll take stock of what's available in my travels and post it so if anyone is dead set on getting them, you'll be able to let me know. I personally only picked up 1 each of the Joe vehicles, and 2 of the HISSes, so everyone else could have a shot. And because the HISS I want is coming out later in the year, probably in a surplus after what Hasbro has seen with these exclusives. I can tell you from what I have seen this past weekend, the main shelf warmer is the SHAR... er Night Spectre. Plenty of those when I was there.

Just so you know when it comes to exclusives Target will set the display and when the run is up they go clearence and that is the end of it. Last week when I picked up my vehicles I had on one the Target guys scan it to see ifthey had any morein the backroom and he showed me that the items had been discontinued. That doesn't mean you won't be able to find them it will just be harder. All the stores do not put stuff on clearence at the same time. It just depends on the size of the store and the amount of the product they have to get rid of.

Not to throw a wet blanket on your hopes, but I beleive I read on another recent thread that the exclusives were listed in their system as discontinued. Now that doesn't meant they don't have a stockpile in their warehouses waiting for store orders, but I'm betting that it was a limited time release, and that Hasbro is done producing them.

And have you checked both locations where they were found? At the registers and in the toy section? Could be you just overlooked them, i know I did. One register endcap out of twenty five isn't that hard to pass by.

any thing new in the system , target or wal-mart always comes discontinued. its new. after its first run, second run it will be part of the mod, most of the people that work in these stores don't know this info,i wont worry about it too much just give it 2 to 3 weeks before you know it its back on the shelves, its a money maker, ill be back,,,