DC Universe Classics - long shot figures

Superpowers1980

I was thinking, most people including myself want figures made of some characters that had limited exposure and aren't even C or D listers but we still want them. Below are a few I want and I am interested in hearing some others.

Yuga Khan -- The father of Darkseid is or was the most powerful New God, He would be

Ok, something odd happened when I tried to finish the original post, weird?

Yuga Khan - Darkseid's father is a major bad ass, When they did have him in the New God comics he was totally awesome and showcased some major power, more power than Darkseid. A CC figure would be awesome. Its doubtful to see him, probably get a Darkseid mother Heggra before we see Yuga Khan

Dr Impossible - I love the New Gods and this guy briefly appeared as someone else. He had a recent JLU DCD figure. HE is too cool and I want him.

Amazing Man - He would add diversity and thank you Mattel for already doing this. There are not many AA heroes, so far we got Steel and Black Lightning is coming, but its a long shot for Amazing Man, but he is cool and I want him badly.

I'm a 'group' person and a completist, which means there will always be something I want that doesn't make the cut. For example:

The members of Infinity Inc. (Fury, Obsidian, etc)

The tier members of the Teen Titans and the Justice League (like Kole, Argent, Red Star, Gypsy, Rocket Red and Crimson Fox, to name a few)

The LSH - that would take a while...

Hell, I'd be ecstaic for a frickin' Zan and Jayna DUCU-style!

The list goes on.

I'm a 'group' person and a completist, which means there will always be something I want that doesn't make the cut. For example:

The members of Infinity Inc. (Fury, Obsidian, etc)

The tier members of the Teen Titans and the Justice League (like Kole, Argent, Red Star, Gypsy, Rocket Red and Crimson Fox, to name a few)

The LSH - that would take a while...

Hell, I'd be ecstaic for a frickin' Zan and Jayna DUCU-style!

The list goes on.

I am right there with you about all the characters you mentioned. I really want an Obsidian figure. Not to keen of DC's direction on him, it seemed very forced making him gay which is all the rage now Batwoman/Electro....not my twist. But he is one of the coolest looking characters.

As for the LSH, man that has to be the biggest grouping of heroes, but could you imagine a Valdius CC..whoo weee I would be too excited.

I am right there with you about all the characters you mentioned. I really want an Obsidian figure. Not to keen of DC's direction on him, it seemed very forced making him gay which is all the rage now Batwoman/Electro....not my twist.

There were literally years of speculation about Obsidian's orientation prior to his actual coming out (especially during his time with the JLA). Several writers had promised to settle the matter, even going so far as to indicate that they intended him to be a gay character, but no one ever actually did anything about it. As comics are starting to broaden horizons to allow openly gay characters, Marc Andreyko (an openly gay writer) decided it fit his story and was allowed to finally put it to rest.

I'll grant that it's practically becoming a fashion statement to have a gay character, no matter how minor. To some degree it is. As far as comics are concerned (I'll leave the larger general culture out of it), gay is the new black. I know, that sounds rude, but please hear me out. Up until the 60s, comics were predominantly written by white men, who assumed that white children were reading them, and thus wrote white heroes. The creators often weren't consciously excluding blacks, it just never occurred to them to represent other skin tones. This didn't accurately reflect things, so they began to insert black characters, although they were often minor. Black heroes did see popularity, however, and it soon became fashionable to spotlight black heroes in various comics.

We're seeing a repeat of that: For decades, straight comic creators assumed straight children were reading them, and wrote straight characters. This doesn't accurately reflect the readership- if anything, more gay people than ever are reading comics, and there are more openly gay comics creators as well. Gay supporting characters started showing up en masse in the 90s, and now we've moved into the 'gay hero' phase. It really only makes sense that as the subculture realizes it's excluding a segment, it will overcompensate for it.

Hopefully that sounded reasonable... I'll admit I'm working largely from information I've gathered from reading a lot of articles and studies about sociology and comics, but I'm no sociologist. The end result/point is that comics are traditionally bad at representing minority segments of the population (you should read some of the stuff that's been written on religion and comics sometime). When comics catch up, they tend to parade it around for a while.

Ironically enough, my 'long shot wish' is Manhunter (Kate Spenser), followed in close order by Hitman, Gentleman Ghost, and Blue Devil.

Blue Devil is a popular character, I'm sure in some point we'll see him. He got a JLU figure so there's great chance we'll see him in DCUC.

I'm hoping to see Alfred Pennyworth, Commissioner Gordon. They aren't the main superheroes in the comics so chances to get them made are even slimmer. Perhaps a 2pack or something.

I'd like to see Dupplex (I think that's his name it's early and my brain hurts) The horned little DNAlien guy from Cadmus.

After that how about Aztek. I discovered this character late in his run but found him lots of fun.

... it seemed very forced making him gay which is all the rage now Batwoman/Electro....

WTF??? Electro's gay??? Marvel's E-Boy??? GET OUTT!!!! NO EFFING WAY!!! Since when? I call BS on this!

BOT, I'm totally hardcore for the Legion and the Doom Patrol, but I gots to show some love for the bad guys. Gimme...

1. Neutron, the Man with the Nuclear Punch!

2. Metallo in 70's orange/ green armor

3. Dr. Polaris with Galactus antlers.

4. EvilStar with Starlings!

And as a BAF...SHOCKWAVE!!

1) Powerboy

2) Maxima green and gold costume or purple and gold costume

3) Silver Banshee

4) Silver Swan

5) Zan Animated

6) Jayna Animated with space monkey Gleek

7) Animated el Dorado

8) BAF Apache CHIEF

9) Faith or Hope modern white costume

10) Batman Beyond's friend Max from the animated series

Well, at a one time I would have told you that guys like Lightray and Black Lightning were long shots. Shows what I know, but I digress. Here is my list of 10. If they would be a good C&C I will simply add the C&C behind the name. In no particular order here we go.

1. Rocket Red C&C

2. Animal Man (JLE costume)

3. Stargirl

4. Wildcat

5. Andromeda

6. Swamp Thing C&C

7. Mantis (Super Powers costume)

8. Kalibak C&C

9. Desaad

10. Jesse Quick

What the heck. I have some honorable mentions: Mary Marvel, Kilowag, Ragman, Guy Gardner, Fire and Ice

-talia

- the wonder twins with gleek

-apache chief

-samurai

-desaad

-felix faust

-mr. mxyzptlk

-warhawk

-static shock (adult version)

-the jokerz: dee dee, ghoul, whoof, chucko, bonk

-detective bullock and officer Montoya (two pack perhaps)

-the gray ghost

-the phantasm

-lucius fox

-red claw

-the kents

-jor-el

-king snake

They have to make Dr Polaris and Evilstar. Polaris just looks to cool anyway. As a matter of fact when and if they do make Evilstar they have to include at least 3 of his little ugly guys. I don't even know who Wrath is as a Batman villian so I have to look him up.

... it seemed very forced making him gay which is all the rage now Batwoman/Electro....

WTF??? Electro's gay??? Marvel's E-Boy??? GET OUTT!!!! NO EFFING WAY!!! Since when? I call BS on this!

No, he's bi. Link- click the picture to see it at a more readable size.

Frankly, I think it was meant to be a funny throwaway gag rather than an 'outing'. And it was in Marvel Knights Spider-Man, which I question as far as canon goes.

Frankly, I think it was meant to be a funny throwaway gag rather than an 'outing'. And it was in Marvel Knights Spider-Man, which I question as far as canon goes.

Either way its not my thing and it ruins the character for me, Electro was a favorite but now I just don't know.

Looked up the Batman villian Wrath, he seems cool and I would like to see a figure. I am sure some mentions will be made into action figures like

Blue Devil

Dr Polaris

Plastic Man needs to be made, for some reason he is ignored at times. He does have more figures than Elongated Man but we SHOULD see a Plastic Man with tons of weapons before we see an Elongated Man.

They have to make Maxima in her green outfit, with they clear yellow cape thingy, also DC needs to bring her back, she was a hot bad ass

Detective chimp is one where I surely have to agree, I doubt they will make him but they SHOULD have him as an add-on figure to another, he could be packed with a figure sort of like how Silver Surfer was packed with Howard the Duck, same deal with Mxy, Bat-Mite, that little eveil guy, I forget his name oh yeah Dr. Psycho.

Ambush bug is doubtful

Dupplex is doubtful too, actually i hated him with Cadmus

Ma and Pa Kent should be online exclusives or something but I also can't imagine them on the shelf of Target or TRU

Detective chimp is one where I surely have to agree, I doubt they will make him but they SHOULD have him as an add-on figure to another, he could be packed with a figure sort of like how Silver Surfer was packed with Howard the Duck, same deal with Mxy, Bat-Mite, that little eveil guy, I forget his name oh yeah Dr. Psycho.

Ambush bug is doubtful

Dupplex is doubtful too, actually i hated him with Cadmus

Ma and Pa Kent should be online exclusives or something but I also can't imagine them on the shelf of Target or TRU

i pitched the little pack in figure idea at their NYCC panel, they humored me with a "we'll look into it" but i haven't given up the fight for Detective Chimp #US1#

Either way its not my thing and it ruins the character for me, Electro was a favorite but now I just don't know.

He's also boinking a chubby Russian (I think) shapeshifter. Did anything about that ruin him for you?

Honestly now, regardless of how canon it is, that means so little to who the character is- barring writers who like to make that sort of thing the focal point of a character, which I'll grant can be pretty annoying. It also changes nothing about any story you've ever liked with that character in it. With thousands of villains and heroes running around with millions of quirks... this is one that you choose to be bothered by?

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing where this is shaking your world.