more price rasies

xhairs

I switched from buying coffee(s) in the morning to making it at home and taking it with me to work. It's amazing how much I save that way.

:angry: @pow@

:huh:

That might have made more sense if I had mentioned that I am opening a coffee shop.

Oh, well no offence or anything.

It's cool. I am not really mad or anything.

and a big one; if you smoke. quit.

Funny you should mention this, as I just quit smoking.

Been smoke-free for almost 2 weeks now! :D

It's amazing how much even those 2 weeks have saved on my wallet. With the price of cigarettes here, that's almost $70 bucks I've saved so far.

It's amazing how much even those 2 weeks have saved on my wallet. With the price of cigarettes here, that's almost $70 bucks I've saved so far.

Good for you dude. Stay strong!

I myself have yet to do so, but have quit for a year before (so really it's a sabatical, instead of quitting) and that makes a HUGE dent in your monthly expenses.

I really need to quit soon, not just for the money I'll save, but for my health too.

.... The good news is that maybe product will be easier to find.....MAYBE.

Yes this is very evident at one of my Walmarts. Usually new waves sold out quickly. Now the newest wave of figures were restocked right after the price hike. They are still sitting on the pegs a week later. They aren't going anywhere now. IG Destro, Snow Job, Torpedo, Air Trooper, Rock N Roll, & CGs are shelf warmers. Imagine that!

%$^&ing oil prices...

man i hear you and summer gas is supposed to be cheaper .

WHAT!!! no, the gas is going up not down, they said by the mid summer gas is supposed to be at $5.00 or they changed it, the last time i read about it..

My Wal-Mart still has their single pack Joes for $5.44 (used to be $4.80 something) while K-Mart has them for $5.99.

yep, the stratford wal-mart in CT, the only one that i cant stand going to still has it for 5.44.

And there's nothing there bout C.C. and i ask if there's any more, she said no, but come on, i was going to tell her to check the telxon, but i didn't like the way she was looking at me,, @hmmm@

Yes this is very evident at one of my Walmarts. Usually new waves sold out quickly. Now the newest wave of figures were restocked right after the price hike. They are still sitting on the pegs a week later. They aren't going anywhere now. IG Destro, Snow Job, Torpedo, Air Trooper, Rock N Roll, & CGs are shelf warmers. Imagine that!

Here's the irony - Yes, they've restocked, but in my area, it's with wave 2! So there she is, staring at me - the Lady Jaye I debated on for a while whether to get online or not because back then, she was nowhere to be found! (I ended up going online) Now, I can't find Sgt Flash, but I figure the same thing will happen, or he will be a filler in a later wave. Kind of makes you wonder just what they have in their stock room really.

has anyone found any new figures? what wave are we even on? i last got the wave with the CG, then i saw 1 lone rock and roll, but didnt pick him up :( is there anything out past that? im caught up on the comic packs

but yeah, the prices suck now. star wars figures were already too expensive, and now these are more? i pretty much quit SW, and it looks like im quiting joe, besides the comic packs. ill probly grab the BAT, Viper, and there were like 1 or 2 others i wanted, but not for 7 bucks each. especially like someone mentioned, 2 years ago the 2 packs were 7-8 bucks

has anyone found any new figures? what wave are we even on? i last got the wave with the CG, then i saw 1 lone rock and roll, but didnt pick him up :( is there anything out past that? im caught up on the comic packs

but yeah, the prices suck now. star wars figures were already too expensive, and now these are more? i pretty much quit SW, and it looks like im quiting joe, besides the comic packs. ill probly grab the BAT, Viper, and there were like 1 or 2 others i wanted, but not for 7 bucks each. especially like someone mentioned, 2 years ago the 2 packs were 7-8 bucks

The current wave is the one you saw, with RnR, Torpedo, and Armored CC. I think the Wild Bill wave is next to hit.

Good for you dude. Stay strong!

I myself have yet to do so, but have quit for a year before (so really it's a sabatical, instead of quitting) and that makes a HUGE dent in your monthly expenses.

I really need to quit soon, not just for the money I'll save, but for my health too.

HA--------ME TOOMY QUIT DATE IS MAY 1ST ------------MY WIFE QUIT ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO AND HAS BEEN RIDEN ME TO QUIT TOO

SO ----I SIGNED A CONTRACT ---------SHES A BAR TENDER AT A UPSCALE PLACE AND I WAS IN THERE DRINKING ONE NIGHT--------SO I SIGNED IT IN FRONT OF ALL OF HER REGULARS

I QUIT MAY 1ST ----------WITH THESE EXCEPTIONS-----------

I CAN SMOKE WHEN I DRINK---------THURSDAYS ---AND MAYBE SATURDAYS -------------

I GET $3.00 DAILY ADDED TO A "GI JOE FUND"--------BEYOND WHAT I ALREADY SPEND-----WHICH IS ABOUT 100.00 A MONTH

SO I LOOK AT IT THIS WAY-----------

THIS CAN GO TWO WAYS------

ONE I BECOME A RAGING ALCOHALIC WITH A BUNCH A JOES AND STILL SMOKE-------

OR

I STICK TO HOW I AM RIGHT NOW QUIT SMOKING AND STILL HAVE A BUNCH MORE JOES

DOC

When HasbroToyShop had the Viper up for pre-order,they said not until June.

Your not keeping this in perspective. It's a one dollar raise per figure spread out over the course of the year. Say 80 figures this year, so $80 extra on your hobby. I don't know about you, but my hobby is worth that.

Not keeping it in perspective? Come on...the point is that that $80 could have gone to other things. An extra doller here and there starts to add up to the point that you could have bought more figures or whatnot. With the release of all these vehicles, and multi-figure packs, sure, paying $7 for a single figure isn't bad, but think about those larger packs; The comic 2-packs are $10 each. The Vehicle + figure sets were $10 each. The larger sets with 5 figures are generally $25 each. How long will those stay that cheap? Basically, in all instances, you're getting a free figure. I would have easily bought the vehicles and such for $10 on their own. The additional figure is just the icing on the cake.

Besides, I don't really think you are the one keeping things in perspective. The prices on virtually EVERYTHING are going up these days. Food, gas, toys, etc. So no, an extra dollar here, or an extra dollar there might not be much. It's the cumulative effect that starts to get to you.

Still, GI Joe figures are among some of the cheapest around. As a kid I loved GI Joes, and picking up the 25th anni. figures is a lot of fun. However, I remember paying $2 per figure 15 years ago or so, whereas they're closer to $7 now. I mean yeah, prices inflate but I'm I have other things to worry about (bills, college loans, living expenses, etc) so collectables and hobbies are generally the first thing to go. I've already pretty much eliminated one line of collectables I was buying (transformers) because the different class-sizes add up FAST in the monitary department. At least Joes are generally pretty static in prices, with the exceptions of larger boxsets, or something.

Wave 7 is out and over at Joe Battle Lines, a member said Wal-Mart has dropped prices on single cards and comic packs.

Dropping prices? That's awesome if they really are, but it seems odd after JUST having a price increase. In my area, there are two Walmarts I frequent. One never even sold Joes at all until maybe about a month ago, and the other had always had them for $4.88, which was over a dollar cheaper than anywhere else. Then I went in one day, and they had raise the price to something like, $5.44. I was surprised to see the price increase, but I didn't really think much of it, since it was still cheaper than the $5.99 that everywhere else was charging. Not more than maybe a week later I went in and they had increased to $6.84, or whatever they are now. I was wondering why the prices were constantly fluctuating...Now to hear they're dropping them again? Seems weird. The two packs have been a constant $9.88 throughout all of this, though.

It's kinda funny now. TRU is actually CHEAPER than Walmart and Target.

It's always been odd to me when I see people talking about TRU being so expensive, since in my area, TRU has always been the same price, or cheaper than most other places...

Here's the irony - Yes, they've restocked, but in my area, it's with wave 2! So there she is, staring at me - the Lady Jaye I debated on for a while whether to get online or not because back then, she was nowhere to be found! (I ended up going online) Now, I can't find Sgt Flash, but I figure the same thing will happen, or he will be a filler in a later wave. Kind of makes you wonder just what they have in their stock room really.

Don't sweat, Flash will be repacked in some upcoming waves.

wave 9. heres the link

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo...number=HJ63403J

This Wave 9 case includes 8 individually packaged characters: (Subject to change.)

1x Sgt. Flash

1x Major Bludd

1x Hawk

1x Bazooka

1x Barbeque

1x Storm Shadow Black

1x Snow Serpent

1x BAT

wave 9. heres the link

This Wave 9 case includes 8 individually packaged characters: (Subject to change.)

1x Sgt. Flash

1x Major Bludd

1x Hawk

1x Bazooka

1x Barbeque

1x Storm Shadow Black

1x Snow Serpent

1x BAT

Thanks again, Red - I appreciate the help!

Dropping prices? That's awesome if they really are, but it seems odd after JUST having a price increase. In my area, there are two Walmarts I frequent. One never even sold Joes at all until maybe about a month ago, and the other had always had them for $4.88, which was over a dollar cheaper than anywhere else. Then I went in one day, and they had raise the price to something like, $5.44. I was surprised to see the price increase, but I didn't really think much of it, since it was still cheaper than the $5.99 that everywhere else was charging. Not more than maybe a week later I went in and they had increased to $6.84, or whatever they are now. I was wondering why the prices were constantly fluctuating...Now to hear they're dropping them again? Seems weird. The two packs have been a constant $9.88 throughout all of this, though.

Comic packs were dropped in price too to $9.48!

^^^That's strange...although to be fair, I don't really see 2-packs move that often. Of course, they probably would, if any stores around here ever had anything other than the first three packs that nobody even wants.

Also, I was at two different TRUs today. One had increased the price of their single-carded figures to $6.99, while the other was still at $5.99...

wave 9. heres the link

1x Sgt. Flash

1x Major Bludd

1x Hawk

1x Bazooka

1x Barbeque

1x Storm Shadow Black

1x Snow Serpent

1x BAT

Thanks again, Red - I appreciate the help!

NO Problemo