more price rasies

xhairs

Target has now raised their prices on the single card 25th Anniversary G.I. Joe figures! The price has gone up from $5.99 to $6.84, the same price Walmart is now selling the single card figures for. this was bound to happen i wrote to hasbro about this as there more then Sw figs. @grumpy@

Guys...I would suggest you get used to it.

EVERYTHING is going to be going up with the price of fuel as it is.

I just received an email from Ebay that USPS is raising their shipping costs too, which means anyone who orders toys online and uses USPS for shipping will be paying more as well.

Your not keeping this in perspective. It's a one dollar raise per figure spread out over the course of the year. Say 80 figures this year, so $80 extra on your hobby. I don't know about you, but my hobby is worth that.

Guys...I would suggest you get used to it.

EVERYTHING is going to be going up with the price of fuel as it is.

I just received an email from Ebay that USPS is raising their shipping costs too, which means anyone who orders toys online and uses USPS for shipping will be paying more as well.

That has been known for a while now.

Your not keeping this in perspective. It's a one dollar raise per figure spread out over the course of the year. Say 80 figures this year, so $80 extra on your hobby. I don't know about you, but my hobby is worth that.

I don't have $80 extra. :(

Yeah, maybe it is time to invade another oil rich country!

#tank#

Bad joke, I know..... @hmmm@

You know.....one of the bad M.O.'s on Joe collectors is that we have a reputation for being very cheap. I can handle the increase, heck, we knew it was just going to be a matter of time before the other retailers followed suit. But I also realize, not everyone can budget the increase. The good news is that maybe product will be easier to find.....MAYBE.

Ironically, $80 spread out over 12 months is $6.66 (repeating) per month. @firedevil@

What is $6 these days? Two days less of eating fast food lunch maybe? With the price of gas so high (and I am really not complaining about that because I have seen first hand what it is in Europe per liter), I've been brown bagging it more to the office. Yeah, I miss my two hour $15 Sushi lunches once a week, but in the long run, I can adjust. I don't collect any other toy really, so for me, it is worth it.....but believe me guys and gals, for those of you who can't, I COMPLETELY understand!

Yeah, maybe it is time to invade another oil rich country!

#tank#

Bad joke, I know..... @hmmm@

You know.....one of the bad M.O.'s on Joe collectors is that we have a reputation for being very cheap. I can handle the increase, heck, we knew it was just going to be a matter of time before the other retailers followed suit. But I also realize, not everyone can budget the increase. The good news is that maybe product will be easier to find.....MAYBE.

Ironically, $80 spread out over 12 months is $6.66 (repeating) per month. @firedevil@

What is $6 these days? Two days less of eating fast food lunch maybe? With the price of gas so high (and I am really not complaining about that because I have seen first hand what it is in Europe per liter), I've been brown bagging it more to the office. Yeah, I miss my two hour $15 Sushi lunches once a week, but in the long run, I can adjust. I don't collect any other toy really, so for me, it is worth it.....but believe me guys and gals, for those of you who can't, I COMPLETELY understand!

Prices are always going up it's just the way it is, this is why we get cost of living raises where we work (depending where you work that is).

I switched from buying coffee(s) in the morning to making it at home and taking it with me to work. It's amazing how much I save that way.

Brown bag lunch to work is also a big $ saver, also eat dinner at home (as in make it not order it).

and a big one; if you smoke. quit.

If you add all of those together, after a month you'd be surpirsed how much extra $ you've got. More than enough to cover higher priced Joe's

I switched from buying coffee(s) in the morning to making it at home and taking it with me to work. It's amazing how much I save that way.

:angry: @pow@

:huh:

If it goes up again, I'm out!

I ain't letting myself get played for a sucker!

Not to rain on your parade or anything; but it's not a question of if, it's a question of when. Unfortunatley that's just the way it is.

Wonder how long before K-Mart jacks up their prices?

I think the K-mart near me already has. I can't say for sure on Joes cause they don't have any, but I know they bumped up the prices on all the The Batman stuff from 7.99 to 9.99.

I'm sure we'll all be here for the party when it happens.

lol.. my wife did the same, well, she bought a coffee maker for her work.. but why do I always seem to see those starbucks and Dunkin Dounuts transactions on our checking account... @hmmm@

Over at Hisstank, members have called the 1-800 Hasbro number, to complain about the price increase and althought they have gotten the typical "we'll look into it" line, Hasbro is sending all those who call, 5 $3 off coupons on Hasbro toys. Use them with the Target $5 off coupon, you can save a little money.

I'm sure we'll all be here for the party when it happens.

LMAO! I am glad I am not the only person who feels ornery today.

Over at Hisstank, members have called the 1-800 Hasbro number, to complain about the price increase and althought they have gotten the typical "we'll look into it" line, Hasbro is sending all those who call, 5 $3 off coupons on Hasbro toys. Use them with the Target $5 off coupon, you can save a little money.

Damn hisstank.....*grumbles*........

I supposed they ARE NOT good at HTS. @hmmm@

That might have made more sense if I had mentioned that I am opening a coffee shop.

I've been brown bagging it more to the office. Yeah, I miss my two hour $15 Sushi lunches once a week

This man gave up Sushi!! I feel your angst....It's more the retailers that raise the prices not Hasbro.Sure Hasbro may have marked up their unit prices but Wal-Mart<target ,TRU,etc....are the real culprits.Retailmarkup is about 120%......Again 120%!!!Oil may be going up but I'm pretty sure plastic is a very cheap biproduct.Though G.I.Joe is not my cup o' joe I feel your wallet pain.....

That might have made more sense if I had mentioned that I am opening a coffee shop.

Oh, well no offence or anything.

lol.. my wife did the same, well, she bought a coffee maker for her work.. but why do I always seem to see those starbucks and Dunkin Dounuts transactions on our checking account... @hmmm@

Those places really should be cash only.