Changing habits...

Sentry67

So, last week I went by a different LCS than my usual and I got to talking to an employee about comics etc...I found out that he's a Toy collector as well and he mentioned how he needed various parts (from Legends BAF) so I told him I had lots of spares.

He asks me to bring them in for trade and he'd let me take comics in exchange. So this week I go back, he likes what I have and says go pick what I want...I asked if I could get a Bowen MB...no problem, he says.

Now I'm the proud owner of a Yellowjacket MB...basically free of charge.

So now with my SS Nighthawk MB, White Sasquatch MB, orig Wolverine FS & Classic Hulk FS all coming this week, I feel like it's my Birthday & Christmas all wrapped up in to 1 day.

So now the big question...do I try to sell/trade off my 300+ action figures to further my drooling quest for more Statue/Busts??

So now the big question...do I try to sell/trade off my 300+ action figures to further my drooling quest for more Statue/Busts??

If the statues and busts are what's floating your boat these days, then sure........trade off the figures you have for something that makes you happier to own.

Happiness is the name of the game.

my question. what will you do when you have no more figs to trade? bowen will make a lot of statues in the next years. i think you know how it is when you cant go on with your collection anymore. i cry a river @loll@ statues are better then figs in my eyes but figs are easyer to handle i think. good luck deciding this. i could not @loll@

Does your statue have 30+ points of articulation? Nuff said.

No they don't...but you know what? Once I've put them in the pose that I like (or the only pose that will make it stand :huh: ) I pretty much leave it that way until I pick it up off the floor and repose it again. :(

Don't get me wrong! There's a reason I have over 300 of these suckers :wub: ...it's just I find Statues a lot more enticing. When family or friends come over they gawk at my Statue collection and go oooooohh...ahhhhhh, when they check out my toys, they say it's a mini Toy R us and laugh at all the toys I don't let my 3 year old play with. :unsure:

I don't know, like I said changing habits.

Anybody have any insight as to the best way to offload these things with the least sting?? @pun@

yeah, statues are nice. i'll pick up a bust every so often. the other week I found a good classic 70s Dazzler bust. was torn between that an the Crystal from the inhumans bust.

next big statue i may get is the upcoming Sideshow Rogue comiquette to go with my Mary Jane and Black Cat ones.

Statues are cool, but I'd rather have something I can pose.

Posing is half the fun of collecting! :D

Don't get me wrong! There's a reason I have over 300 of these suckers :wub: ...it's just I find Statues a lot more enticing. When family or friends come over they gawk at my Statue collection and go oooooohh...ahhhhhh, when they check out my toys, they say it's a mini Toy R us and laugh at all the toys I don't let my 3 year old play with. :unsure:

But why are you changing them? Your statement seems to indicate that you think changing what you collect will change the respect you get from others. Unless your hobby is seeking the approval of others, their reaction should not be part of your equation.

Now, maybe collecting the statues genuinely makes you happier, in which case I say go nuts. Just make the decision about you- collection hobbies are one of those things in life that are all about being greedy, so being self-centered when you're faced with choices regarding them is not only excusable, but often the preferable way to go.

and you'll wonder how the hero's feet looks like.

This made me LOL.

@lol@

But why are you changing them? Your statement seems to indicate that you think changing what you collect will change the respect you get from others. Unless your hobby is seeking the approval of others, their reaction should not be part of your equation.

Now, maybe collecting the statues genuinely makes you happier, in which case I say go nuts. Just make the decision about you- collection hobbies are one of those things in life that are all about being greedy, so being self-centered when you're faced with choices regarding them is not only excusable, but often the preferable way to go.

No, not looking for approval really, it's just since my Toy collecting has dropped off since Hasbro took over (hunting is a lot harder these days) I find myself looking into statues more & more (no hunting, just pre-order or eBay). The added appeal of having folks come by and be impressed by my display just adds to the fun of having something cool that others can enjoy also. I've enjoyed collecting figs for years and I'll definately keep some of my favorite ones, but alas I think the majority must go.