how to clean ur ml figures?

abazou

so i was wondering guys how do u clean ur figures? i study abroad and when i came back home for a visit my figures are really dusty so i was wondering is it ok if i wash them with just water? Maybe dip them in a bucket of water.

Any ideas?

thanks

so i was wondering guys how do u clean ur figures? i study abroad and when i came back home for a visit my figures are really dusty so i was wondering is it ok if i wash them with just water? Maybe dip them in a bucket of water.

Any ideas?

thanks

what is this clean you speak of? :P

trust me im just after spending the last two day cleaning my room and im not done yet. cleaning figure is hard.

Mix 2 parts bleach with one part water. Squeeze a half slice of lemon to the mixture. Put with Marvel Legend figure in a shake and bake bag. Let stand for 20 minutes and twirl like Mjolnir for about 3 minutes and voila !! Your Legend is spot clean !!

yeah but wouldn't take get rid of all the colour?

I actually asked this same question at the joe boards I frequent about one of my vehicles. However, the vehicle in question was old and had been sitting in the basement for years, so I needed to find some innovative ways to clean it.

Anyhow, for standard figures, I usually use a can of Dust-Off or whatever they call it. Just a compressed air can. That'll get the surface stuff off. If you're talkin' MAJOR dust in all the cracks, then I'd get some of those pre-wet wipe things they use to dust wood 'n such. It worked for most of my vehicle (except the vehicle had way more small areas than a figure, so I still needed help).

However, the vehicle didn't have paint on it....so I can't say what the wipes will do to it. I'd say it would be fine, but you never know.

First, spray it with hot water under the faucet, and knock off all of the loose dust & dirt.

Then, soak it for a while to loosen anything that's sticking.

Then, spray it again.

Finally, give it a scrub with soap-n-water on a cotton cloth, and hopefully that will do the trick.

If you have stains, try soaking it in bleach-n-water (very dilute). I don't think the bleach will affect the actual color of the plastic, although I might be wrong. If you choose this method, when finished, soak it in warm water again for a few hours to dilute any residual bleach.

air bottles are good for big things but for figures all you need are a cleanex or a feather duster ... Personally though I would just shell out for some nice display cases with glass doors to cut back on the dust... I buy birch ikea billy cases & you can get doors with them as well that cuts back big time! The only problem with them is the price $100 for hte book case and about $70 or so per door thats @can@ price though no idea what they are @usa@ could be slightly cheaper but not much ...

i clean my figs for years now and i always do the same. a bole of not to hot water and a drip of shampoo. they come clean and good and it doesnt take that much time to do it. my romm is full of figs. count over 500 figs and statues and all. it takes me a week to clean it. @loll@

air bottles are good for big things but for figures all you need are a cleanex or a feather duster ... Personally though I would just shell out for some nice display cases with glass doors to cut back on the dust... I buy birch ikea billy cases & you can get doors with them as well that cuts back big time! The only problem with them is the price $100 for hte book case and about $70 or so per door thats @can@ price though no idea what they are @usa@ could be slightly cheaper but not much ...

You have a link for these synch? Sounds really interesting. I've been looking for something that matches that description.

Mix 2 parts bleach with one part water. Squeeze a half slice of lemon to the mixture. Put with Marvel Legend figure in a shake and bake bag. Let stand for 20 minutes and twirl like Mjolnir for about 3 minutes and voila !! Your Legend is spot clean !!

i tried that and it didnt work. you oh me a dragon man :D

(just kidding)

To best clean your figures, you'll first need to gather the following items:

3 fresh mint sprigs

2 tsp sugar

3 tbsp fresh lime juice

1 1/2 oz light rum

club soda

In a tall thin glass, crush part of the mint with a fork to coat the inside. Add the sugar and lime juice and stir thoroughly. Top with ice. Add rum and mix. Top off with *chilled* club soda (or seltzer). Add a lime slice and the remaining mint, and serve.

Drink about 3 of these, THEN start cleaning your figures...It's much more fun that way, although admittedly, the results may vary.

#US1#

i clean my figs for years now and i always do the same. a bole of not to hot water and a drip of shampoo. they come clean and good and it doesnt take that much time to do it. my romm is full of figs. count over 500 figs and statues and all. it takes me a week to clean it. @loll@

so water wont take off the paint right?

3 fresh mint sprigs

2 tsp sugar

3 tbsp fresh lime juice

1 1/2 oz light rum

club soda

In a tall thin glass, crush part of the mint with a fork to coat the inside. Add the sugar and lime juice and stir thoroughly. Top with ice. Add rum and mix. Top off with *chilled* club soda (or seltzer). Add a lime slice and the remaining mint, and serve.

Drink about 3 of these, THEN start cleaning your figures...It's much more fun that way, although admittedly, the results may vary.

When you're on, you are very on. @loll@

3 fresh mint sprigs

2 tsp sugar

3 tbsp fresh lime juice

1 1/2 oz light rum

club soda

When you're on, you are very on. @loll@

What he said. :)

As for cleaning figs, a slightly damp cloth will get rid of most dust, and then a small, soft bristled brush like a toothbrush will get into the joints.

Actually I have a similar question, how do you de-smellify your figures. I bought some loose figures from ebay and I guess the one guy was a cigar smoker, because they smell heavily of cigar smoke. I also have some that smell like beef stew mix for some reason.

It wouldn't be that bad but you can smell it when you walk past the shelf they are on.

I've tried leaving them in a bag with a car air freshener in for a few days, but that didn't help. They just smell like cigar and pine.

I guess the leason is don't buy loose figures in the first place.

Actually I have a similar question, how do you de-smellify your figures. I bought some loose figures from ebay and I guess the one guy was a cigar smoker, because they smell heavily of cigar smoke. I also have some that smell like beef stew mix for some reason.

It wouldn't be that bad but you can smell it when you walk past the shelf they are on.

I've tried leaving them in a bag with a car air freshener in for a few days, but that didn't help. They just smell like cigar and pine.

I guess the leason is don't buy loose figures in the first place.

To my knowledge, plastic is porous and actually absorbs odors to some degree. The only 'cure' for this that I'm aware of is simply to stop exposing them to it (which you've already done). Since the scent isn't part of the plastic (like MOTU Moss Man), it should actually disappear over time. Sadly, by 'time', I mean that it may take years. Just make sure there's plenty of fresh air (if you have them in a glass case, it'll probably take MUCH longer).

It's just like living with a smoker who quits. The smell can still linger in the house for quite a while, but it will eventually fade away.

To my knowledge, plastic is porous and actually absorbs odors to some degree. The only 'cure' for this that I'm aware of is simply to stop exposing them to it (which you've already done). Since the scent isn't part of the plastic (like MOTU Moss Man), it should actually disappear over time. Sadly, by 'time', I mean that it may take years. Just make sure there's plenty of fresh air (if you have them in a glass case, it'll probably take MUCH longer).

It's just like living with a smoker who quits. The smell can still linger in the house for quite a while, but it will eventually fade away.

Looks like my wife is going to get her way and they are moving to the garage. @grumpy@

I only wish they were as pine fresh as Mossman. I still have mine from when I was little. He's got permenant fuzz stuck to him though, that I don't think will come off unless you shave him or something.

.as for cleaning my figures: soap & water. Shampoo wont hurt, but a fragrance soap could help your smelly figure problem. I never liked most colognes as musk is too funky for me, but if you burn "flavored/ scented" candles in your play area that may help your figures. Or better yet, pick up some decent soap and/or sprays from a shp like Bath & Body Works and use those on your funky figs to alleviate the cigar smell. Like Demonsight says, since plastic seeps, you need to counteract the smells.

Good luck

You have a link for these synch? Sounds really interesting. I've been looking for something that matches that description.

I will try to dig one up if you search the ikea site for billy something should pop up try billy birch at least thats the color I prefer as its more "wood" like ... I'll snap some pics of my own in a bit here or tomorrow... I'm on a new digital camera though and have not quite figure out how to transfer the pics to the pc yet though for some reason its not just a simple usb plug in one :S grr!