The new skrull figure?..

synch

Is the new skrull suppose to be paibok or just some random new skrull from secret invasion?.. I ask because looking at the arms he has powers like that of paibok ... how ever several other skrulls seem to have those as well of late aside from the power skrull & SS

good cause i felt like kicking myself after ive spent 50 bucks for the super skrull from the fantastic four pack. i was like "damn i couldve waited for the hml skrull", but since you guys say hes an army builder figure then im back to normal. thanks guys!

That Skrull is still not a good representation of a regular Skrull because he is 7 ft tall ! Which means he dwarfs every normal character in the Marvel Universe except the Hulk, Juggernaut, HulkBuster IM, Colossus, Abomination, Sasquatch. Omega Red and so on and so forth. He is supposed to be as tall as a Kree soldier and not much bigger than Captain Marvel. He should measure no taller than 6 - 6 1/4 inches.

the head is new isn't it ?.. & yes the similar powers to the super skrull is what makes me think its paibok ... ah well I guess we will see during secret invasion what pops up

That Skrull is still not a good representation of a regular Skrull because he is 7 ft tall ! Which means he dwarfs every normal character in the Marvel Universe except the Hulk, Juggernaut, HulkBuster IM, Colossus, Abomination, Sasquatch. Omega Red and so on and so forth. He is supposed to be as tall as a Kree soldier and not much bigger than Captain Marvel. He should measure no taller than 6 - 6 1/4 inches.

You forget there's a War Skrulls that size.

You dont have to kick yourself. Yes, it is a straight exact repaint of SS but the thing arms are gray and not orange. They could have gotten away with just repainting the basic SS body and not the thing arms. They must have thrown them in as a gimmick. I too recently aquired the SS and I dont feel like I wasted my $$$. If Hasbro's intention was to make a normal skrull army builder they should have just repainted the skrull that came with the brood from the selects line.

with the secret wars its safe to say we can also throw everything we know about skrulls out the window too or pretty close

You dont have to kick yourself. Yes, it is a straight exact repaint of SS but the thing arms are gray and not orange. They could have gotten away with just repainting the basic SS body and not the thing arms. They must have thrown them in as a gimmick. I too recently aquired the SS and I dont feel like I wasted my $$. If Hasbro's intention was to make a normal skrull army builder they should have just repainted the skrull that came with the brood from the selects line.

nicely said.

You dont have to kick yourself. Yes, it is a straight exact repaint of SS but the thing arms are gray and not orange. They could have gotten away with just repainting the basic SS body and not the thing arms. They must have thrown them in as a gimmick. I too recently aquired the SS and I dont feel like I wasted my $. If Hasbro's intention was to make a normal skrull army builder they should have just repainted the skrull that came with the brood from the selects line.

nicely said. hey at least i didnt blow money on a absorbing man, cause the next hulk wave has him.

You dont have to kick yourself. Yes, it is a straight exact repaint of SS but the thing arms are gray and not orange. They could have gotten away with just repainting the basic SS body and not the thing arms. They must have thrown them in as a gimmick. I too recently aquired the SS and I dont feel like I wasted my $. If Hasbro's intention was to make a normal skrull army builder they should have just repainted the skrull that came with the brood from the selects line.

nicely said. hey at least i didnt blow money on a absorbing man, cause the next hulk wave has him.

Well, if that's your comparison, then you did blow your money. The Absorbing Man in the HUlk LEgends is nothing like the old HC one. TOtally new sculpt. The SuperSkrull is repaint. Still not sure why the SuperSkrull is the "soldier" now. Weren't the regular skrull soldiers much smaller.

No big deal either way. I say kick yourself only if you enjoy that sort of thing. Who knows, maybe they will tie in the weird gray rock/blue flame thing with Secret Invasion.

I just want to make sure they give us the new SuperSkrull with the X powers. PLease, please, please!!!!

GEEK

Well, if that's your comparison, then you did blow your money. The Absorbing Man in the HUlk LEgends is nothing like the old HC one. TOtally new sculpt. The SuperSkrull is repaint. Still not sure why the SuperSkrull is the "soldier" now. Weren't the regular skrull soldiers much smaller.

No big deal either way. I say kick yourself only if you enjoy that sort of thing. Who knows, maybe they will tie in the weird gray rock/blue flame thing with Secret Invasion.

I just want to make sure they give us the new SuperSkrull with the X powers. PLease, please, please!!!!

GEEK

In my mind the run of the mill Skrulls are smaller than SS, however, you could use them as Warskrulls. Which if memory serves, are pretty big.

Yes, I had Mr. Creel from the Hulk line on my radar to get. When I heard he was going to be in this new line I didnt bother to get the old one. The old one looks better but the new one isnt all that bad. Now all we need is Titania :).

with the secret wars its safe to say we can also throw everything we know about skrulls out the window too or pretty close

I dont acknowledge anything Bendis writes so nothing about the Skrulls will change as far as Im concerned. He may think he can change whatever he wants about previous Marvel history but he cant change what has already been printed.

As long as they were reusing molds, they would have better off using a "normal" body like DareDevil or Black Panther and putting SuperSkrulls oversized head on it, to give it that goofy bigheaded skrull soldier look.

Meh. Whatever. Just get one set, call the Kree Captain Marvel, call the Skrull Paibok and be done with it.

I'm seriously tempted to buy up about 10 of these packs just to paint up all the variations of Kree Soldiers. Since that will leave me with plenty of Skrulls and I don't have Super-Skrull yet, I figure I'll paint one of them up to be him while I'm at it.

Of course, my luck says that as soon as I customize all those Kree, Hasbro will make some sort of online only box set, or Diamond will strike up a deal for it, or something... and I'll be out twice the price (at least) and a lot of hours spent painting.

Regardless though, there is something to be said for having that 'bag of Skittles' look to your Kree army. :)