Marvel Girl reversed double variant

Were there actually only 500 of these produced or were there more than that? What are they valued at? I've seen one hit as high as $104 on Ebay recently. Do you think they'll gain value in the coming months? I'm curious b/c I do have one but I'm not sure if I should sell it now or just wait. My wife and I are expecting our first child in October and I'm trying to put some money away so I've been selling some of my more valuable figures(like my JoeCon Rowdy Roddy Piper that fetched a whopping $400!). Thoughts?

When these were first found and posted on EBAY, they were fetching several hundred between 200.00 - 400.00,

I talked with a member on this board who paid 400.00 for one.

but the market got swamped and prices dropped down to 60.00 - 120.00

I was lucky to get one at retail, but I would of dropped a 100.00 for one.

I believe the rumors , that there are only 500 of them made.

like everything eles, its only worth what people are willing to pay.

MaiaBlackCat_2.jpg

When these were first found and posted on EBAY, they were fetching several hundred between 200.00 - 400.00,

I talked with a member on this board who paid 400.00 for one.

but the market got swamped and prices dropped down to 60.00 - 120.00

I was lucky to get one at retail, but I would of dropped a 100.00 for one.

like everything eles, its only worth what people are willing to pay.

MaiaBlackCat_2.jpg

Yikes! $400! I wish I would've had one at that time. lol Still, $100 isn't bad but they seem to be steadily increasing as of late. Thanks for the response!

they dropped alot. I blame Hasbro for having suck a lull in their product and allowing people to lose interest.

I would say that the feeding frenzy is long over for these.... sell it.

people are starting to realize that they would be better off trying to turn their Hasbro figures back into oil.

like everything else, its only worth what people are willing to pay.

Indeed. There may well be 500, but I think about 450 of them are being constantly bought and re-sold on eBay. A collector's item isn't really all that impressive if everyone's selling theirs at the same place, creating a steady flow.

I'd buy one at cost for my mosc collection :) & it was not a rumor that they were limited to 500 that is what hasbro said so it was a fact untill they either screwed up and put out too many or whatever the heck happened ... Heck for all we know there could still be only 500 of them out there its not like anyone has set up a webpage to do a count or anything... I am thinking hasbro waited too long and then had to dump them all in the last of there cases which is why every started finding them

My opinion?

They're worth $9.99 + tax.

Packaging variants are the worst kind of scam.

#US1#

youre right. thats why i dont think ultimate iron man or dr. doom have variants, since theyre the same figure inside. the only reall difference is you can examine the paint better.

My opinion?

While I agree with the actual price it is worth - I don't want to call it a dirty scam. If collectors REALLY want to spend extra money on a slight packaging variant it is their own prerogative (or stupidity - whichever way you want to look at it.)

My opinion?

#US1#

Yeah I agree just like with HML FF Wave Doom and Wave 1 Ultimate Iron Man. If you are going to make a variant make it don't just change the packaging, that really angers me.