Brendan Fraser to be in gijoe moive,

RedKat

just saw this on hisstank.

http://www.newsarama.com/nycomiccon2008/vi...ndanfraser.html

from the way hes talking, sounds like hes a Dreadnok

You've got to be f***ing kidding me...

Sigh...why does this just keep getting worse and worse like a bad nightmare?

I've had such high hopes for this movie up until the last week or so.

just saw this on hisstank.

http://www.newsarama.com/nycomiccon2008/vi...ndanfraser.html

from the way hes talking, sounds like hes a Dreadnok

You've got to be f***ing kidding me...

Sigh...why does this just keep getting worse and worse like a bad nightmare?

I've had such high hopes for this movie up until the last week or so.

yo it might be better then you think.

He's rumored for Gung Ho. Sorry this is a couple weeks old news.

cant see him as gun-ho. hell cant see rock as shipwrek

Wait...what?

The Rock as Shipwreck?

Did the people in charge of casting this movie know anything about GI Joe?

Next announcement:

Paris Hilton as Lady Jaye

Tom Green as Roadblock

Vern Troyer as Tomax

Shaquille O'neal as Zamot

This has got to be a joke...Fraser is one of the leading morons in hollywood. Last I checked gijoe was supposed to be doofuss free...ie 'America's ELITE'

Explain Bazooka to me.

I mean, I like the guy, he's never made sense to me. The Joes are a little too advanced to employ him just to carry a big gun, but he's not advanced enough to be good for anything else.

To be fair, Bazooka was only a doofus in the cartoon. He was competent in the Marvel series. Can't say what he was like in the DD run because I gave up on that drek before Bazooka showed up.

Next announcement:

Tom Green as Roadblock

Vern Troyer as Tomax

That actually sounds like a good direct-to-video movie.

I'D BUY IT! @hmmm@

He's rumored for Gung Ho. Sorry this is a couple weeks old news.

cant see him as gun-ho. hell cant see rock as shipwrek

Wait...what?

The Rock as Shipwreck?

Did the people in charge of casting this movie know anything about GI Joe?

yo as far as i know he didnt take it, i still cant see rock as any joe.

This has got to be a joke...Fraser is one of the leading morons in hollywood. Last I checked gijoe was supposed to be doofuss free...ie 'America's ELITE'

I was going to say "how can any movie with a Wayans brother in it be doodus free?", but then I remember he was in Requiem for a Dream and gave a good dramatic performance.

Next announcement:

Tom Green as Roadblock

Vern Troyer as Tomax

That actually sounds like a good direct-to-video movie.

I'D BUY IT! @hmmm@

I'm pretty sure you'd buy just about anything with a Joe logo slapped on it 'to help support the line.'

I'm not so sure about this. There have been so many movies based on stuff from the 70's and 80's, and they've been so varied that it's hard to tell what this will end up like. Could it be like Transformers, and turn out to be a viable blockbuster that I think still did a decent job of capturing the essence of the original property? Or could it be like Dukes of Hazzard and turn out to be a bunch of slap stick with stupid teenager type jokes, that really have very little to do with the original. At this point, I think it could go either way. I'm going to try and use the 'wait and see' approach. I don't want to judge it just yet. Maybe they can pull this off. Maybe.

A shaved head and moustache can do wonders. Not sure how fit he is but he could have bulked up for the part too. You never know...

True. I had my doubts about Downey when I heard he was Tony Stark... but at this point I can't imagine anyone else in the role. Many people had issues with Keaton and Nicholson in Burton's first Batman. An actor being committed to their role can do wonders for how well it turns out.

If nothing else, Fraser already has an impressive height going for him, so if he has enough muscle and throws himself into it, Gung-Ho could be pretty impressive.

That's actually why so many people were against Wayans playing Ripcord.