What do you do with your figures and/or collection?

Heathtown

Hey all,

Last night, I was digging through some of my Spy Troops figures (have to say, even with the uneven torsos and such, good stuff). And I was thinking about how I've amassed quite a few figures over the years. And although I've enjoyed the collecting (and the minor hunting) over the years. I think my collection hasn't been displayed or given enough attention.

So, lately I've wondered (although space is pretty limited) how to make the most of the collection?

Right now, most of the figures are opened (but in boxes), and so I've been wondering what are some ways to display the figures and to a lesser degree, the figures?

I guess I'm fishing for ideas on how you folks display your bounty of Joe stuff (even if space may be an issue).

And I, just like many of you love army building. Are there any of you that display your army builds in an interesting manner?

Heathtown

Hey all,

Last night, I was digging through some of my Spy Troops figures (have to say, even with the uneven torsos and such, good stuff). And I was thinking about how I've amassed quite a few figures over the years. And although I've enjoyed the collecting (and the minor hunting) over the years. I think my collection hasn't been displayed or given enough attention.

So, lately I've wondered (although space is pretty limited) how to make the most of the collection?

Right now, most of the opened but in boxes, and have been wondering what are some ways to display the figures and to a lesser degree, the figures?

I guess I'm fishing for ideas on how you folks display your bounty of Joe stuff (even if space may be an issue).

And I, just like many of you love army building. Are there any of you that display your army builds in an interesting manner?

Heathtown

Well, you could check out this thread for photos if you want ideas.

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2028363

Mine is going to change soon though, as I am running out of room where I currently have them.

I would ideally like to set up some sort of Dio scene, given that I could make it work. Some sort of a large scale battle scene where I could implement all of the army builders.

You could also check out this guys site:

www.violentfix.com/cobra

He does very well done Dio-stories and if you search around the site you may get some ideas for yourself.

I played with them.

Now, I live in a tiny apartment, so all my vehicles (ok most) are stored at my mom's place.

I also collect TFs and, at the moment, I'm focusing on "playing" with them (hey, gotta see how they transform and stuff lol; take a look at the TF board). I've got all my Joes in, I think, 4 boxes that I need to sort and see who I've got and who I need.

As for "current" stuff (like 25th) its all still MOC. Just don't have the room yet.

But I got a camara, so I'm thinking of doing dios maybe.

I have tons of Misb stuff safely stored away in boxes. Im happy knowing their there and in 20 years they'll be worth something. As for the loose stuff I simply have to much to display all at once. So I usually rotate my collection. Currently I have all the 25th on one shelf and My Rah Cobra trooper army on the second shelf. All the carded 25th stuff is on the door to the closet.Someday Ill have a Dream Joe room.

Right now, I only have the 25th stuff on display. I have little 2 shelf case with glass doors that currently houses the (all loose). The upper shelf holds the Joes & the lower one holds the Cobra forces. The Cobra figs are grouped together in sections with CC, IG Destro, & Serpentor up front & in the center behind the Cobra symbol that came with the Cobra Legions pack. The original Joes that I have are in the center with the rest of them lined up on either side. They are also behind the Joe symbol that came with the boxed set. I have to change this once the next wave of figs hit and I can get the vehicles that are out now. All of my RAH, Spy Troops, VVV, and Sigma stuff are all boxed up until I can get some book shelves to display them on.

I had most of mine setup, but between my PITA cat and the earthquake last week, the are all on their sides. @lol@

That eartquake sucks dude. Sorry it happend to you guys.

BTW: What's a PITA cat? :huh:

Hmm...some interesting ideas so far. What I'm finding funny is that as I'm digging out some of the figures (mostly the newer stuff), I'm finding things that I forgot that I even had.

Like say, the Shadow CG's. But I can only imagine what I'll find once I hit the older stuff. :)

I make foamboard containers and keep my figures in those. The only Joes I display are the new ones that I have not gotten around to puttian away. I'd like to display it all but I'd need a small house just for my Joes.