Is it me, or..?

Lemonhead

i love them too. i never said they are horrible. all i am saying that toybiz did a better job with the hand ninja. i prefer it. for me, it looked more like a ninja then the one hasbro did. i will even get the hand ninja if i can get one but i prefer the toybiz sculpt. see in my eyes ninjas had thight clothing and not those big (i dont know what it is called) jackets or suits. i said the TOYBIZ SCULPT not toybiz itself ok. not that the next post it goes: you love toybiz and you are a hasbro hater and you cant go on with your live because of that. i love hasbro and there figures now. i hate there distribution way but the figs are getting better in time. i think everyone noticed that :D:D:D

Not sure they look all that different, and I know a few ninjas and they all wear kind of loose clothes. I think tight clothes ninjas are born of the video game age or TMNT.

There are still pics of the proto type ToyBiz ones out there. I think I like the Hasbro one better. Though, a real sculpt on Ronin would have been cool, I agree. I had a pic, but I can't get it upload, and don't have time to figure out why.

GEEK

i grew up with the turtles and i guess you are right in a way with that but i didnt liked them too thight. you see the turtle foot ninjas have realy thight near to skin costumes. i actualy prefer the ninjas like stormshadow or the ninjas in batman begins. you see the hand ninjas (lets call it robe) robe is too big for my point of view. it fits great with ronin but not too much with the hand ninja for my taste. i checked the toybiz mold and i prefer the look of it , he has for a ninja. now all this is just an opinion of tastes. everyone has another taste and thats great of course. :D i could see that ronin can take off his robe. maybe the hand ninja can do the same and i am realy curious how he looks under his robe.

yeah i thought you where saying it to proove that hasbro is better and that we are complaining and all wich isnt what i intended to do.

Nah, when it comes to repaints, we've gotten our fair share of gold and turds from both companies.

i think i am always a bit pissed about the spidey wave that for wave 3 there are once again all figures that i have and nothing new again.

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed about that myself... but they say they need more time, and after seeing what more time has done for the rest of the year's product, I'm willing to cut a little slack.

yeah i thought you where saying it to proove that hasbro is better and that we are complaining and all wich isnt what i intended to do.

Nah, when it comes to repaints, we've gotten our fair share of gold and turds from both companies.

i think i am always a bit pissed about the spidey wave that for wave 3 there are once again all figures that i have and nothing new again.

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed about that myself... but they say they need more time, and after seeing what more time has done for the rest of the year's product, I'm willing to cut a little slack.

there you are macking a big point in my corner :P

i grew up with the turtles and i guess you are right in a way with that but i didnt liked them too thight. you see the turtle foot ninjas have realy thight near to skin costumes. i actualy prefer the ninjas like stormshadow or the ninjas in batman begins. you see the hand ninjas (lets call it robe) robe is too big for my point of view. it fits great with ronin but not too much with the hand ninja for my taste. i checked the toybiz mold and i prefer the look of it , he has for a ninja. now all this is just an opinion of tastes. everyone has another taste and thats great of course. :D i could see that ronin can take off his robe. maybe the hand ninja can do the same and i am realy curious how he looks under his robe.

Yeah, it it wasn't really a negative, just an observation. I grew up with the ninjas in the old 70's exploitation flicks. Truth is, I wish they would put them both out so we have some variation. The real truth is I wish they'd put out the other ones. Hellfire Club flunky, AIM agent, Actual Doombot.

Heck a box set with one each would satiate my thug lust. Yikes!! That sounds horrific.

GEEK

to the original poster, um ya its fairly(painfully) obvious, i don't see the reason to have a whole post on it though, itll just start up into a hasbro bitchfest

Did anyone else notice that the Hand Ninja and Ronin figures are identical, just with different heads and paint jobs?

Yes. Yes, in fact I did. Hasbro loves to pimp them out some ninja repaints. If the 25th ann. G.I. Joe collection is any indication we should see at least 8 more slight variations on the Hand ninja outfits.

No one even mentioned that the coveted Juggernaut from TB is a modded Hulk base? Even down to the busted zipper!!!

yeah but the juggernaut was a hulk remold anyway.

No he's not. ML 6 Juggernaut is NOT based on any previous Hulk figure from TOY-BIZ. At that time, the only LEGENDS Hulk figure was ML 1.

You're welcome.

#US1#

No one even mentioned that the coveted Juggernaut from TB is a modded Hulk base? Even down to the busted zipper!!!

No he's not. ML 6 Juggernaut is NOT based on any previous Hulk figure from TOY-BIZ. At that time, the only LEGENDS Hulk figure was ML 1.

You're welcome.

#US1#

actually he was base on the raging hulk from hulk classics. the one that came with bruce banner.

You're welcome.

#US1#

actually he was base on the raging hulk from hulk classics. the one that came with bruce banner.

Oh, you mean the one that came out AFTER ML 6?

So...In other words...That Hulk was based on the Juggernaut?? NOT the other way around?

#US1#

You're welcome.

#US1#

So...In other words...That Hulk was based on the Juggernaut?? NOT the other way around?

#US1#

no it came out before hand. keep up.

You're welcome.

#US1#

#US1#

no it came out before hand. keep up.

Bzzzzzzzzzzz!!! So sorry! Wrong again! (But you're probably used to it)

In fact, none of the Hulk Figures from the Hulk Classics line is even close to Juggie's body. They all have torso cuts; he doesn't. In addition, in case you didn't notice, his arms hang down practically to his feet. And let's talk about those feet, shall we? They're not even remotely similar.

I can't "keep up" with you 'cause I'm already miles ahead. It's that "experience" thing again...Gotta' do your homework.

@smilepunch@

DSCN0513__scaled_600.jpg

DSCN0327__scaled_600.jpg

They definitely have similar parts... but I dunno if they actually share them, or if it's enough to rightfully say one is 'based on' the other.

And according to the database, both figures were released in 2004, which makes it pretty hard to determine which came 'first'. I seem to recall a while back a lot of people complained that the SMC Toxin was based on the previous wave's Venom, but I spoke to the sculptor and he claims he sculpted a Toxin that TB turned into a Venom, and for some reason Venom simply made it out first.

DSCN0513__scaled_600.jpg

DSCN0327__scaled_600.jpg

They definitely have similar parts... but I dunno if they actually share them, or if it's enough to rightfully say one is 'based on' the other.

And according to the database, both figures were released in 2004, which makes it pretty hard to determine which came 'first'. I seem to recall a while back a lot of people complained that the SMC Toxin was based on the previous wave's Venom, but I spoke to the sculptor and he claims he sculpted a Toxin that TB turned into a Venom, and for some reason Venom simply made it out first.

Nicely done. BTW...The torso is totally different.

Now...About those T-Shirt profits...We must talk.

#US1#