Is it me, or..?

Lemonhead

Did anyone else notice that the Hand Ninja and Ronin figures are identical, just with different heads and paint jobs?

what would you expect? the great sculpt toybiz did? no way man. repaints is a must @loll@

I see what you're saying. Only it conflicts with my new programming.

HASBRO is great.

HASBRO is not behind schedule with the Nemesis Wave.

HASBRO is great.

HASBRO is not re-evaluating their marketing plan for LEGENDS.

HASBRO is great.

The SHIELD Agents are not simple repaints of the Face-Offs Punisher.

HASBRO is great.

I love HASBRO.

Did anyone else notice that the Hand Ninja and Ronin figures are identical, just with different heads and paint jobs?

what would you expect? the great sculpt toybiz did? no way man. repaints is a must @loll@

They were before Hasbro too.

Magneto is Iron Man in a diaper, for pete's sake.

Wonder Man, Sentry, Captain Britain, and Black Panther all have the same base body.

I haven't stood them next to each other to check, but I'm pretty sure that Deadpool, Angel, and Iron Fist have the same body (and probably a few others have it as well).

Jigsaw and Dracula are Professor X. Frankenstein's Monster is Absorbing Man. Baron Strucker is Red Skull.

So yeah, a lot of people have noticed that Hand Ninja and Ronin are the same mold. It's just that no one cares because mold reuse is nothing new to ML, and most people think they both look pretty darn good.

Wonder Man, Sentry, Captain Britain, and Black Panther all have the same base body.

I haven't stood them next to each other to check, but I'm pretty sure that Deadpool, Angel, and Iron Fist have the same body (and probably a few others have it as well).

Jigsaw and Dracula are Professor X. Frankenstein's Monster is Absorbing Man. Baron Strucker is Red Skull.

So yeah, a lot of people have noticed that Hand Ninja and Ronin are the same mold. It's just that no one cares because mold reuse is nothing new to ML, and most people think they both look pretty darn good.

DID I say they looked bad?? DID I say it's a bad thing?? OR did I merely ask if anyone noticed???

Hmmmmmmm???????

@hmmm@

I would think that you'd have to expect Hasbro, Mattel, Toybiz, whoever, to reuse parts, molds, etc. The company makes more off of what they sunk into the tooling in the first place. Remember the original He-Man? How many body molds did those figures have? Maybe two different ones total?

I noticed they use the same body. And I'm perfectly happy with it, I'm going to get at least 5 Hand Ninja. I'm gonna have to find someone to take some shield agents off my hands at some point.

I was looking at that too when they first came out how ever I thought that the robe detail was slightly different I was not sure though... & yes I don't mind either most of toybiz ML were like this with slight remolds & such when needed or a new head

not only is the Hand and Ronin Figure the same but

The Shield Agent is the FA Punisher Base

The Kree, Black Spider-man, Union Jack, Nova, Forge

Silver Surfer is just the FFML one with nes add ons

Black Wolverine, Skrull and all The Spidey line are a repaint

does anyone care? No. okay then.

i love them too. i never said they are horrible. all i am saying that toybiz did a better job with the hand ninja. i prefer it. for me, it looked more like a ninja then the one hasbro did. i will even get the hand ninja if i can get one but i prefer the toybiz sculpt. see in my eyes ninjas had thight clothing and not those big (i dont know what it is called) jackets or suits. i said the TOYBIZ SCULPT not toybiz itself ok. not that the next post it goes: you love toybiz and you are a hasbro hater and you cant go on with your live because of that. i love hasbro and there figures now. i hate there distribution way but the figs are getting better in time. i think everyone noticed that :D:D:D

This is fun!

Nick Fury and Cyclops are Namor;

Scarlet Witch is Mystique;

Deadpool is Daredevil;

Omega Red and box-set Venom are Sabretooth;

Rogue and Black Cat are Elektra;

Series 5 Red Skull is movie Daredevil;

Ms. Marvel is Phoenix;

and most impressively, Bullseye is Taskmaster, Moon Knight, Havok and Captain Marvel (as well as HML Quicksilver)

not only is the Hand and Ronin Figure the same but

The Shield Agent is the FA Punisher Base

The Kree, Black Spider-man, Union Jack, Nova, Forge

Silver Surfer is just the FFML one with nes add ons

Black Wolverine, Skrull and all The Spidey line are a repaint

does anyone care? No. okay then.

I care. Deeply. That's why I asked the question.

#US1#

Yeah, the shin guards tipped me off (though the clothes overall were pretty similar at first). Anyhow, they do a fine job with resuing Joe parts, and this looks like more of the same! Nonetheless, I'm still thinking about getting only one of them...but we'll see. I want Ronin, but I'm not keen on Elektra. The Hand Ninja comes with some Sheild guys, which is cool, but my interest in them is pretty similar. With the Ronin and Ninja came together! That, and I was hoping that the Ninja would be black! Ah well, red is good enough.

Anyhow, I'll probably end up with the Hand Ninja, as the Sheild agent can be used for other things, whereas I dunno what to do with Elektra other than pawn her off on someone else.

I have no problem with repaints as long as we're getting a new character and one that is reasonably comic accurate. I do hate when crappy molds get re-used though, like that recent Domino figure that re-used the Rogue body that lacked hip joint range of motion. And of course that Mystique and Scarlet Witch body. Crapola.

I have no problem with repaints as long as we're getting a new character and one that is reasonably comic accurate. I do hate when crappy molds get re-used though, like that recent Domino figure that re-used the Rogue body that lacked hip joint range of motion. And of course that Mystique and Scarlet Witch body. Crapola.

Yeah, everyone is guilty of that! There were plenty of G.I. Joes that got way more use than they should have. And heck, I'm amazed at the molds that keep popping up from Toybiz after Hasbro took over. I mean, it's Toybiz's heritage to reuse molds, but I figured Hasbro would be making more new ones than they have. Granted, it works out sometimes, since I have managed to get ahold of some Toybiz gold that I had missed previously, but they are also still reusing some crap that I'd like to stop seeing. *sigh* and I'm mostly lookin' at the Spider-Man lines...

Yeah, everyone is guilty of that! There were plenty of G.I. Joes that got way more use than they should have. And heck, I'm amazed at the molds that keep popping up from Toybiz after Hasbro took over. I mean, it's Toybiz's heritage to reuse molds, but I figured Hasbro would be making more new ones than they have. Granted, it works out sometimes, since I have managed to get ahold of some Toybiz gold that I had missed previously, but they are also still reusing some crap that I'd like to stop seeing. *sigh* and I'm mostly lookin' at the Spider-Man lines...

yeah but when they do use new sculpt we moan and #$#@# that it not good enough.

Yeah, I think we all pretty much noticed but I guess we either don't mind or are pretty happy with the product regardless, like the others said it has been done before and I'm sure it will be done again. Although they don't look comic accurate with the shin guards and stuff they're still pretty good, some people won't like them becuase they're repaints but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

i love them too. i never said they are horrible. all i am saying that toybiz did a better job with the hand ninja. i prefer it. for me, it looked more like a ninja then the one hasbro did. i will even get the hand ninja if i can get one but i prefer the toybiz sculpt. see in my eyes ninjas had thight clothing and not those big (i dont know what it is called) jackets or suits. i said the TOYBIZ SCULPT not toybiz itself ok. not that the next post it goes: you love toybiz and you are a hasbro hater and you cant go on with your live because of that. i love hasbro and there figures now. i hate there distribution way but the figs are getting better in time. i think everyone noticed that :D:D:D

Not sure they look all that different, and I know a few ninjas and they all wear kind of loose clothes. I think tight clothes ninjas are born of the video game age or TMNT.

There are still pics of the proto type ToyBiz ones out there. I think I like the Hasbro one better. Though, a real sculpt on Ronin would have been cool, I agree. I had a pic, but I can't get it upload, and don't have time to figure out why.

GEEK

DID I say they looked bad?? DID I say it's a bad thing?? OR did I merely ask if anyone noticed???

Hmmmmmmm???????

@hmmm@

Yes, you just asked. And I just answered, giving evidence to clarify what I meant. There is nothing negative in said answer (aside from frustration over Magneto, which has nothing to do with you).

You're reading a tone into my reply that is not actually there... or at least, not intended. Just because I reply to you doesn't mean I'm trying to argue with you.

You're reading quite a bit into what I said as well. Should I have plastered it with smileys or something to make it less offensive?

You commented that "repaints is [sic] a must". I observed that they have been a fact of life since the beginning of the line. In no way does what I said contradict you... if anything, it proves your statement.

You're half right- literally. Series 5 Skull is movie DD only from the waist down. His upper torso is movie Professor X with a rubber jacket over it. :)

iron fist is sooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more different to angels body.entirely new sculpt,or just had some major major reworking.

Well, in all fairness, I fully admitted I hadn't done a close comparison. They are very similar molds, but you're right- there are so many different details between the two that even if it is an overhaul, it may as well be considered new.

Hmmmmmmm???????

@hmmm@

Yes, you just asked. And I just answered, giving evidence to clarify what I meant. There is nothing negative in said answer (aside from frustration over Magneto, which has nothing to do with you).

You're reading a tone into my reply that is not actually there... or at least, not intended. Just because I reply to you doesn't mean I'm trying to argue with you.

You're reading quite a bit into what I said as well. Should I have plastered it with smileys or something to make it less offensive?

You commented that "repaints is [sic] a must". I observed that they have been a fact of life since the beginning of the line. In no way does what I said contradict you... if anything, it proves your statement.

You're half right- literally. Series 5 Skull is movie DD only from the waist down. His upper torso is movie Professor X with a rubber jacket over it. :)

iron fist is sooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more different to angels body.entirely new sculpt,or just had some major major reworking.

Well, in all fairness, I fully admitted I hadn't done a close comparison. They are very similar molds, but you're right- there are so many different details between the two that even if it is an overhaul, it may as well be considered new.

yeah i thought you where saying it to proove that hasbro is better and that we are complaining and all wich isnt what i intended to do. you know all the threads that are going around :D . i guess i took it a bit personaly. sorry for that #party# . i think i am always a bit pissed about the spidey wave that for wave 3 there are once again all figures that i have and nothing new again.

Well, the Hand Ninja that was done for the ML13 line didn't have that much articulation and was smaller than 6 inches, mainly because he was an extra figure for Lady Deathstrike and not because he is asian. LOL

I can see them tryin to make the TB one bigger and give him more articulation, but it would cost more than retooling a Ronin fig.