Defiant Space Shuttle MIB

DarthJoe

Was browsing ebay today, and spotted this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=250237476674

If I had the kind of cash flow necessary to make a purchase like this, I'd bid on it, and if I won it, I'd open this sucker up and put it together. @lol@

The deffiant would indeed be cool to have. But in a box for over $2000.00 thus far?

I just don't understand MIB collectors.

I have never wanted a toy so bad that I could justify 1/10 of that price.

The deffiant would indeed be cool to have. But in a box for over $2000.00 thus far?

I just don't understand MIB collectors.

I have never wanted a toy so bad that I could justify 1/10 of that price.

Well, I guess if you have more money than you know what to do with, you could justify it pretty easy. @lol@

That is pretty awsome but the it is a costly. It is an awsome playset. I picked mine up back in the day though. It does look pretty cool set up. Crazy to just be able to look at the box and never see what it looks like put together.

Of the big three, this is my least favorite. Never really understood the appeal to a space shuttle...Now the USS Flagg, a different story.

What is the third of the Big Three? Besides the Flagg and Defiant. Everything else was smaller than those two.

Of the big three, this is my least favorite. Never really understood the appeal to a space shuttle...Now the USS Flagg, a different story.

What is the third of the Big Three? Besides the Flagg and Defiant. Everything else was smaller than those two.

I was trying to figure out the same thing.

I'm guessing he's either talking about the Mobile Command Center (that was a pretty big playset), or the Terrordrome (if he's talking about big, as in popular).

I'm guessing he's either talking about the Mobile Command Center (that was a pretty big playset), or the Terrordrome (if he's talking about big, as in popular).

TerrorDrome, Flagg, & Defiant.....three most popular and I think expensive of the GI Joe playsets.

TerrorDrome, Flagg, & Defiant.....three most popular and I think expensive of the GI Joe playsets.

Bellomo wrote that the three "Holy Grails" were the Flagg, Defiant and Cobra Missile HQ. Not that I'm agreeing with him on that, but there's an alternate view out there I guess!

So far the bidding seems a bit excessive considering it's not actually MISB, but GI Joe collecting is at a high right now, so it's not surprising.

So far the bidding seems a bit excessive considering it's not actually MISB, but GI Joe collecting is at a high right now, so it's not surprising.

Tell me about it.I sold a 1984 Zartan unused in the box for 250 and the crusader unopened for 260 not including shipping.I think I paid 160 for Zartan and 160 for the Shuttle.What I found funny was that every kid I know said the USS flag can float.After looking a some of the Flaggs on Ebay,that is not possible.I remember the shuttle complex being $125 at retail when I saw it at TRU.At the time that was the most expensive playset.I remeber the Flagg being 79.99 at Kmart.The Terrordrome was about 60 I think.

I wonder how much more it would go for if they would ship it internationally. Once again, sticking it to our friends in Canada. And other countries. Hell it should be cheap for them now, what with how the dollar's doing.

I wouldn't say necessarily sticking it to Canada.

I don't ship to Canada or international when I sell on ebay for 3 reasons:

1 - Calculating shipping costs.

2 - When you're selling a lot of items at once, if they all sell to international buyers, it'd be a pain in the ass to fill out a bunch of custom forms at the PO. Even having

to fill out 1 or 2 is a pain in the ass.

3 - Shipping takes forever, and many times buyers don't understand why it's taking them 2-3 weeks to get their items, and start bugging you thinking you're a

dead-beat seller.

It's just easier to say you only ship to the US and avoid all of the hassle.

I actually own TWO Terror Dromes now. I never had the Flagg, but was thinking of getting it piece-meal off ebay.

The Defiant, my brother and I got it for Christmas back in like 87 88. It wasn't as much fun as we thought, but that coulda been in part to getting out of Joe by then too. I still have the shuttle and space station parts (I'd guess at 85%), but the gantry fell apart way too easily. It was too heavy for the wheels.

I wonder how much more it would go for if they would ship it internationally. Once again, sticking it to our friends in Canada. And other countries. Hell it should be cheap for them now, what with how the dollar's doing.

2 - When you're selling a lot of items at once, if they all sell to international buyers, it'd be a pain in the ass to fill out a bunch of custom forms at the PO. Even having

3 - Shipping takes forever, and many times buyers don't understand why it's taking them 2-3 weeks to get their items, and start bugging you thinking you're a

dead-beat seller.

Easier maybe, but with any big ticket item like this you could easily stand to make another $500-1000. People looking to buy something like that know what they're getting into, so as long as the auction description is upfront about exact shipping for international customers, they can't complain. You'd be losing out on a lot of potential profit ESPECIALLY now that the US dollar has dropped significantly against the Canadian dollar and Euro - these customers are actually saving a lot of money, especially on expensive items.

So if another $1000 isn't worth filling out a customs form, well, good for you, but even if I were a millionaire I think I'd go to the extra trouble.

I agree with what DPrime said. Not sure why sellers unloading large items like a Defiant or Flagg always limit themselves to US buyers. There are many many guys overseas who also wish to own these beauties, and I believe if they allow international bidders their auctions will close far higher.

Though I agree that the Flagg is awesome (and who wouldn't), it's problem is also it's appeal. Namely it's size. Most people have no where to put something that big, and I see no point in owning one only to have it disassembled in a box.

However, if you do have a place to put it, more power to you.

Don't get me wrong; if I ever got my hands on one, I'd make room to display it.

I never cared for the Defiant.... my joes weren't interested in space

Hillarious!

dead-beat seller.

Easier maybe, but with any big ticket item like this you could easily stand to make another $500-1000. People looking to buy something like that know what they're getting into, so as long as the auction description is upfront about exact shipping for international customers, they can't complain. You'd be losing out on a lot of potential profit ESPECIALLY now that the US dollar has dropped significantly against the Canadian dollar and Euro - these customers are actually saving a lot of money, especially on expensive items.

So if another $1000 isn't worth filling out a customs form, well, good for you, but even if I were a millionaire I think I'd go to the extra trouble.

Oh, I agree on something like this, but generally, it's not worth the hassle.

I always thought of the Flagg and Defiant as the Big Two and the Terror Drome and Mobile Command Center as the next Big Two. I think Of them that way mostlt because when they first came out the Flagg/Defiant were around $100 and The Terror Drome/MCC were around $50. Different sizes and prices.

Going by popularity and todays price then I can see the Terror Drome being higher than the MCC and be up there with the other two.

Did anybody notice that this item was removed from ebay and not sold at all. I was just checking because I was curious what it sold for.

Wow. That's strange.

When I posted this topic, it had like a day or so left.

Wonder why they pulled it?