marvel legends still done?

shokker

i dont know but for me it kind of looks that way. see last year a lot of peaple said that the fantastic four and spider-man waves where just sideline waves and not the actual marvel legends line. so i am thinking, so there is no marvel legends wave that actualy comes to a comicshop anywhere since they are all exclusives. is that the brighter future? 2 waves for marvel legends and they are exclusive? well it sounds pretty over to me.

dont get me wrong but the hulk waves and 2-packs are great but those are not actual marvel legends waves no?

i am just curious how other peaple think about that?

I'm guessing they made the 2 waves exclusives because the hulk waves are going to be the main thing this year and they didn't want basically 4 waves on the shelves by december

I want you to think about this some more:

How could a toy-line supposedly on its way out..........about to be "done" as you put it, gain the support for exclusive waves from not one, but two major retailers, and potentially a third before the year is out?

Would the logic not follow that if the line was a loser on the shelves that retailers would abandon it, and not elect to not only continue the main lines, but ask for exclusive lines for themselves to carry alongside?

The retailers obviously want more product, the brand WILL continue on in the main line as well as in sub-lines.

How can that portent doom for it???

Its pretty clear that Marvel Legends is far from being cancelled, and never was very close at all to that kind of fate.

I'm guessing they made the 2 waves exclusives because the hulk waves are going to be the main thing this year and they didn't want basically 4 waves on the shelves by december

i realy hoped that ironman would win with figures this year. they could have done a ironman comic wave instead of 2 hulk waves and split the fff in it. for me fff is more an ironman villain then a hulk villain. you could be right with the hulk beeing the main thing this year. i dont realy understand why all in december? i never have extra money because of all the presents i got to make :P

i realy hoped that ironman would win with figures this year. they could have done a ironman comic wave instead of 2 hulk waves and split the fff in it.

There's always the possibility of a Iron Man comics-themed wave being released for the movie DVD release. Something like that would probably appear/debut at SDCC--but its remote, I'd say.

How could a toy-line supposedly on its way out..........about to be "done" as you put it, gain the support for exclusive waves from not one, but two major retailers, and potentially a third before the year is out?

Would the logic not follow that if the line was a loser on the shelves that retailers would abandon it, and not elect to not only continue the main lines, but ask for exclusive lines for themselves to carry alongside?

The retailers obviously want more product, the brand WILL continue on in the main line as well as in sub-lines.

Its pretty clear that Marvel Legends is far from being cancelled, and never was very close at all to that kind of fate.

true what you are saying but would it not be more of a moneymaker around the world then just exclusive to one shop? i think that then they could do more then just two waves no? i am okey with sublines because i open my figures. it is just somthing i was thinking about. i never said it will be cancelled. i just loved too much of what i saw, that they should not cancel the line :D

true what you are saying but would it not be more of a moneymaker around the world then just exclusive to one shop? i think that then they could do more then just two waves no? i am okey with sublines because i open my figures. it is just somthing i was thinking about. i never said it will be cancelled. i just loved too much of what i saw, that they should not cancel the line :D

Keep in mind that "shop" is Walmart. It's not a momma poppa business that won't be very wide spread. I'm sure there will be plenty to go around. You see the Walmart exclusive Iron Man figure? There's 3 pegs of it. I'm sure you'll be fine to either find them in a Walmart or online if you don't have one near you (or in your country).

But I think the Marvel Legends line is far from dead. I actually like the idea of a themed wave instead of mixed ones anyway. And who says they're only doing movie figured in ML now? The only MLs they've done that are movie themed are the Spider-man 3 ones. The rest were regular figures with action features. Not MLs. The F4 wave worked out nicely for them, and the Spider-man 3 ones would've had they been released when the movie came out instead of the 5 inch ones.

Keep in mind that "shop" is Walmart. It's not a momma poppa business that won't be very wide spread. I'm sure there will be plenty to go around. You see the Walmart exclusive Iron Man figure? There's 3 pegs of it. I'm sure you'll be fine to either find them in a Walmart or online if you don't have one near you (or in your country).

But I think the Marvel Legends line is far from dead. I actually like the idea of a themed wave instead of mixed ones anyway. And who says they're only doing movie figured in ML now? The only MLs they've done that are movie themed are the Spider-man 3 ones. The rest were regular figures with action features. Not MLs. The F4 wave worked out nicely for them, and the Spider-man 3 ones would've had they been released when the movie came out instead of the 5 inch ones.

i prefer the themed lines too. at least you dont have to wait that long to get another figure of your favorite group. i am not too worried to get them but i am worried what all this is gonna cost me. walmart and target arent around my nest and the next one is about a flightticket away @loll@

true what you are saying but would it not be more of a moneymaker around the world then just exclusive to one shop? i think that then they could do more then just two waves no? i am okey with sublines because i open my figures. it is just somthing i was thinking about. i never said it will be cancelled. i just loved too much of what i saw, that they should not cancel the line

But who's to say they will not see international distribution? Exclusive waves with a given retailer bring in MORE income than a universally-available wave at any other retailer--mostly because the exclusive retailer pays more for the privilege.

And the exclusive should not be that hard to get. There's always a way to get your hands on stuff like this, if you out forth a bit of committment.

I was able to get a case of the Walmart Wave ( Giant Man) Marvel Legends from a small Canadian retailer--a complete set plus two extras, for LESS than the average Cdn retail price at the time ( INCLUDING shipping!)--and this wave was NOT carried up here at Canadian Walmarts.

If that kind of arrangement is possible for me, then its possible for you as well.

The way to make it happen is to put out your feelers, "get your ducks in a row" and be both patient and ready when the time comes.

true what you are saying but would it not be more of a moneymaker around the world then just exclusive to one shop? i think that then they could do more then just two waves no? i am okey with sublines because i open my figures. it is just somthing i was thinking about. i never said it will be cancelled. i just loved too much of what i saw, that they should not cancel the line

But who's to say they will not see international distribution? Exclusive waves with a given retailer bring in MORE income than a universally-available wave at any other retailer--mostly because the exclusive retailer pays more for the privilege.

And the exclusive should not be that hard to get. There's always a way to get your hands on stuff like this, if you out forth a bit of committment.

I was able to get a case of the Walmart Wave ( Giant Man) Marvel Legends from a small Canadian retailer--a complete set plus two extras, for LESS than the average Cdn retail price at the time ( INCLUDING shipping!)--and this wave was NOT carried up here at Canadian Walmarts.

If that kind of arrangement is possible for me, then its possible for you as well.

The way to make it happen is to put out your feelers, "get your ducks in a row" and be both patient and ready when the time comes.

getting them isnt the problem for me. i got the giantman wave over the net for a good deal and you are right, one guy could get them for his shop and he wanted 299 euros for it. thats about 450usd. can you believe that price? i fall on my ass when he said it to me. i said that i found a retailer on the net and he had them for 15usd each figure. he claimed that it wasnt true but what ya gonna do about guys like that? what i think is incorrect is that i have to pay extra delivery and there are a lot of peaple and kids around here who cant enjoy them anymore. now that they are exclusives and all, no one cares about marvel legends anymore where i live. it is sad because i loved selling those figs to other guys and kids in my shop. we talked for hours over the heroes of the marvel universe and now everything seems to be gone sadly. marvel is kind of dissapearing because of those decisions. sure hasbro does what it will, it is there buisness after all but it is sad to see that marvel became bigger and now except movie figs we find nothing anymore :mellow:

The exclusive waves are a great idea as far as distribution goes. There is absolutely no way the pegs will be crammed up with the same wave like what has happened with the first two waves of HML, because each store will have different waves. It's a great way to distribute them.

However, they apparently didn't consider international buyers, which is an idiotic move and sucks really hard. If they had considered that, it could be the perfect distribution system.

I wish people would shut the hell up about this deth of teh line thing. Wait til we get an official word from Hasbro.

you dont need to say to peaple to shut up ok. every one can say what he thinks. by the way i never said that they are canceled. it is just an observation i made. the line isnt dead at all and lives on. they just get all exclusives and that in my eyes sucks so much, that i am even considering why the hell should i go on? i love marvel. everything about it and by this way i dont know anymore if all going to the trouble again would be worth it. i will wait and see when they come out and check ebay what i can get but if i see the prices grow up just because they are exclusive (because the word exclusive is a pretty dump excuse to sell something and peaple are always falling for it @smilepunch@ ) and delivery isnt getting cheaper anytime soon then i think i am done. i cant afford it anymore and marvel lost me. sad to say. i will still get the comics but the figures are done.

I think to say the line is still done, is a bit extreme. It is a fanboy reaction, no offense. The line is just different from the line toybiz made. toybiz put out all the A list characters, you can't expect hasbro put out only b and d list characters and rehashing old line ups. They are just doing things a little different to keep it fresh

I wish people would shut the hell up about this deth of teh line thing. Wait til we get an official word from Hasbro.

thank you. somebody had to say it!

im with him. guys you have the patient of a slug. hasbro are after revealing nearly 50 ml figures and you think the line is dead. You guys are just being greedy is what i think. The main line of ML is being replaced by two pack and hulk legends this year and being put as exclusives. Maybe next year we'll get replace by more two pack and a wolverine line with two ( or three if toy-r-us has a say in it) exclusive waves.

Oh and just to let you know Wolverine is the only movie next year so they have to put out more next year.

so i am thinking, so there is no marvel legends wave that actualy comes to a comicshop anywhere since they are all exclusives.

Hey, I hadn't thought of that. That's awesome! I hate comic shop prices on MLs that you can easily find in stores. There's this one comic shop near me....I don't know how they make any money on those prices! I mean, a huge stock of MLs that I had just seen in mass at the TRU down the street and the comic shop is asking for 25 bucks a figure! Good luck guys. Nice work surveying the area. I figure they want to sell stuff, not have people laugh at them. Oh well, I suppose they can get the occasional sucker or wait until the ML wave is out of stores. Problem is, I saw this awhile ago, and that wave of MLs are more abundant than ever now!

So, long story short, I think it's a great idea to get these out of comic shops. It saves them from stocking up on product they won't be able to sell since they don't bother to see what is out there!

I thought after NYCC people would keep quiet in awe from all the good stuff we are getting, but I was wrong, these Marvel Legends death posts will never stop (sigh).

Seriously, what the H! and not even that, SDCC should reveal even more things to come. greedy greedy. this line is definitely not canceled. i never thought it was, not even with all the delays and the missing Icons. some people are so impatient and are NEVER satisfied

what i think hasbro are doing is using the Spring/summer Period to consentrate on the movie lines. Seem fair all the movies come out in those months.

By the time they die down, they use the DVD releases to bring out Legends line ( here hoping for a wolverine legends). also they probally will keep the spidey line and twin pack going through out the year and use the ML line as (as much as i hate to say this) a filler line for the winter month.

I thought after NYCC people would keep quiet in awe from all the good stuff we are getting, but I was wrong, these Marvel Legends death posts will never stop (sigh).

first off this is not a marvel death post ok. read from the top of the thread and you will see. it was just how i see things. second it is you who makes it a death post because you think that way.

Seriously, what the H! and not even that, SDCC should reveal even more things to come. greedy greedy. this line is definitely not canceled. i never thought it was, not even with all the delays and the missing Icons. some people are so impatient and are NEVER satisfied

you too sir, read the post again. i said that the line looks good and all. i said that i was sad that they dont deliver around anymore. i am satisfied with the legends who are coming but lets turn this around shall we. i live in the states and you in my town, what would you say? and what does that have to do with impatient? i dont get that.