Wolverine Or Captain America Legends?

tarot

Which will it be?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will you rather have a legends wave of for 2009?

• Wolverine
    • Captain America

Okay as far as i can gather there will only be Captain America and Wolverine movie out next year (maybe thor but i doubt it too much special effects.) with the hulk wave undoubtly being the biggest wave of this year there more then likely will be another legends line next year for these two flims.

so which one will it be? Do you want to see a legends line with all of the movie Wolverine character ( of course in the comic box form) or would you want a whole new Captain America line?

for me im torn. i want both legend line but i know there will more then likely be only the one line. but if i had to choose i'd pick the Captain America line.

There's been NO announcement of any kind of writing, directing or casting choices for a Captain America movie, to my knowledge. Given the lead time a film takes to make, 2009 is NOT going to see a Captain America film.

Wolverine, yes........but not Cap.

im and x men fan and i vote wolverine but we shouldnt have seen any wolverines this year next year should have been wolvies year along with the x men, storm i a must have for next year, lol, but wolverine should have deffinately been a next year trend.

I'm hoping for a Wolverine line so I can get a Deadpool and Gambit at a good price, along with a cool Sabertooth. I'm a new collector so I am always for reissues of stuff that I missed. Plus Wolverine has been with so many heroes and people, alot of figures can apply to a line that deals with him. Look at the Wolverine Origins comic line, what people have not been in this series of Comics? A Wolverine line so alot of potential for alot of cool figures.

Okay i know people are questioning me on the Captain America filming and truth be told you right to. I got my information from wikpedia saying that Captain America was in pre-production. it could be wrong i agree but im hoping it not.

i voted wolverine because lets face it

cap villains? winter soldier and a new red skull yes but he doesnt have a big rogue or am i wrong?

wolverine there is more to be done

-silver samurai

-maverick

-son of wolverine (come on hulk has one and wolverines son is a bad ass tatooed killer)

-sabretooth (since hasbro is making things better as electra, daredevil, sabretooth is a must)

-wolverine himself

-logan (a boy can dream)

-posessed wolverine (meaning wolverine got posessed with the venom symbiote or even the brood wolverine)

wolverine for me.

marvel is talking about quit some time now for a cap movie and an avengers movie. i hope they do it :D

im and x men fan and i vote wolverine but we shouldnt have seen any wolverines this year next year should have been wolvies year along with the x men, storm i a must have for next year, lol, but wolverine should have deffinately been a next year trend.

cap villains? winter soldier and a new red skull yes but he doesnt have a big rogue or am i wrong?

-silver samurai

-maverick

-son of wolverine (come on hulk has one and wolverines son is a bad ass tatooed killer)

-sabretooth (since hasbro is making things better as electra, daredevil, sabretooth is a must)

-wolverine himself

-logan (a boy can dream)

-posessed wolverine (meaning wolverine got posessed with the venom symbiote or even the brood wolverine)

wolverine for me.

marvel is talking about quit some time now for a cap movie and an avengers movie. i hope they do it :D

Ugh it seems that the X-Men cant be mentioned here without Storm being mentioned.

Cap DOES have a fairly large rogue gallery. Red Skull, CrossBones, Serpent Society or w/e they are called, Arnim Zola, Baron Zemo and a ton others. Wolverine is the proverbial whore of the Marvel Universe. Anytime a book has shitty sales, someone goes "Hey, lets put Wolverine in this book and sales will double" and sadly it works. It would be humorous if Marvel ever tried to explain how characters like SpiderMan and Wolverine are pretty much omnipresent.

-silver samurai

-maverick

-wolverine himself

-logan (a boy can dream)

wolverine for me.

Are you kidding me?!

Batroc

Crossbones?!?!?

Machinesmith

Mother Night

SERPENT SOCIETY?!

Superpatriot (non Image, original version!!)

Flag Smasher

...and his list is just off the top of my head!

-silver samurai

-maverick

-wolverine himself

-logan (a boy can dream)

wolverine for me.

Ugh it seems that the X-Men cant be mentioned here without Storm being mentioned.

Cap DOES have a fairly large rogue gallery. Red Skull, CrossBones, Serpent Society or w/e they are called, Arnim Zola, Baron Zemo and a ton others. Wolverine is the proverbial whore of the Marvel Universe. Anytime a book has shitty sales, someone goes "Hey, lets put Wolverine in this book and sales will double" and sadly it works. It would be humorous if Marvel ever tried to explain how characters like SpiderMan and Wolverine are pretty much omnipresent.

it is true that they appear to much in different books. man you just made me remember about crossbone and the new zemo. it is true there could be more then meets the eye. isnt that the slogan of an old tv show @loll@

I can see the Cap lines right now as a matter of fact...

Wave 1

1) Captain America (Steve Rogers)

2) Winter Soldier

3) Agent 13 (Sharon Carter)

4) Red Skull -- business suit, interchangable heads, Lukin and Skull

5) Crossbones

6) Dr. Faustus

7) Sin

8) Raid Army Builder

BAF -- Armin Zola

Wave 2

1) Modern Captain America (James Buchanan Barnes)

2) USAgent (John Walker)

3) Spitfire

4) Modern Black Widow (designed from current run on Captain America)

5) Baron Blood

6) Master Man

7) Baron Zemo (Modern Version)

8) AIM Army Builder

BAF -- AIM Mandroid

Gee, I would buy these... and hmm, plenty of Cap villains and supporting cast. Enough you could say for a third wave...

Wave 3

1) Nomad

2) Punisher Captain America

3) Flag Smasher

4) Mother Night

5) King Cobra

6) Batroc

7) Hate-Monger

8) Ultimatum Army Builder

I can see the Cap lines right now as a matter of fact...

Wave 1

1) Captain America (Steve Rogers)

2) Winter Soldier

3) Agent 13 (Sharon Carter)

4) Red Skull -- business suit, interchangable heads, Lukin and Skull

5) Crossbones

6) Dr. Faustus

7) Sin

8) Raid Army Builder

BAF -- Armin Zola

Wave 2

1) Modern Captain America (James Buchanan Barnes)

2) USAgent (John Walker)

3) Spitfire

4) Modern Black Widow (designed from current run on Captain America)

5) Baron Blood

6) Master Man

7) Baron Zemo (Modern Version)

8) AIM Army Builder

BAF -- AIM Mandroid

Gee, I would buy these... and hmm, plenty of Cap villains and supporting cast. Enough you could say for a third wave...

Wave 3

1) Nomad

2) Punisher Captain America

3) Flag Smasher

4) Mother Night

5) King Cobra

6) Batroc

7) Hate-Monger

8) Ultimatum Army Builder

Well let's be serious. A Captain America wave would look more like this.

1. Classic Cap (repainted FA cap)

2. Bucky repaint

3. Civil War Cap (repainted FO cap)

4. Modern Black Cap (repainted FO cap)

5. U.S. Agent (repainted cap and yes I know the scales wouldn't work, doesn't mean it wouldn't happen)

6. Baron Zemo repaint

7. Red Skull repaint

8. Crossbones, all new sculpt

BAF-Something really cool and obscure that everybody wants

A wolverine wave would look pretty much the same.

Deprave1 and Ares came up with great list but lets discard Dr. Faustus and add Diamondback or the Constrictor. King Cobra, the Porcupine, D-Man, Scorpio are all decent characters to be made for a Captain America Legends wave.

And why make Arnim Zola a BAF? Keep him a regular figure and make the SLEEPER robot as the BAF or even better, the Super Adaptoid. (I like the Marvel-2-in-1 version the best from issue #75, but classic SA is good for me as well).

As for Wolvie, I love the character, but it is truly overkill right now. Just give me the Silver Samurai, Maverick, and Guardian and I'm straight.

I'd take any MU character wave over a Wolvy, Spidey or Hulk line! Those 3 are so over played & overdone , it's not funny!

Cap & especially Ironman have a great rogues gallery of enemies & allies that Hasbro can make at least 4 waves out of!

Add Thor to that list too, he has an awesome list of enemies & allies that can last 4 waves as well!

Captain America, all the way (really digging some of the above lists). Sadly I doubt it'll happen.

Wolverine's probably going to have a movie line all to himself next year. Sadly, few if any of those designs are likely to remotely resemble their comic counterparts (except perhaps unmasked Logan). I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a companion "Wolverine Legends" or "X-Men Legends" comic-accurate line, though. As long as we get some characters that really need updates and/or haven't been seen before I'll be happy.

But the "upside" is that I don't think there's currently any other Marvel movies planned for next year. So instead of having to divide their attention between three or four areas (for instance this year they have Iron Man, Incredible Hulk/Hulk Legends, regular Marvel Legends, and continuing Spider-Man Classics). They just have the Wolverine movie and...whatever else they want to do.

I suspect "regular" Marvel Legends will basically get a relaunch next year, after these two "exclusive" waves and this year's crop of movies have died down. While I'd hope beyond hope for a "Captain America Legends" line, I think the Wolverine/X-men line is more likely, and we may even get an "Iron Man Legends" line on the tail end of the movie figures (it'd be a good way to try to get fans roped in by the movies "crossed over" to comic-style figures).

Cap legends probably won't be seen until a Cap movie comes out. But I think we'll start to see a lot more Cap characters in the regular Marvel Legends lines and two-packs. I'd be really surprised if we make it through 2009 without a Winter Soldier figure popping up somewhere.

2010 should hopefully bring us the "Thor" movie, and maybe even "Captain America" as well. Quite possibly "Iron Man 2" to boot (though that might not make it until 2011).

I'm on board with a Cap wave and a lot of those figures on the list until I saw Hate Monger and Master Man. As interesting as it would be, it'll never, ever happen, in any line, ever...not even with an Adolph Hitler bonus figure.

That aside, as much as I love Wolverine, Cap needs his own Legends line in '09 way more.

My wave would include:

New Cap

Winter Soldier

Crossbones

USAgent

AIM Soldier

I like the idea of the Red Skull in a business suit with interchangable heads, throw in a Tony Stark head and I'm sold!!

that's a tough on, ican see myself buy both lines.

wolverine line:

wolverine (series 6 maskless with head based on andy kubart)

logan (based on sean chen art)

sabertooth(wepon x uniform)

silver fox

mavrick

ultimate storm(x-men legends style)

captain america:

cap america (bucky)

u.s. agent

red skull (fo repaint)

crossbones

ww2 nick fury