JohnnyRebelV2

2008 NYCC - Mattel and DC panel (Images Added)

Wow... I am rather disappointed with there choice of lobo for a exclusive ...Personally I've always hated the guy even in the cartoons I've found him annoying and boring :S

Look at it this way. Now you don't have to get him if you don't want him just to get a BAF part.

I hope the atom in the walmart wave is modern atom! Since they are doing some weird gold version of him in the other waves :S

I hope the atom in the walmart wave is modern atom! Since they are doing some weird gold version of him in the other waves :S

I think you are confusing the Atom ( the guy that shrinks) with Captain Atom ( the silver guy with a red atomic emblem on his chest). Captain Atom has a gold variant that would be his early Charlton comics appearance.

I think you are confusing the Atom ( the guy that shrinks) with Captain Atom ( the silver guy with a red atomic emblem on his chest). Captain Atom has a gold variant that would be his early Charlton comics appearance.

And going by the picture released, he is the Ray Palmer (classic) version, though I could easily see them turning it into a modern variant without much ado.

wow i so love lobo. this is the first time i ever wanted him. exclusive is dump by the way but i know where i can get him.

batman beyond? cant wait to see him

riddler, he is the best of them all

kind of dissapointed with metallo but thats nothing a little paint can change

walmart exclusives? first marvel and now dc? not good in my mind. i hate that exclusive to a shop crap. i mean why should someone collect a line and dont get the figures for him just because it is exclusive to a special shop. man i would quit collecting them if i couldnt get them all.

dc is kicking it off this year. i hope they get some other pics soon :D

Yeah I Know I was just looking forward to getting something cool dcuc since I am going this year is all :D leave it to them they will have a bunch of green lantern stuff or something next year when I am not going to be there :P

Oh well Its still good for everyone else that ones em though time to see if all the complainers were complaining just for the sake of it or not :D

I just got back. heres some of the pics I took sorry if thier not any good. It was crowded and thier was alot of rude people.

100_0108.jpg

100_0111.jpg

100_0112.jpg

100_0115.jpg

Black Lightning, Batman Beyond, Classic and Gold Captain Atom, they are giving me everything I've ever wanted and they look great. I was already having trouble resisting Firestorm, Superman Red & Blue and the Metamorpho BAF. It's going to take every once of self control in my body not to buy these.

Wow! I don't know, but I think I need a second job. I like pretty much most of what I saw, but I really wish they hadn't done the two-pack thing with that cool Lightray and the Orion we really already have. Maybe I'll use him and make a first attempt at a custom. Love the Artemis tribute, the Ray Palmer Atom, and the Captain Atom. Despero will make a cool (Grundy-sized?) BAF. I am sad to see, though, they have not done anything with the Infinites hands. I really think they should have closed fists, or something. They seem lacking in that respect. Hope those are still the prototypes.

Still, I feel like an addict who has just overdosed, having seen so much cool stuff so quickly!

That BAF Metallo just made my entire day.

Mattel is really trying to be impressive. With Hasbro dropping the ball a bit by concentrating on the movie figs and pushing the Nemeesis wave back until Deceember, Mattel is taking advantage by releasing a boatload of figs. BUT WHY DESPERO? I mean he is cool and all, but JLU gets a Giganta figure before DCU??? It ain't right!!! (LOL).

Hope they work that out soon. Would love to see an Eradicator that is more modern with the mask, an OMAC, and a larger Doomsday (same sculpt design though). Otherwise, the figs look great. Ed McGuiness art comes to life thanks to the Metallo designed by the 4H and the Black Lightning looks far better than the DCD version.

BTW: Is it me, or is the DCD Captain Atom better looking the the Mattel version? However, his variant is flippin' awesome!!!!

Giganta WOULD be cool.

I'd love a Chemo, personally. there's just something really cool about the idea of a 12" translucent green 'golem' on my shelf.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Two-Face and Clayface show up again. Not terribly keen on paying through the nose on eBay, and it's not like they can't milk a repaint out of both of them.

Don't know if you have them around you, but check Big Lots. They pick up the leftovers of things like this and sell them at or below MSRP. The one near me has that line - I'll check to see if it has those particulars and let you know.

As for what gets revealed at NYCC, all I can say is some online retailers are already pushing pre-orders for wave 5, without even knowing what's in it. Let the speculation begin!

yes sir! big lots, tj maxx, burlington coat fac, and aj wright have the leftovers.

Lobo LOBO LOBO!!!

Finally! I've been waiting for this for so loooooong!

:D

2426473577_50afbe541a_b.jpg

i want one sooo bad....and i cant go to the sdcc to get one!

Mattel is really trying to be impressive. With Hasbro dropping the ball a bit by concentrating on the movie figs and pushing the Nemeesis wave back until Deceember, Mattel is taking advantage by releasing a boatload of figs. BUT WHY DESPERO? I mean he is cool and all, but JLU gets a Giganta figure before DCU??? It ain't right!!! (LOL).

Hope they work that out soon. Would love to see an Eradicator that is more modern with the mask, an OMAC, and a larger Doomsday (same sculpt design though). Otherwise, the figs look great. Ed McGuiness art comes to life thanks to the Metallo designed by the 4H and the Black Lightning looks far better than the DCD version.

BTW: Is it me, or is the DCD Captain Atom better looking the the Mattel version? However, his variant is flippin' awesome!!!!

i dont like the fact that wal mart dropped the line and target has been carrying them faithfully, but they give walmart a exculsive series(wtf!) now that the ledgens arent making them any money they crawl back.

Exclusives!!!! Groddammit!!! Im really pissed about Wizard World Chicago being before SDCC.
does that mean we wont get the lobo? i live in milwaukee and im not going to the sdcc for a fig

Wow! I don't know, but I think I need a second job. I like pretty much most of what I saw, but I really wish they hadn't done the two-pack thing with that cool Lightray and the Orion we really already have. Maybe I'll use him and make a first attempt at a custom. Love the Artemis tribute, the Ray Palmer Atom, and the Captain Atom. Despero will make a cool (Grundy-sized?) BAF. I am sad to see, though, they have not done anything with the Infinites hands. I really think they should have closed fists, or something. They seem lacking in that respect. Hope those are still the prototypes.

Still, I feel like an addict who has just overdosed, having seen so much cool stuff so quickly!

i dont have orion from wave 1. i was think about buying a darkseid from this guy and started to get orion from target, but now, im glad i didnt