New Iron Man Armors OH SNAP!

LegendsCollector07

Orrrr...(depending how cheap hasbro is) they can just paint Iron Monger red and gold and call THAT Hulkbuster. And Hydro Armor will be painted seafoam green and blue and have attachable flippers. (I should work for hasbro!) @haha@

Scary thought....I can actually see them doing that!

SSHHHHH! Don't give them ideas (especially what you said of the Hydro suit)! I don't want any more Mark III repaints. Time for some larger, comic accurate armors.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Satellite Ironman has more HD Channels than Cable. I'll probably pick up Cap Ironman, if nothing else to just steal the shield so I don't have to open a Cap to do a Ross-design custom. I've not got much love for the movie line, I'll probably get the exclusives and Cap Armor and that's it.

See, now I have to get the Satellite Armor and call him "HD MAN!" Good one, DeDz.

ya but theres even more than Hulkbuster and hydro armor, theres FA iron monger(probably blue repaint), heres the original post:

So I took the upc for Iron Man off Marvelousnews and went to work today at Walmart, and under the cross reference (Which when ive posted on Legends and SHS wound up being 99% true) and found a bunch of ones not yet announced.. now with a limited line like movie figures, they may not come out but here we go...

IM GOLD MARK I SUIT UPC 65356935894

IM HEAVY ARTILLARY I UPC 65356935849

IM DEEP SEA ARMOR UPC 65356935848

IM TORPERDO ARMOR UPC 65356934610

IM SATELLITE ARMOR UPC 65356934612

IM STEALTH ARMOR UPC 65356934615

IM WAR MACHINE UPC 65356935905(not the same as the walmart exclusive)

IM INFERNO ARMOR UPC 65356935907

IM SUBTERRANEAN ARMOR UPC 65356935908

IM CLASSIC IRON MONGER UPC 65356935847

IM IRON MOGER UPC 65356935904(different from the current monger)

IM AF TITANIUM MAN UPC 65356929740

IM STEALTH OP SUIT UPC 65356929262

And personally what i want the most:

IM CAPT AMERICA ARMO UPC 65356934611!

So like i said usually my findings are true, but movie lines may not pan out..."

and i think so far hes been pretty on the spot

You guys know that the 'Captain America armor' is, technically speaking, based on the comic books, right?

"Iron America" is a pretty sweet image, IMO.

ironcap5bg.jpg

wait, is that steve rodgers in a suit? or tony stark as cap?

steve rodgers, its from the civil war What If? arc, its a gift from tony to steve before tony died

ya but theres even more than Hulkbuster and hydro armor, theres FA iron monger(probably blue repaint), heres the original post:
So I took the upc for Iron Man off Marvelousnews and went to work today at Walmart, and under the cross reference (Which when ive posted on Legends and SHS wound up being 99% true) and found a bunch of ones not yet announced.. now with a limited line like movie figures, they may not come out but here we go...

IM GOLD MARK I SUIT UPC 65356935894

IM HEAVY ARTILLARY I UPC 65356935849

IM DEEP SEA ARMOR UPC 65356935848

IM TORPERDO ARMOR UPC 65356934610

IM SATELLITE ARMOR UPC 65356934612

IM STEALTH ARMOR UPC 65356934615

IM WAR MACHINE UPC 65356935905(not the same as the walmart exclusive)

IM INFERNO ARMOR UPC 65356935907

IM SUBTERRANEAN ARMOR UPC 65356935908

IM CLASSIC IRON MONGER UPC 65356935847

IM IRON MOGER UPC 65356935904(different from the current monger)

IM AF TITANIUM MAN UPC 65356929740

IM STEALTH OP SUIT UPC 65356929262

And personally what i want the most:

IM CAPT AMERICA ARMO UPC 65356934611!

So like i said usually my findings are true, but movie lines may not pan out..."

and i think so far hes been pretty on the spot

Well I better start saving! That is alot of stuff! We will see if Hasbro pull through with all this stuff, if so I think my armory is going to be as big as the one on the Iron Man animated movie that just came out, hopefully they are not all just repaints but if they are I'll pick and choose the best ones. I'm kind of upset that Extremis isn't on the list. Well you can't have everything you want, oh well.

I seriously can't wait to get that Cap Armor I don't care what anyone says, it's badass...I'll display it proudly beside my Marvel Select Extremis Armor (well once it's out and I have it too, I've got it going into my pull at the comic shop).

All these Iron Man armors remind me of the 90's when they had Iron Man animated series line. There were so many armros in that line, but since I was only little and my mom wasn't rich I wouldn't get all of them. The thing with those amrors was that they all were repaints but each had different interchangable parts to make them look different. I hope Hasbro does some more scuplts or at the very least different interchanable parts to make them look different.

All these Iron Man armors remind me of the 90's when they had Iron Man animated series line. There were so many armros in that line, but since I was only little and my mom wasn't rich I wouldn't get all of them. The thing with those amrors was that they all were repaints but each had different interchangable parts to make them look different. I hope Hasbro does some more scuplts or at the very least different interchanable parts to make them look different.

Yes...I loved the Ironman figures when I was a kid. The FO Ironman totally reminded me of those figures. It was the same style of the armor used in the cartoon.

Almost none of those armor were repaints. All were diffeent except for Warmachine 1, 2 and 3 (different heads and paint) and the two versions of the stealth suit. The great thing about the line was that all the armor pieces were interchangable from on figure to the next.

Almost none of those armor were repaints. All were diffeent except for Warmachine 1, 2 and 3 (different heads and paint) and the two versions of the stealth suit. The great thing about the line was that all the armor pieces were interchangable from on figure to the next.

Actually, to get really technical, the only repaints in the entire line were the base figures of War Machine 1 and 2. Unmasked WM and Marvel vs. Capcom WM were repaints, but not technically part of the Iron Man line. Same with Night Armor Iron Man, who was a repaint of Hologram (Silver Centurion) armor, but again, in another line.

Sadly, gone are the days of only two repaints (and partial ones at that) in nearly 30 figures... Especially when 12 of those figures are Iron Man/War Machine. Luckily, I still have the whole line, all the 'add-on' figures, and a boatload of customs to keep me happy. :)

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Actually, to get really technical, the only repaints in the entire line were the base figures of War Machine 1 and 2. Unmasked WM and Marvel vs. Capcom WM were repaints, but not technically part of the Iron Man line. Same with Night Armor Iron Man, who was a repaint of Hologram (Silver Centurion) armor, but again, in another line.

Sadly, gone are the days of only two repaints (and partial ones at that) in nearly 30 figures... Especially when 12 of those figures are Iron Man/War Machine. Luckily, I still have the whole line, all the 'add-on' figures, and a boatload of customs to keep me happy. :)

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Maybe Hasbro will take this approach for the other figures they are doing. You have the collection that I wanted when i was a kid, oh well I guess my collection will be a Toybiz/Hasbro hybrid. As far as size goes the Hasbro Iron Mans look ok when placed in groups mixed with toybiz figures. But after this fall I will have a pretty good collection but not as good as this one though this one is awesome! But take notes Hasbro that is how you really do an Iron Man line! Repaints are fine but different sculpt and interchangable parts skyrocket the quality. Not to say I don't like the repaints (it saves me time and money to re-paint them myself).

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Ah the good old days of collecting when we would get as much villains as heroes in a line, now we get drowned in rereleases of wolverines, repaints and resculpts while all the cool villains get lost in the shuffle. Anyhow I loved that show it's on top of my wishlist to be released on DVD next to the x-men animated series. Impressive display,man

You guys know that the 'Captain America armor' is, technically speaking, based on the comic books, right?

ironcap5bg.jpg

steve rodgers, its from the civil war What If? arc, its a gift from tony to steve before tony died

Well, I suppose you could always also use it as a Capbuster Armour too(At least, that's what I'm thinking of doing when I get it). I mean he's already got a Hulkbuster and Thorbuster Armours. Man, Tony must have trust issues or something, particularly with his fellow Avengers.

As for the Satellite Armour, while I do think the colours look good, I have to admit I'm a little puzzle as to why Tony would require such a armour. I'm sure Hasbro will have a little bio that will explain it once the figure comes out though. But my guess is that since it's call Satellite Armour, it's either a armour specifically design to deal with deadly Satalites(I mean, it has happened once and a while, where Tony must deal with a deadly Satalitte. The storyline in the 1980's comics of A.I.M. taking over a Stark Statlitte and using it as a weapon to take out a small nation comes to mind with me. Also, in the 2nd season of the 1990's Iron Man Cartoon, a scientist did the mistake of working with A.I.M. to create a space station/statalite which A.I.M. eventually had plans of taking over to use against the world), stronger abilitiy to hack into other satellites when he's in space, or the Armour can act like a Satellite it's self, by transmitting and recieving data and what not. Yeah, I'm aware that it these suggestions sound kind of silly, but that's my guess.

In that list of Iron Man figures, I'm curious as to how the War Machine figure will look different from the Wal-mart Exclusive Sleath Operations Suit figures. I mean, the War Machine figure I'm sure will be a mass release, but still.

ironcap5bg.jpg

Well, I suppose you could always also use it as a Capbuster Armour too(At least, that's what I'm thinking of doing when I get it). I mean he's already got a Hulkbuster and Thorbuster Armours. Man, Tony must have trust issues or something, particularly with his fellow Avengers.

As for the Satellite Armour, while I do think the colours look good, I have to admit I'm a little puzzle as to why Tony would require such a armour. I'm sure Hasbro will have a little bio that will explain it once the figure comes out though. But my guess is that since it's call Satellite Armour, it's either a armour specifically design to deal with deadly Satalites(I mean, it has happened once and a while, where Tony must deal with a deadly Satalitte. The storyline in the 1980's comics of A.I.M. taking over a Stark Statlitte and using it as a weapon to take out a small nation comes to mind with me. Also, in the 2nd season of the 1990's Iron Man Cartoon, a scientist did the mistake of working with A.I.M. to create a space station/statalite which A.I.M. eventually had plans of taking over to use against the world), stronger abilitiy to hack into other satellites when he's in space, or the Armour can act like a Satellite it's self, by transmitting and recieving data and what not. Yeah, I'm aware that it these suggestions sound kind of silly, but that's my guess.

In that list of Iron Man figures, I'm curious as to how the War Machine figure will look different from the Wal-mart Exclusive Sleath Operations Suit figures. I mean, the War Machine figure I'm sure will be a mass release, but still.

I just remebered there is no point for a Satellite armor with Extremis around. They should have just did a different sculpt for Extremis and call it a day. A comic accurate Extremis would fly off the shelves no problem. Extremis problably does the same as satellite armor and then some.

Really...what does a Satellite Armor Iron Man do to his opponents??? transmit Lifetime, We, and Oxygen channels all at once?

No kidding, Can't wait to see Jungle armor or Ninja armor Iron Man! @grumpy@

I just remebered there is no point for a Satellite armor with Extremis around. They should have just did a different sculpt for Extremis and call it a day. A comic accurate Extremis would fly off the shelves no problem. Extremis problably does the same as satellite armor and then some.

But is Extremis in the movie? Why should they be beholden to make a comic-accurate figure in a line that isn't about the comics?

Really...what does a Satellite Armor Iron Man do to his opponents??? transmit Lifetime, We, and Oxygen channels all at once?

Maybe it's a specialized form of Space Armor?

I get the cries of 'no comic accuracy!' here... but this is the movie line. It's not comic-accurate.

And frankly, it'd be no different than some of the nonsensical armors that Toy Biz put out for the cartoon line. He had a Samurai Armor, for Pete's sake! In the canceled fifth wave, there was a Lava Armor- mind you, there was already an Inferno Armor in the line... as if there's a difference?

Sometimes it's just about what looks cool- especially in the the lines that aren't completely comic-based. Iron Man is Marvel's Batman, in that he can be put in a million ridiculous suits, and technically, it makes sense.

What makes the whole thing ironic is that while some here complain about the toy-only armors and want only comic-based stuff, some of the creators complain about the variety of armors in the comics. For years, Bob Layton has vocally stated his disdain for Hulkbuster armor, not seeming to realize (or care) that it is one of the most popular armor variations.

But is Extremis in the movie? Why should they be beholden to make a comic-accurate figure in a line that isn't about the comics?

Maybe it's a specialized form of Space Armor?

I get the cries of 'no comic accuracy!' here... but this is the movie line. It's not comic-accurate.

And frankly, it'd be no different than some of the nonsensical armors that Toy Biz put out for the cartoon line. He had a Samurai Armor, for Pete's sake! In the canceled fifth wave, there was a Lava Armor- mind you, there was already an Inferno Armor in the line... as if there's a difference?

Sometimes it's just about what looks cool- especially in the the lines that aren't completely comic-based. Iron Man is Marvel's Batman, in that he can be put in a million ridiculous suits, and technically, it makes sense.

What makes the whole thing ironic is that while some here complain about the toy-only armors and want only comic-based stuff, some of the creators complain about the variety of armors in the comics. For years, Bob Layton has vocally stated his disdain for Hulkbuster armor, not seeming to realize (or care) that it is one of the most popular armor variations.

...and the fact that it served a good purpose...! I understand the need to create "snazzy" looking armors, but if it's garish, it's garish. How many neon orange and green batman figs were peg-warmers at kaybee for years? Mind you, I don't think satellite Armor is as garish as those, but it is like looking at a stormtrooper-space station-man. :D . I guess it would be fun to create these variations if i worked for the 'Bro, but the geek in me would want to hold restraint on doing "Submarine-deep-artic-jungle-exploration armor with spring-loaded elephant net-trap"

Well, Bob Layton had a very specific idea/vision for how Iron Man's armor should evolve, and while it actually makes a lot of sense, it wouldn't make for a very interesting looking hero, visually speaking.

Basically, Layton believes that miniaturization and streamlining was the way "more advanced technology" would go, so the suit would progressively become less and less bulky (but more powerful) until Iron Man basically ended up looking like the Silver Surfer or Captain Atom.

So he's often expressed a dislike towards any suit that's bulkier or larger than previous incarnations, because he sees it as a "step backwards" technologically speaking.

Well, Bob Layton had a very specific idea/vision for how Iron Man's armor should evolve, and while it actually makes a lot of sense, it wouldn't make for a very interesting looking hero, visually speaking.

Basically, Layton believes that miniaturization and streamlining was the way "more advanced technology" would go, so the suit would progressively become less and less bulky (but more powerful) until Iron Man basically ended up looking like the Silver Surfer or Captain Atom.

So he's often expressed a dislike towards any suit that's bulkier or larger than previous incarnations, because he sees it as a "step backwards" technologically speaking.

But isn't that kind of the route of Extremis, which has alot of potential and needs less armor variations. It's just that the Marvel writers haven't fully explored this potential if they do, I could see Layton ideal coming to furition. What if Stark was able to control Extremis so well it became a sort of second skin like the sybiote for Spider-man.