grunt

RedKat

I have more of a problem with that God-awful head they put on that body. It's worse than the DTC Grand Slam one and the Greenshirt 6 pack ones. I would probably be okay with it if it didn't have the "dirt" or beard or whatever that is supposed to be on his face.

The stubble actually looks really good up close... I thought I would hate it too but i actually kinda like it. At least it makes the Flash/Grand Slam head look different enough that you don't IMMEADITLY think it is the same head. And if you dremmel down the inside of the head he fits on the body much better.

OK isn't grunt uniform is gray not green? are they coming out with a gray uniform ? theres nothing wrong with it. just not gray.

Are you maybe thinking of the tan uniformed Grunt that came with the glider?

I'm thinking more of the cartoon, grunts uniform was gray, like a dark gray.

grunt1.gif

some thing like this.

Dang! So that IS the Flash head on Grunt?

Cheap a$$ Hasbro!

Well, to be fair. The original Grunt shared a head with Grand Slam, and the same holds true today, which is also the 25th Flash head:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/82/grunt.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/action/82/grandslam.shtml

So it is technically acurate in a roundabout way. If you really wanted to have an accurate Flash, you could swap his head with the extra Hawk, from either the comic 2 pack or the Grunt pack and paint the hair, since that's the way it was:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/82/flash.shtml

I can see why Hasbro does not want to sink any cash into tooling for new figures on store exclusives.

Is it perfect? No.

But I have no doubt in my mind, we'd never see a Grand Slam, or a Grunt any other way. At least Grunt has a beard painted on. So I for one will take what I can get, but that's me.

Cheap a$$ Hasbro!

Well, to be fair. The original Grunt shared a head with Grand Slam, and the same holds true today, which is also the 25th Flash head:

So it is technically acurate in a roundabout way. If you really wanted to have an accurate Flash, you could swap his head with the extra Hawk, from either the comic 2 pack or the Grunt pack and paint the hair, since that's the way it was:

I can see why Hasbro does not want to sink any cash into tooling for new figures on store exclusives.

Is it perfect? No.

But I have no doubt in my mind, we'd never see a Grand Slam, or a Grunt any other way. At least Grunt has a beard painted on. So I for one will take what I can get, but that's me.

Dang! Does anybody have any pics of their Grunts? I mean ones they took themselves not something from some internet somewhere. I haven't seen him yet.

Thanks, Bro.

I might just get him anyway and play that this is Flash when he was in Basic Training. We're getting a green shirt Duke so I might just play that they were in Basic together. I might play out a whole FLASH: YEAR ONE thang! That would TOTALLY rock!

Are you guys sure this is Grunt?

Grunt.jpg168553-yarael-poof_150.jpg

LMAO!!!!!

Cheap a$$ Hasbro!

Is it perfect? No.

Figg is right, all or most of the original 13 shared common parts back in the day.

Thanks, Bro.

I might just get him anyway and play that this is Flash when he was in Basic Training. We're getting a green shirt Duke so I might just play that they were in Basic together. I might play out a whole FLASH: YEAR ONE thang! That would TOTALLY rock!

No problem,

I am going to try and kitbash these guys into greenshirts. It could work since I have extra helmets, and such, as long as they're used as background characters.

Figg is right, all or most of the original 13 shared common parts back in the day.

Yeah. I know. But I thought with computers and all, we were beyond that kinda cheap a$$ s***. I know thats how it was back in the day, but nowadays do we still got to roll that way? Come on, Dude! You don't have to follow EVERYTHING from 82! It's just a new HEAD!!!

Yeah. I know. But I thought with computers and all, we were beyond that kinda cheap a$$ s***. I know thats how it was back in the day, but nowadays do we still got to roll that way? Come on, Dude! You don't have to follow EVERYTHING from 82! It's just a new HEAD!!!

You could do a new head, but that would have driven the price way up because of having to cast a new die for production.

The target exclusive vehicles for example retail @ $9.99 ea. which is a good deal right? A new head, on Crankcase & Flash would have driven the price to, oh, let's say, $14.00 - $16.00 ea. (I'm guessing, I don't have any idea how much extra they would have charged).

I'm sure they wanted to charge a sharp price point on these to see how fast they could blow them off the shelves.

@hmmm@ Well, see, I choose to live in the past. I also enjoy rotory phones, booting up my TRS-80 with a 5.25" floppy DOS disk, and staring at my poster of Ronald Reagan. @smilepunch@ Chill out man, I am sure we'll see plenty of other new sculpts.

Once again, Figg is right....cost and ease of production seems like the approach here.

Dang! Does anybody have any pics of their Grunts? I mean ones they took themselves not something from some internet somewhere. I haven't seen him yet.

Thanks, Bro.

Here you go dude:

Picture062.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Quality is not that good but neither's my camera.

Thanks for having EvilStar's back, Bro!

Grunt don't look so bad to me. Yeah his neck his long but eff it!

Does Grand Slam come with any guns? Can he wear the Old Skool jet pack? Cuz thats the one EvilStar has. Would one of the new jet packs (like the one Duke comes with) fit on him?

Thanks, Bro!

Peace!

Thanks for having EvilStar's back, Bro!

Grunt don't look so bad to me. Yeah his neck his long but eff it!

Does Grand Slam come with any guns? Can he wear the Old Skool jet pack? Cuz thats the one EvilStar has. Would one of the new jet packs (like the one Duke comes with) fit on him?

Thanks, Bro!

Peace!

I like Grunt's longer neck, it helps to distinguish him from Flash and Grandslam. He's also the Snake Eyes body with Cobra Trooper arms, which is a different combination. He has a U.S. flag painted on one of his arms, it's a nice touch but still suffers from the Cobra Trooper articulation issues, nothing a little modding won't fix.

Grandslam comes with nothing other than a helmet, not even a figure stand. Which sucks, but hey $10.00 for a figure and a vehicle is gonna be a no bells and whistles deal.

Not sure about the old school jet pack (but I can't see why not). I know the Cobra Air trooper jet pack goes on him just fine, so once Jet pack Duke comes out, he'll be grounded and Grandslam's getting geared up.