Cobra Commander or Serpentor??

RobbieDigital

Cobra Commander always seemed incompetent to me. Then again I only watched the toon so i`m a little biased. Serpentor was the leader Cobra Needed, while CC served as comic relief and was too stereo typical for an 80`s character. Especially when the DIC episodes started, CC was a complete moron!

CC was comic relief in the cartoons?!?!?! wow glad I missed that. In the comics he was your neurotic dad who came home drunk at night to beat the crap out of your mom with a baseball bat. depressing, impatient, angry, paranoid...he was the perfect example of what if Hitler was born in a recession stricken America. CObra Commander was Larry Hama's social commentary on what COULD happen if the American dream keeps getting trampled on by big business creating big government.

Serpentor was one of the many bumbling costumed freaks that graced the pages of the Marvel comic during a time when good guys and baddies all wore colorful designed costumes representing their favorite animal, chemical, techno, magical, archetype.

Serpentor had a neat premise but grew to be a little far fetched. In the comic Serpentor would seem to come out strong like a Maximus but in the end he grew egotistical, arrogant, vain, to which while he kept preaching on and on about one of his many great battles and successes of yesteryear Zartan proved that the arrow that killed Alexander the great does kill in the same place twice.

Serpentor is a clown. I know G.I. Joe isn't exactly reality-based, but I can only suspend my disbelief for so long.

Cloned from the genetic material of the world's greatest military minds? ...Because I'm sure strategic genius is a genetic trait... Why don't you dress up in a scaly snake costume to compliment your prowess.

Serpentor is a clown. I know G.I. Joe isn't exactly reality-based, but I can only suspend my disbelief for so long.

Cloned from the genetic material of the world's greatest military minds? ...Because I'm sure strategic genius is a genetic trait... Why don't you dress up in a scaly snake costume to compliment your prowess.

@loll@ @haha@ @lol@

QFT

I'm going with CC!

Cobra Commander. Serpentor just never panned out in either comic or cartoon version. This guy is suppose to be this great military genius and still can't figure out a way to beat G.I. Joe? In the cartoon he was no better than CC but none of the lackeys would admit it. When one of Cobra's plans got botched before Serpentor,CC always blamed someone else for the failure. Serpentor comes along and what does he do when his plans don't work? Blame someone else and most of the time CC was his scapegoat.

Cobra Commander always seemed incompetent to me. Then again I only watched the toon so i`m a little biased. Serpentor was the leader Cobra Needed, while CC served as comic relief and was too stereo typical for an 80`s character. Especially when the DIC episodes started, CC was a complete moron!
Everyone looked like morons in the DIC episodes.

CC all the way.

Cobra Commander...

Serpentor never kicked puppies when he was pissed off.

Nothing says evil quite like it.

467px-CobraCommander-150.jpg

Cobra Commander all the way. And hey, there'd be no Cobra, and by extension no Serpentor with out him.

Well since Cobra Commander is my favorite villian of all time I guess it would have to be Cobra Commander. You got the best of both worlds with the comic and cartoon versions. Cobra Commander so believed in himself that he called Golobulus a fool in the midst of his own punishment, he was defiant all the way to the end. I mean he showed up at the end of the movie screaming about being a man and saved Falcon, he was so pissed even as a snake he was coming to kick ass for what they did to him....lol He conned Serpentor into keeping him around as a scapegoat until he could kill him and he was the only one to stand up to Serpentor. Also given the fact that a bald blue man with multiple eye balls on his face could build a grand terrorist organization from the ground up is impressive. Also his voice was the best in the cartoon. Then you have the comic version which is a twisted guy but still a genius no less and became the worlds number 1 threat.

Serpentor never had any action in the show, really and he got turned into an Iguana, in the comics Zartan killed him with an arrow, the man was good and provided a great temporary storyline for GI Joe, but he is only a temporary thing.

HELL, Cobra Commander survived them all into the future and became Old Snake in Transformers and even got away from the Transformers.

COBRA COMMANDER!!!!!!

"Poor Mr. Draft not quite smart enough were you, they simply don't make terrorist like they used to Cobraaaaaackkkkkk, cough"

Everyone looked like morons in the DIC episodes.

CC all the way.

I couldn't have said it better myself.I hated the DIC version of GI Joe.Everything from the writing to the high pitched voice action and the charater development.Athough Serprntor away bugged me in the cartoon.He always sounded stressed out.you know" THIS I COMMAND!!!!!",kind of annoyed me.

I really loved what serpentor could have been. He was made by these folks that ran around planing to coil up and strike suddenly on the world and had cobra logo's everywhere. It really could have been a group of extremists making thier own messiah. The creation was too far fetched. If they would have left it had just being geneticly engineered and and trained by tecnology or something rather than the crazy dna stuff i could have bought it more. The custom was insane, way too over the top. It was also obvious Larry hated him.

I liked the fact the orginal cc died, at least for awhile. It would have been neat to see Serpentor, kill fred and take over donning the hood and silver faceplate (the battle armor was STUPID) But none of this happened, serpy was a weird looking bloated airbag who did little in the long run for the overall story of Joe. He just added more flair of the sci-fi, and strange outfits.

Cc is the man for Cobra because he does represent a homegrown terrorist evil and the oon version at least sounded cool.

I'm going with Serpentor here.

I have a whole heirarchy done up with Serpentor leading the way as the Supreme General of all the different Cobra factions. CC is still in charge of the Cobra Forces, Destro is in charge of his IG forces, Zartan, the Dreadnoks, and Venomous Maximus the Coil Forces. Each one of the Commanders is considered as the top general for his branch of the overall Cobra entity. Serpentor uses his superior tactical mind to put the right forces in the right places at the right times.

That's why Cobra always wins in my verse. That's the way things should be.

I have a whole heirarchy done up with Serpentor leading the way as the Supreme General of all the different Cobra factions. CC is still in charge of the Cobra Forces, Destro is in charge of his IG forces, Zartan, the Dreadnoks, and Venomous Maximus the Coil Forces. Each one of the Commanders is considered as the top general for his branch of the overall Cobra entity. Serpentor uses his superior tactical mind to put the right forces in the right places at the right times.

sorry pal, you said V-Max and i think 99% of us would agree he shouldn't be in the picture @smilepunch@

sorry pal, you said V-Max and i think 99% of us would agree he shouldn't be in the picture @smilepunch@

The ONLY thing I could think of for the VM figure was that it actually IS Serpentor but his cloned body is degenerating and getting F'd up. That's pretty sad. It's the best idea I could come up with and I'm STILL not using it. I've got VM in a tank in Mindbender's lair. He's a botched clone. That's it. @l@

The ONLY thing I could think of for the VM figure was that it actually IS Serpentor but his cloned body is degenerating and getting F'd up. That's pretty sad. It's the best idea I could come up with and I'm STILL not using it. I've got VM in a tank in Mindbender's lair. He's a botched clone. That's it. @l@

Actually, I didn't go too in depth with VM's character for fear of running on and on like I tend to do. In my world, VM is indeed a continuation of the Serpentor Experiment. The Coil are Serpentor's most trusted followers, and he trusts no one else to lead them, but himself. So, he had a clone of himself made to rule over them. However, a clone of a clone is not quite 100% as good as the original, and VM has some issues. Overlord is there to help keep him in line. I think there is a ton of potential for the Vm figure.

Actually, I didn't go too in depth with VM's character for fear of running on and on like I tend to do. In my world, VM is indeed a continuation of the Serpentor Experiment. The Coil are Serpentor's most trusted followers, and he trusts no one else to lead them, but himself. So, he had a clone of himself made to rule over them. However, a clone of a clone is not quite 100% as good as the original, and VM has some issues. Overlord is there to help keep him in line. I think there is a ton of potential for the Vm figure.

When I read this I was totally like "V-Max???? V-Max who??? The Coil??? WTF???" So I went to the internet and did some reading....Holy S****, Dude!!!

I was a total hardcore GIJ collector. I go back to the 82 straight arm figs. I was there at the start and got them all. By 84, Joe became stupid and I bolted. I was totally like. I'm done. I'm outta here, Dude.

Sometimes I'd see something Joe that looked cool and I'd be all like maybe I bolted too soon. I wish I'd been there for Beachhead, the Crimson Guard, Hit&Run, the USS Flagg, Tunnel Rat and a few more.

THEN I read about something like this V-Max bulls*** and I'm like Holy s***! I'm too old for this cr@p!

BOT, Serpentor sux! CC was like a real terrorist. Serpentor was like having Doctor Doom in the middle of this realistic show/comic about the army. Worse! It's like having a ROB LIEFIELD DR.DOOM in the middle of Joe.

Eff Serpentor!

I prefered the way it was in the comics. Cobra Commander was the head guy, while Serpentor was created to be the "Public Face" of Cobra. He was the symbol to rally the Cobra Troops behind, and their General. Serpentor didn't even make a move against Cobra Commander for control of Cobra until after the real Cobra Commander was "killed" and replaced by a Crimson Guardsman.