Cobra Commander or Serpentor??

RobbieDigital

I figured its time for a good ole' fashioned geek debate.............Who was your favorite leader of Cobra?? I was always a Cobra Commander guy........Serpentor was cool and all but he never really was as cool as Cobra Commander to me.

I was just watching GI Joe the movie and was wondering where most of you guys stand??

Are you a Serpentor guy or a Cobra Commander guy??

Also, one of my favorite CC scenes from the cartoon is when CC sabotages the first Serpentor experiment....and then tries it a second time. Great Stuff.......

Cobra Commander all the way! Sure, he's flawed, and was mostly presented as comic relief on the show, but in the original comic series, even a faceless dictator eventually evolved into someone you could feel for. Serpentor, on the other hand, is too much of a Deus ex Machina for me. He should have been created with an inate expiration date, and that would have been it, like in Blade Runner. He'd have made for a good, quick story, and then we move on. CC doesn't need a genetic abberation to compete with - he has enough 'normal' people in his staff already who can fill that slot! I think Serpentor was the beginning of 'the end' as far as G I Joe's mainline popularity went. That's just me, though.

Cobra Commander.

I always pictured Serpentor's roll as something similar to the Klingon Emperor (TNG). Or Japan's emperial line during the Shogun period.

Serpentor is there as an "inspiriational figurehead" and maybe combat leader of large battles. But, as with the Shogun, Cobra Commander is the real leader of Cobra.

Cobra Commander, never really cared for Serpentor.

Cobra Commander.

I only followed the marvel comic, (the cartoon was annoying the few times I saw it). Serpentor was on of those things that I just try and pretend never really happened. Mind you he was presented quite well in the comic, the whole creation of him was cool but over all this character belonged to a different story, a different world, and Dr mindbender along with him.

Cobra Commander.

I always pictured Serpentor's roll as something similar to the Klingon Emperor (TNG). Or Japan's emperial line during the Shogun period.

Serpentor is there as an "inspiriational figurehead" and maybe combat leader of large battles. But, as with the Shogun, Cobra Commander is the real leader of Cobra.

My thinking mirrors this view as well.

Each man seeks to manipulate the other, but COBRA Commander squeaks out ahead by sheer nastiness.

Cobra Commander.

My thinking mirrors this view as well.

Each man seeks to manipulate the other, but COBRA Commander squeaks out ahead by sheer nastiness.

cant say it better my self.

for me, Serpentor was a tool created by Mindbender with the support of other cobra baddies to try to usurp control of cobra away from cc.

they got him out for a while, but cc just went along until he could have his opportunity to come back into power.

serpentor was just a temporary thing.... but cc has always been the real head of cobra

Wow.....everyone but nevermore chose CC. Doesn't seem much of a debate. Even if ol' Skarapz were to jump in, it still would be a severe beatin' for Serpy. Let me add to the pain....CC gets my vote! ;)

I am a Serpentor guy only because I believe he brought much more conflict in the whole power struggle story aspect. Cobra Commander was always attacking things to just run away when the poop hit the fan whereas when Serpentor came around it would be the Commanders bungling that would cause Cobra to fall short or have some sort of debackle. I say Serpentor, THIS I COMMAND!

I am a Serpentor guy only because I believe he brought much more conflict in the whole power struggle story aspect. Cobra Commander was always attacking things to just run away when the poop hit the fan whereas when Serpentor came around it would be the Commanders bungling that would cause Cobra to fall short or have some sort of debackle. I say Serpentor, THIS I COMMAND!

I agree that Serpentor helped bring more to the table but it became confusing as to who is the leader of Cobra. So I still say CC was better.