Gorilla Grodd baf. what do you think

pooda

as you know, dcuc wave 2 figures are starting to make rounds and like the previous wave, theres a BaF. some say that grodd dosent have enough articulation, and others think that its great, others dont care as long as its dcuc. tell us what you think.

Picture104.jpg

as you know, dcuc wave 2 figures are starting to make rounds and like the previous wave, theres a BaF. some say that grodd dosent have enough articulation, and others think that its great, others dont care as long as its dcuc. tell us what you think.

Picture104.jpg

It's perfect for my needs. (displaying)

Picture104.jpg

It's perfect for my needs. (displaying)

is it different than the DCD version? i dont collect DCD figs, i was just wondering.

Picture104.jpg

To be honest, the only way I know Grodd is from the cartoons. So in my mind, I think I would have liked him to be a little more... cartoony, I guess. He is very realistic looking, and that's nice, but for some reason, I don't look at him and say, "Ah, here's a super-advanced gorilla who also happens to be telepathic and can speak, etc". For me, it's more like he seems to be missing personality. Just looks like an ape wearing Cerebro, for some reason. As far as the physical nature, I think he's articulated just fine, as expected, and like I said, very realistic.

like ares said i'd like it to hav e more personality to set it apart from a typical gorilla and be more "cartoony". i wish they'd have gone just a bit more fantasy in their scupt. the dcd version is also a realsitic(angry faced) version.

the articualtion could have been a bit better since he is a gorilla and they are pretty spry

Picture104.jpg

He is very realistic looking, and that's nice, but for some reason, I don't look at him and say, "Ah, here's a super-advanced gorilla who also happens to be telepathic and can speak, etc". For me, it's more like he seems to be missing personality. Just looks like an ape wearing Cerebro, for some reason. As far as the physical nature, I think he's articulated just fine, as expected, and like I said, very realistic.

You said it perfectly and I couldn't agree more, that is the main thing, above the articulation is his lack of personality.

Picture104.jpg

He is very realistic looking, and that's nice, but for some reason, I don't look at him and say, "Ah, here's a super-advanced gorilla who also happens to be telepathic and can speak, etc". For me, it's more like he seems to be missing personality. Just looks like an ape wearing Cerebro, for some reason. As far as the physical nature, I think he's articulated just fine, as expected, and like I said, very realistic.

You said it perfectly and I couldn't agree more, that is the main thing, above the articulation is his lack of personality.

Maybe the Cerebro doohickey lobotomized him! Something else, too - this would be like an Alex Ross version, considering his realistic approach to depicting comic people.

I like the articulation and look of him.

I thought he could use a meaner face too showing his teeth. Something scary looking like he is going to bite of some heroes head.

I'd also like an Ultra Humanite and Monsieur Mallah with the Brain.

I have not been able to find the whole wave yet, so until I have him fully assembled & in my hands, I'll reserve judgement till then. So far I've found classic FS & today I found Black Manta at TRU!

The articulation for Grodd is ok. Don't really expect to pose him a lot. I think the DCUC and the Justice version of Grodd are both very similar. But I have to get him if I order series2 DCUC and he's the least likable characters to me so it doesnt matter how good he looks to me.

Two things Bro...

1. I wish that stupid Cerebro hat came off.

2. I wish he's knees bent. It's hard to make Grodd bend over.

Two things Bro...

Once I get the entire wave, I'm gonna throw Grodd under some hot water till the cerebro crap is soft enough to slice off with my exacto knife. I'm surprise no one has done this yet. My Grodd is gonna be a bruiser & use psychic mental blasts on anyone foolish enough to mess with him.

Two things Bro...

yeah...that would help. his mid section too. also i would have liked him to come with a cape. purple to be exact.

i like it a lot, i only wish (and i said this from the first day it was shown) that he had a bit more personality in the face, a sinister smirk would've fit Grodd nicely, theres a bit of emotion in it now, but he really does have too much generic gorilla in there

i like it a lot, i only wish (and i said this from the first day it was shown) that he had a bit more personality in the face, a sinister smirk would've fit Grodd nicely, theres a bit of emotion in it now, but he really does have too much generic gorilla in there
yeah! and a cape

Two things Bro...

Once I get the entire wave, I'm gonna throw Grodd under some hot water till the cerebro crap is soft enough to slice off with my exacto knife. I'm surprise no one has done this yet. My Grodd is gonna be a bruiser & use psychic mental blasts on anyone foolish enough to mess with him.

While I don't recommend this for novice toymakers, the Cerebro-type helmet can come off with a little pressure. WARNING if you do take it out the holes in Grodd's head are fairly visible.

On another subject, I like it alot. I only wish he had an angrier face.

Two things Bro...

While I don't recommend this for novice toymakers, the Cerebro-type helmet can come off with a little pressure. WARNING if you do take it out the holes in Grodd's head are fairly visible.

I have some Apoxie sculpt that will take care of that & then a paint over. What color is Grodd's fur, greyish black?

Well, let's see. All I've seen is a Red Superman, and all I have is a right arm, so my opinion right now of him is pretty weak.

You can do a lot with just those two things:

DCUC2l.jpg

But yeah, I like him better than the DC Direct one because he DID come with a mind control thingy and was NOT stuck yelling forever and was bigger. The articulation is just as sparse as the DCD one though, too bad.

DCUC2j.jpg

I like the face the way it is. Grodd's supposed to be a super intelligent, machiavellian schemer, not a snarling animal. The way they did his face has a darkly thoughtful vibe to it. Like he's thinking "there are twenty ways I could kill you right now..." @firedevil@

Still, maybe an articulated jaw like ML's first Beast figure would've been cool.

that might of worked. but as smart as he was he still yelled when fighting. but now i think a smerk wouldve worked( and a cape)