Fin Fang Foom $159.92 plus tax

nagauthier

So it looks like we've got confirmation that the Foom Hulk figures will be $19.99 each. I was pissed enough about the initial $15.99 reports, but now it looks like I'm actually going to have to resign myself to never having Foom. I just can't justify paying that much for a bunch of Hulks that I don't want.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Hasbro's MSRP. Traditionally, chains (especially Wal-Mart) sell for slightly less than the MSRP so that the customer feels like they're getting a bargain.

Not saying it'll drop back down to $15-16, but chances are good someone will be selling them for under $20.

EDIT: Actually, that appears to be 'ARP', which is 'average retail price'. That means that Hasbro is taking a stab at an average based on what they expect EVERY retailer (including some who love to markup toys) to sell them for. They're taking into account Diamond, Kohl's, and so on... so chances are actually very good that chains like Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Target will be selling them for less.

i think the comic co exclusive (from what ive heard) will be in the price range of 130-160, i will most likly get it there though, just to have the complete line early

wooooow pricey, dont you think thats a bit much????, their was so much at the convention im confused and lost and a bit annoyed but i think hasbro are pricey.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for the exclusive to be less. Heck, I wouldn't get your hopes up to even get it if you go to SDCC judging by the number they're supposed to have. That thing will sell out in the first few hours of the first day.

What makes me really sad is when I think about Toy Biz action figures like Juggernaut, Apocalypse, Bishop, Abomination, Face-off Hulk, Beast, and many others that were just as big, much better in sculpting, articulation, and paint and all for twelve dollars less(not to mention with a comic book and base or accessory)...tear...

The thing that gets me is just how out of hand the inflation has gotten. I'd expect a little inflation with rising fuel and material costs, but this is over a 100% mark-up from TB Legends. That is unnaceptable to me. $12-$13 per figure for this wave I could swallow, but at $20 each I think they're experimenting to find out just how much they can sucker us into paying.

There was clarification that the $19.99 price tag was a typo.

Also you are aware what plastic is made from, right?

This is ridiculous. Welcome to a word that not only allows corporate greed…but defends it. Sure plastics made from oil. We’re all aware of that. What I’m not aware of is how on gods green Earth a single figure could cost me $20. I don’t care how big the B-A-F is! I can scarcely justify myself paying almost $10 for ML‘s. This isn’t a matter of rising oil prices. This is a matter of being ripped off and told it’s as a result of rising oil prices. Fact of the matter is, we don’t know what is the actual cost and what isn’t! If you want my take, it’s pretty apparent that Hasbro has tacked on a few dollars to the price tag for more personal profit…and they’re willing to lie to get it. Welcome to a world run by money.

wooooow pricey, dont you think thats a bit much????, their was so much at the convention im confused and lost and a bit annoyed but i think hasbro are pricey.

i always send a lot at SDCC,last year it was over $300,and the year before that it was around $180, but this year im gunna try to keep it around $200

This is ridiculous. Welcome to a word that not only allows corporate greed…but defends it. Sure plastics made from oil. We’re all aware of that. What I’m not aware of is how on gods green Earth a single figure could cost me $20. I don’t care how big the B-A-F is! I can scarcely justify myself paying almost $10 for ML‘s. This isn’t a matter of rising oil prices. This is a matter of being ripped off and told it’s as a result of rising oil prices. Fact of the matter is, we don’t know what is the actual cost and what isn’t! If you want my take, it’s pretty apparent that Hasbro has tacked on a few dollars to the price tag for more personal profit…and they’re willing to lie to get it. Welcome to a world run by money.

it was a typo, its not $20, there $15, i know not that much of an improvement but still

Marvel Legends originally came out at $7.99 in 2002 ?? Now it is almost three times as much ?? Wowwoweee !!?? Alas, I will have to live on Ramen noodles and 99 cent burgers to afford these things !! Gotta tighten up the belt and wait eight long months for that Black Bolt . . . boo hoo.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for the exclusive to be less. Heck, I wouldn't get your hopes up to even get it if you go to SDCC judging by the number they're supposed to have. That thing will sell out in the first few hours of the first day.

If you purchased your badge last year or online, you get to pick up 1 day before (on thursday) it's called preview night and have access to the floor, chances are you get to buy it before most people. I know NECA sells their exclusives even on preview night, not sure about Hasbro though. Good luck to everyone, I'm only interested in the the Savage Land set.

noo hasbro is smart they have speciffic quantities for each day, they've had it like this for the past 3 years i've been, if its out of 100%, 15% will be used on thursday, 35% Friday, 35% Saturday, and 15% sunday. plus you have to do this dumb ticket thing where you have to pick a ticket out of a bag.

imagine this, at least 400 people standing in a giant line, the line is split up into 10 smaller lines, and a person goes around with a bag to the front of each line, a person draw a ticket out, theres 2 kinds though a white and a pink ticket, if you get a pink one you have to come back the next day to get in another line to then buy your exclusives, which you then limited in the amount of items you can buy, but if you get a white ticket you have to wait until the next ticket give away(there were 3 ticket chances aday, morning, lunch, and evening) to try again to get a pink ticket. o and in this bag theres probably 100 pink tickets and at least 300 white tickets,i swear im not exaggerating this, this is what they used last year, and lots of people had problems with it and complain to the CC officials so its not likely to stick, but it could if they revise it.

i lucky got a pink ticket and was able to buy my crap, but they were sold out of some things already and it was only friday evening.

Marvel Legends originally came out at $7.99 in 2002 ?? Now it is almost three times as much ?? Wowwoweee !!?? Alas, I will have to live on Ramen noodles and 99 cent burgers to afford these things !! Gotta tighten up the belt and wait eight long months for that Black Bolt . . . boo hoo.

Regular ML figures are $10 (like the Black Bolt you mention). Hulk figures are going to be $15.

Even with the $20 mistake, I'm not finding the 'three times' you mention anywhere in this.

This is ridiculous. Welcome to a word that not only allows corporate greed…but defends it. Sure plastics made from oil. We’re all aware of that. What I’m not aware of is how on gods green Earth a single figure could cost me $20. I don’t care how big the B-A-F is! I can scarcely justify myself paying almost $10 for ML‘s.

Considering that LCBH was $10 a pop, and DCUC is $10 a pop, Spawn figures have been $10 a pop for years, and MLs were, yes, $10 a pop before Hasbro...

I'm not sure what you think you were paying before, but $10 is pretty much the standard. Trying to 'justify' it is a matter of taking the entire industry to task, not just Hasbro.

The Hulk figures... that's a totally separate issue. Using $10 as an outrage to springboard an outrage for $15 just isn't making any sense.

Welcome to a world run by money.

Welcome to the rest of the world. Check your naivete at the door.

welcome to my hell. 160usd means 300usd with delivery to my hometown. so who wants to be in my place? @jump# @jump# @jump# thanks HASBRO.

If your tax laws permit, get a side business started doing something that involves the use of the figures in some way ( I use them for reference material) and then you can probably write them off as a tax deduction ( which I do.)

Helps soften the blow of the cost--and I've been paying roughly double ( US prices) for my ML figures for years now up here in Canada

If your tax laws permit, get a side business started doing something that involves the use of the figures in some way ( I use them for reference material) and then you can probably write them off as a tax deduction ( which I do.)

I'm curious... do you just write them off as a 'business expense' personally, or have you established an "Arrow, Inc." that you attribute them to?

I'm just trying to figure out if by 'side business' you actually mean start a business, or just to get involved in something that pays that you can use to your advantage.

noo hasbro is smart they have speciffic quantities for each day, they've had it like this for the past 3 years i've been, if its out of 100%, 15% will be used on thursday, 35% Friday, 35% Saturday, and 15% sunday. plus you have to do this dumb ticket thing where you have to pick a ticket out of a bag.

imagine this, at least 400 people standing in a giant line, the line is split up into 10 smaller lines, and a person goes around with a bag to the front of each line, a person draw a ticket out, theres 2 kinds though a white and a pink ticket, if you get a pink one you have to come back the next day to get in another line to then buy your exclusives, which you then limited in the amount of items you can buy, but if you get a white ticket you have to wait until the next ticket give away(there were 3 ticket chances aday, morning, lunch, and evening) to try again to get a pink ticket. o and in this bag theres probably 100 pink tickets and at least 300 white tickets,i swear im not exaggerating this, this is what they used last year, and lots of people had problems with it and complain to the CC officials so its not likely to stick, but it could if they revise it.

i lucky got a pink ticket and was able to buy my crap, but they were sold out of some things already and it was only friday evening.

wouldn't they just do the tickets for the foom hulk set since it has a low production number. nothing else has a low production number. otherwise that would be completely ridiculous. if you are in line or any line you should be able to purchase the exclusives you want without the hassle of pulling tickets and hope you get lucky.