2008 NYCC: Marvel Legends

JayC

Things Im worried/thinking about is:

1) How hard it will be to find these figures when they come out. Think about it... they all come out during the Christmas shopping season.. . which is the scalpers favorite time of the year. I say GL finding these on the shelves before January 1st.

2) Hasbro seems to really be stepping up with the ML's, but whats up with the Gold/Silver Variants for Spiral?

3) Whats up with the crazy colored arm for the Skrull???

All i have to say is ...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABOUT TIME HAsbro!!!

I Like. I like ALOT!!!!

RED Hulk....WOW! Grey HULK ....WOW!!

2 Packs.WOW WOW!!

Articulation on all figs.....F*kin WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Got our Messages & Our attention!!!!!

Now Bring it on!!!

What is the BAF for the SPIRAL asss.???????? Any one Know????

its the red hulk

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) How hard it will be to find these figures when they come out. Think about it... they all come out during the Christmas shopping season.. . which is the scalpers favorite time of the year. I say GL finding these on the shelves before January 1st.

2) Hasbro seems to really be stepping up with the ML's, but whats up with the Gold/Silver Variants for Spiral?

All i have to say is ...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABOUT TIME HAsbro!!!

I Like. I like ALOT!!!!

RED Hulk....WOW! Grey HULK ....WOW!!

2 Packs.WOW WOW!!

Articulation on all figs.....F*kin WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Got our Messages & Our attention!!!!!

Now Bring it on!!!

What is the BAF for the SPIRAL asss.???????? Any one Know????

Boy, are you up on something ? or had too much medication?

For me it's only cool to see what characters are coming out.

After seeing the sweet painted prototypes of the FF wave @ SDCC last year and the bland unpainted figures that actually came out its hard to get too pumped up.

Anyone notice more pics have been added showing some of the figures from the Holocaust wave?! The Punisher, DD, and even stupid cat-faced Beast look GREAT!!!

where are those???? i cant find them??

edit: nevermind, im stupid :wacko: @smilepunch@

They were added to the set of pics that were already shown.

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/generated/200..._scaled_600.jpg

Theres your cowardly lion Beast (I REALLY hope he is a Skrull!)

Anyone notice more pics have been added showing some of the figures from the Holocaust wave?! The Punisher, DD, and even stupid cat-faced Beast look GREAT!!!

Pricing first. Did you guys miss the pricing correction?? The Hulk figs are $14.99 not $19.99. The regular MLs are still $9.99, so even though plastic is made from gas, they aren't going up again.

OK, new pics of the Holocaust wave are nice. I do like my cat-faced beast a little bit cross-eyed. Hope the FA DareDevil is still coming and both BlackBolt, though I wish the variant was an Illuminati version.

So what did we lose from the Hulk wave that we saw?? Valkyrie, Red King, Ed McGuiness Hulk.

I'm I right in the FFF is now King Hulk, Savage She Hulk, SKarr, Hulk The End, Grey Hulk, Absorbing Man, Doc Sampson, and Wendigo?? That's 8 and the card says collect all 8.

Keep feeding us pics. I'm both elated and bummed. I've been starved for figs for so long, at first look I love the figs, then I look at the new DC Universe figs and wonder why these new MLs are missing the "magic".

Guess we'll see what the end result is after they push it all back to Winter of 2010.

GEEK

Some real gems in there. I like the gRey Hulk, despite the poor choice of hand pose, but hey... beats my custom Ultimate Hulk, so I'm down for that upgrade.

I even kinda like the Wolverine repaint because with a headswitch to say... XMC Ninja Strike Logan, you've got a decent enough version of Ultimate Wolverine, although I'm acutely aware that my likings of Ultimate characters is shared by very few of you.

Not much into the Red Hulk, but maybe when I check out the upcoming issues featuring Thor, my mind might change.

There's an awful lot of repaints in amongst this lot though, but atleast the new sculpts etc are of decent quality. Indeed, it appears that when people stray away from "HASBRO SUCKS! DEATH TO HASBRO!", they actually listen to us and get to work to sort out what we want and are willing to pay our hard-earned money for... even if some of them are exclusives.

Regardless, I'll definitely be tapping up eBay for a fair few figures this year by the looks of it.

Red Hulk's gonna be a BAF?!? Aw man, what a kick in the crotch, I've been wanting the green Hulk as a BAF for awhile now. *sigh*

Looking at those Hulk ML wave pics has made me decide I'll be buying them after all, even at the higher price.....I'm so weak.

Look up plastic on wikipedia and see what its made from... then you might have a little less heartburn when it comes to the prices man.

EDIT: Aw hell I'll just post it here for all of you people that are crying about the cost of figures:

For decades one of the great appeals of plastics has been their low price. Yet in recent years the cost of plastics has been rising dramatically. A major cause is the sharply rising cost of petroleum, the raw material that is chemically altered to form commercial plastics.

With some observers suggesting that future oil reserves are uncertain, the price of petroleum may increase further. Therefore, alternatives are being sought. Oil shale and tar oil are alternatives for plastic production but are expensive. Scientists are seeking cheaper and better alternatives to petroleum-based plastics, and many candidates are in laboratories all over the world. One promising alternative may be fructose [9]. - taken from Wikipedia regarding plastic

I take insult to that. Do you think we’re all dense? Planning to put up the answers for basic addition and subtraction tables next? I’m well aware of what plastics made from. What I’m not is a sucker! If you’re not only willing to buy these for this absurd price but go as far as to defend it…you can stamp sucker on your forehead. I’m sorry but that’s how I see it. This has become disgusting. All you need to do is a basic toy aisle comparison. Marvel Legends have now become the equivalent of DCD toys. When I walk through the aisles and see the other companies offerings, it’s never as highly priced as Hasbro’s. Even when Hasbro makes tiny little 3’’ figures…they’re priced nearly as much as the larger. That makes sense! Do they feel that the Marvel logo warrants higher prices? Our mindless obedience to Marvel will force us to pay absurd prices? They’re abusing the logo. We're not SW collectors - though actually I am but you get my point. Would they argue they're using more expensive plastics? By the looks of plastic compared to Toybiz’s Legends, just eyeballing it, Hasbro certainly uses the cheaper. Truth is this is corporate greed. Blindly deny it all you like, you won’t change my take.

In my local Wal-Mart, LCBH is the same price as ML. That says to me that even if Toy Biz was still making the figures, they'd be $10. DCUC averages $10 a pop as well. McFarlane... has been that much or more for years now. Going to the 3-4" height, GI Joes cost about the same as the comparatively-sized Ben 10 figures.

If you want to be upset about the Hulk waves, that's cool... but they aren't out yet, so those aren't the figures you're referring to. I'm not sure where you get this 'nothing is as expensive as Hasbro' idea. Most of their prices seem to reflect the rest of the toy aisle.

Gallery UPDATED with more picks of holocaust Nova, and all of HML series 4

here

What is the blond head for? MORPH as Forge or Wolverine? Anyway, that would be "my" Morph...hahaha

IMG_7485__scaled_600.jpg

It's Clint "Hawkeye" for the Ronin figure.

What is the blond head for? MORPH as Forge or Wolverine? Anyway, that would be "my" Morph...hahaha

IMG_7485__scaled_600.jpg

It's been stated multiple times that the blond head is Ronin/Clint Barton.

And Morph has brown hair.

Honestly, I'm a little concerned at all the tiny things people are finding to nitpick over, and yet so many people are willing to overlook something like the totally wrong hair color (and style!) if it means they can have a minor character from a decade-old cartoon who was never in the comics in that form among their comic-based figures.

I have a custom ML Morph figure myself... and this reaction still scares me a bit.

IMG_7485__scaled_600.jpg

Honestly, I'm a little concerned at all the tiny things people are finding to nitpick over, and yet so many people are willing to overlook something like the totally wrong hair color (and style!) if it means they can have a minor character from a decade-old cartoon who was never in the comics in that form among their comic-based figures.

I have a custom ML Morph figure myself... and this reaction still scares me a bit.

There's only one Morph...

morph-2.jpg

IMG_7485__scaled_600.jpg

why are you nitpicking, on everything everyone else is nitpicking on?

:D

Geekfest! I'm so happy to see these. Say what you like about the prices (wait until 2nd market) and location (I live in Stoke-on-Trent and I've got every figure fine for retail or less compared so far via online stores and eBay) but Hasbro has pulled a warren full of rabbits out of this hat.

We wanted army builders, obscure characters, a decent symbiote Spidey, a large FFF, lots of characters and a return to the double knees/elbows. Hasbro has delivered and you can't deny that. Sure there's no paint washes on most but fudge it, I'm still stoked to get most of these :D

Sure there's no paint washes on most but fudge it, I'm still stoked to get most of these

And paint washes are so easy to learn how to do.

Its also the best way to get a paint wash effect done the way you want it--because you can control the whole thing.

I'm not. I'm wondering why no one is nitpicking over this.

Definition of irony: When people are willing to be happy with something they made up, even though the details would be wrong if it were true, while simultaneously complaining about details in the things that are real.

@smilepunch@

Yeah. Besides I was going to stick the Clint head on a hand ninja for a custom ninja He-Man.

Anyone else think they can do better on the Tigra face now that we've seen the new Electra??

GEEK

I am really mad at Hasbro for making the Nemesis wave a Wal Mart Exclusive. My Wal Mart never repeat NEVER gets the exclusives for whatever reason. I never saw the Giant Man Wave and the only way I got it was through theouterreaches.com.