2008 NYCC: Marvel Legends

JayC

FO DD sucks. Those huge ball joint shoulders look so stupid.

BTW, good news: HML4 Black Wolverine is getting a variant....Tiger Stripe Wolverine.

No FO DD is great. While removing the ball joint shoulders would be an improvement lots of the best MLs ever made have large ball joint shoulders. And DD's are smaller than most theirs. Iron Fist, Sabertooth, Silver Surfer, Deadpool all have huge ball joint shoulders. People praise all those figures. FO DD is great, nuff said.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay can we agree to disagree? i don't really want this to turn into another lemonhead disaster.

of course! people can easily decide based on those pics

yes it is carnage. it was first sculpted for a carnage and since nothing ever changes with hasbro , so it stays carnage for me. what i wanna know, on the picture there is another black suited spider-man in the back. the white spider looks a lot like the ultimate clone saga spiderman without the six arms. did anyone noticed that?

that is toxin, he is often skinny in the comic,

and i did notice that black suit spidey, its weird.... lol

and i have a couple questions :)

1. is the nick fury sheild agents a variant, or just an extra head?!?!?!?! because the card at his feet says, Sheild agent (fury), and ninja (red) , is this implying the fury is sold as a variant with a different color hand ninja??

2. why doses this new mcfarlaine spiderman re-release kinda look like a stan lee spidey mold??? is that how his hands and arms and feet look, ive never seen him in person before, and why did they repaint him that color???? they should have a variant painted as the origional lighter blue,

3.why is it only now that these new iron spideys are being released that you can have the scarlet spiders??? dont they all look the same? couldnt you have just bought 3 of the spiderman origins one?? is one like clear and one like each of the other colors??? why is there a clear variant? was that in the comics??? what is the deal on the scarlet spiders??

okay can we agree to disagree? i don't really want this to turn into another lemonhead disaster.

of course! people can easily decide based on those pics

yes it is carnage. it was first sculpted for a carnage and since nothing ever changes with hasbro , so it stays carnage for me. what i wanna know, on the picture there is another black suited spider-man in the back. the white spider looks a lot like the ultimate clone saga spiderman without the six arms. did anyone noticed that?

that is toxin, he is often skinny in the comic,

and i did notice that black suit spidey, its weird.... lol

and i have a couple questions :)

1. is the nick fury sheild agents a variant, or just an extra head?!?!?!?! because the card at his feet says, Sheild agent (fury), and ninja (red) , is this implying the fury is sold as a variant with a different color hand ninja??

2. why doses this new mcfarlaine spiderman re-release kinda look like a stan lee spidey mold??? is that how his hands and arms and feet look, ive never seen him in person before, and why did they repaint him that color???? they should have a variant painted as the origional lighter blue,

3.why is it only now that these new iron spideys are being released that you can have the scarlet spiders??? dont they all look the same? couldnt you have just bought 3 of the spiderman origins one?? is one like clear and one like each of the other colors??? why is there a clear variant? was that in the comics??? what is the deal on the scarlet spiders??

To speak on your first statement look at the label it says Carnage on it

Question 1 the sheild agent comes with interchangable heads and things to look like Nick Fury or a Shield agent

Question 2 Don't know

Question 3 They are re-releasing the Iron Spider-Man sculpt for the Scarlet Spiders because they were in Avengers Initiative.

WOW, 10 pages!!! MArvel Legends is exciting again!!

Lots of Army Building options. While I like the Skrulls, Dont think Ineed an army of Kree .... gonna have to some creating trading or customizing there..

The Hand/ SHIELD have my money ...and I need to start saving now!!! They look great!

aside the long wait for HML-4, I do want to build Fin Fang Foom. Hopefully 2008 will end well for my ML fix.

JUST because it says carnage,doesnt mean it is intended to be him.they have a monkey working the labels.

tell me when has carnage ever has black arms and feet?

only toxin has those.or from my understanding.someone should ask a hasbro rep.even if it says classic carnage most people will still use it as a toxin,except the ones who go by what is written on the package,which is weird.

Thank you for waiting until now, the month of release for ML Nemesis Wave, to admit you're postponing it another eight months. Hasbro, you suck.

we are lucky that we're even gettin em.hasbro was in the verge of cancelling legends.

dont be ungreatful,its probably the only way they could get them out.

Thank you for waiting until now, the month of release for ML Nemesis Wave, to admit you're postponing it another eight months. Hasbro, you suck.

But they are coming. And from all accounts, they look better. And there's going to be a ton of other stuff around that time too.

All in all, any amount of ire seems pretty childish.

The Scarlet Spiders weren't in the comics at the time that the Iron Spidey mold was first put out. Not only that, but they're still being marketed as "Iron Spider-Man", not Scarlet Spiders, so Hasbro is probably going more for the "cool Spidey look that people want" rather than "this serves double-duty in the comics, so the comic-oriented fans will buy multiples"... well, maybe that is at the back of their minds, but I doubt it was the main reason. There is a clear variant because the Iron Spidey/Scarlet Spider suits have a cloaking feature... and it looks cool.

As for buying three of the Origins one... I never even saw three of that sucker, and I sure as heck never thought I'd want three of him at the time. There's probably a lot of people in that same boat.

BTW, good news: HML4 Black Wolverine is getting a variant....Tiger Stripe Wolverine.

No FO DD is great. While removing the ball joint shoulders would be an improvement lots of the best MLs ever made have large ball joint shoulders. And DD's are smaller than most theirs. Iron Fist, Sabertooth, Silver Surfer, Deadpool all have huge ball joint shoulders. People praise all those figures. FO DD is great, nuff said.

FO DD has nothing on SMC DD. And SMC DD will have nothing on HML5 DD. :)

FO DD has nothing on SMC DD. And SMC DD will have nothing on HML5 DD. :)

SMC series 2 DD is a midget and reuses black spidey's body. SMC series 6 DD is also inferior to FO. SMC6's head sculpt is no where as good. I have evey DD figure so I have no reason to be biased. The upcoming Wal-Mart exclusive DD is going to be too small and will only look ok if he's hanging out with Hasbro's midget Silver Surfer and FO Modular Iron Man.

I've been looking forward to a good Daredevil for a long time and this guy is it. I definitely want both versions and if it means E-Bay because I can't find the exclusive, so be it.

As far as the timing of the Walmart exclusive wave, I'm sure WM insisted they have their exclusive around Christmas time, when action figures actually move quickly.

FO DD is the best ever. Those huge ball joint shoulders look so awesome.

Where the hell did you hear that Target black Wolverine is getting a Tiger Stripe Variant? I've haven't seen that anywhere. They sure as hell didn't show him in the display case at NYCC...

Things Im worried/thinking about is:

1) How hard it will be to find these figures when they come out. Think about it... they all come out during the Christmas shopping season.. . which is the scalpers favorite time of the year. I say GL finding these on the shelves before January 1st.

2) Hasbro seems to really be stepping up with the ML's, but whats up with the Gold/Silver Variants for Spiral?

3) Whats up with the crazy colored arm for the Skrull???

All i have to say is ...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABOUT TIME HAsbro!!!

I Like. I like ALOT!!!!

RED Hulk....WOW! Grey HULK ....WOW!!

2 Packs.WOW WOW!!

Articulation on all figs.....F*kin WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Got our Messages & Our attention!!!!!

Now Bring it on!!!

What is the BAF for the SPIRAL asss.???????? Any one Know????

Sorry to drop a bomb on you but the red Hulk is the BAF.

they had the balls to cancel icons.......

They just traded that with Marvel Unleashed to save money on plastic.

they still cancelled the line called "Icons".They went from 12 inch or so to 7.

and many people would have prefered Icons to unleashed.

I absolutely love the Black Wolverine.

For those who may not know,it's based on the costume from the variant cover to Uncanny X-Men #381 (down to the belt buckle).Even though it was'nt seen in the comic and just on the cover,that costume rules.I actually remember paying extra for that issue just because I liked that costume so much.Please stop bashing it.I would hate for Hasbro to cut it from the line because of too many complaining about it.

I would never complain about other figures being made,just because I don't like them,if just for the fans that want them.There's room for everyone (even the Wrecking Crew)!

The Black Spidey is great too considering it's the first Legend version being made.The Classics version was just a repackaged Marvel Select was'nt it?He had way too tall of a mid-section.The new one looks like the definitive version to me.

As for that Carnage being Toxin: only if you are partially to fully blind or have never read the comics.

tell me when has carnage ever has black arms and feet?

Ultimate Carnage had black arms and legs....and the lighter coloured chest. I'd say its a safe bet thats what they based this figures look on.

I really want to avoid getting my hopes up for the Spider-man line. I really want most of series 3, but I have this wonderful feeling with series 1(I may support it and get a couple of the figs) and 2 (I need a Shocker) warming pegs the only place to get them will be online and they'll be like a lot of the figures in the last X-men Toybiz line =(. Hasbro should not have released the first wave like it did...