2008 NYCC: Marvel Legends

JayC

I like the Punisher variant.

Tigra has this funny plain-Jane face going on that makes me chuckle.

That blue-and-yellow Wolverine will be quickly decapitated and receive the Morph-mod if possible. Not so good are those heads.

The ball-joint limbs on the Hulk wave really hurt it. I want Foom, but few of those figures will be displayed.

Ironically the Red Hulk wave will be the first one where I get all the figures not for the purposes of completing the BAF.

I'll repeat what I said earlier: good job Hasbro.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Punisher variant.

Tigra has this funny plain-Jane face going on that makes me chuckle.

That blue-and-yellow Wolverine will be quickly decapitated and receive the Morph-mod if possible. Not so good are those heads.

The ball-joint limbs on the Hulk wave really hurt it. I want Foom, but few of those figures will be displayed.

Ironically the Red Hulk wave will be the first one where I get all the figures not for the purposes of completing the BAF.

I'll repeat what I said earlier: good job Hasbro.

pretty much a ditto

I spoke to the Hasbro rep, a very nice guy from marketing named Scott, and asked him another round of questions.

First, some good news regarding the last wave of Icons which includes Colossus, Nightcrawler, Daredevil and Phoenix. He said that Hasbro is working on a distribution method, perhaps an exclusive to a retailer such as TRU. There are no plans at this point for any further waves of Icons though.

The third wave of Spider-Man 3 movie Super-Hero Squad did have a short distribution period due to timing. Some of the figures, like Kraven, may be worked back into future waves of the main line.

It is unknown yet whether the upcoming ML exclusives will have international distribution, but the Hasbro rep promised to reasearch it and let Jay know.

There are more new characters who be included in the Spider-Man Classics line. The ones in wave 4 and 5 will be revealed at SDCC, though Tarantula has already been disclosed.

The reason for the increased price point for the Hulk lines is primarily due to the large sizes of the figures and the subsequent need for more plastic. Also that Fing Fang Foom is huge!

They (Hasbro) decided to take the number of figures in the wave down so that fans wouldn't be forced to buy 8 figures to get the Foom. They are going to try and work Valkyrie and Red King into future waves of ML, as they also are for Storm.

The molds for the runners-up of the Wizard contest have not been trashed. Hasbro will be looking to get those characters out to us one way or another in the future, there are no announcements as to specific plans at this point.

I spoke to the Hasbro rep, a very nice guy from marketing named Scott, and asked him another round of questions.

First, some good news regarding the last wave of Icons which includes Colossus, Nightcrawler, Daredevil and Phoenix. He said that Hasbro is working on a distribution method, perhaps an exclusive to a retailer such as TRU. There are no plans at this point for any further waves of Icons though.

The third wave of Spider-Man 3 movie Super-Hero Squad did have a short distribution period due to timing. Some of the figures, like Kraven, may be worked back into future waves of the main line.

It is unknown yet whether the upcoming ML exclusives will have international distribution, but the Hasbro rep promised to reasearch it and let Jay know.

There are more new characters who be included in the Spider-Man Classics line. The ones in wave 4 and 5 will be revealed at SDCC, though Tarantula has already been disclosed.

The reason for the increased price point for the Hulk lines is primarily due to the large sizes of the figures and the subsequent need for more plastic. Also that Fing Fang Foom is huge!

They (Hasbro) decided to take the number of figures in the wave so that fans wouldn't be forced to buy 8 figures to get the Foom. They are going to try and work Valkyrie and Red King into future waves of ML, as they also are for Storm.

The molds for the runners-up of the Wizard contest have not been trashed. Hasbro will be looking to get those characters out to us one way or another in the future, there are no announcements as to specific plans at this point.

damn this guy is handling the business over there, thanks a bunch man, i really appreciate hearing this fro the reps over there, i think ill probably do this for SDCC, i might set up a forum and just have people ask questions for me to ask the reps at the booth

They (Hasbro) decided to take the number of figures in the wave so that fans wouldn't be forced to buy 8 figures to get the Foom. They are going to try and work Valkyrie and Red King into future waves of ML, as they also are for Storm.

you are the man :D thanks for asking all the question for us @notworthy@ @notworthy@ @notworthy@ thanks for asking about the kraven figure. i realy apreciate it.

They (Hasbro) decided to take the number of figures in the wave so that fans wouldn't be forced to buy 8 figures to get the Foom.

This statement makes no sense to me. How would you build Foom without eight figures?

well they could have added in at least 2 more, because 2 of the series figs come with a wing and an arm, so they could have just given the arm to one fig and added another fig to the line to give the wing to

I'd just like to take a second to thank everyone getting this info out to us - JayC, ransomz and the rest of the crew.

We all appreciate it!

i'm with this guy with these people running the show people like Lemonhead would turn this place upside down. nice info guy and can't wait to meet some of you at the SDCC.

They (Hasbro) decided to take the number of figures in the wave so that fans wouldn't be forced to buy 8 figures to get the Foom.

This statement makes no sense to me. How would you build Foom without eight figures?

well they could have added in at least 2 more, because 2 of the series figs come with a wing and an arm, so they could have just given the arm to one fig and added another fig to the line to give the wing to

I'm aware of that. The follow-up about Valkyrie and Red King makes me think he meant that '...fans wouldn't be forced to buy 10 figures...'

But I figured it was best to ask for clarification.

what are you guys thinking about nova? i dont know but the minimates nova looks realy better then this no?

I'm going with no. He's a little flat-looking... but that's more of a fault in his costume than Hasbro.

Honestly, and this is really the 6 year-old in me talking, but I love the idea of sparkly plastic on him. He's a cosmic character; they can do it and get away with it, and I think they should. The yellow on his costume should be gold to match and give it an overall shine, though- it looks kinda mustard in the pic.

isnt nova's costume supposed to be like an armor, a tiny bit similar to iron man, or am i completely wrong again.

isnt nova's costume supposed to be like an armor, a tiny bit similar to iron man, or am i completely wrong again.

see that what i am missing about him. i thought he had some sort of armor around him and magic 8 ball is right about the painting. the blue is good but that mustard color isnt. it looks kind of not interesting for me. nova went from a b list of mine into an a list. i dont know why. there was a hype around him lately. the same happend with spider woman ( jessica drew) when she was joining the avengers.

Things Im worried/thinking about is:

1) How hard it will be to find these figures when they come out. Think about it... they all come out during the Christmas shopping season.. . which is the scalpers favorite time of the year. I say GL finding these on the shelves before January 1st.

2) Hasbro seems to really be stepping up with the ML's, but whats up with the Gold/Silver Variants for Spiral?

3) Whats up with the crazy colored arm for the Skrull???

All i have to say is ...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABOUT TIME HAsbro!!!

I Like. I like ALOT!!!!

RED Hulk....WOW! Grey HULK ....WOW!!

2 Packs.WOW WOW!!

Articulation on all figs.....F*kin WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Got our Messages & Our attention!!!!!

Now Bring it on!!!

What is the BAF for the SPIRAL asss.???????? Any one Know????

its the red hulk

Oh,...COOL! Thanks 4 the Reply.

......Kinda Small....But Cool!

oh man i dont live in the u.s, how can i get those now :(

I will help you out. This is why us collectors need to come together and help each other out and not let the scalpers get first dibs and then jack up the prices! Also we need any collectors that work for both Walmart & Target to give us the heads up since we have the SKU#s (this will help right?). I ,for one, know of someone who knows someone that works at Walmart and I plan on using that connection.

Like I said, with these being exclusives we need to make sure that we the collectors unite and help out our other brothers and sisters and not allow scalpers to make a profit off of us!! We need to use this forum to track where and when they show up.

Anyway, now that I see proof, I am sooo glad that ML is not being canceled. All look great! I really was looking forward to ML4 and to know that it is still on the way, even though it is later this year, I am happy!

-robbie

Things Im worried/thinking about is:

1) How hard it will be to find these figures when they come out. Think about it... they all come out during the Christmas shopping season.. . which is the scalpers favorite time of the year. I say GL finding these on the shelves before January 1st.

2) Hasbro seems to really be stepping up with the ML's, but whats up with the Gold/Silver Variants for Spiral?

3) Whats up with the crazy colored arm for the Skrull???

All i have to say is ...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABOUT TIME HAsbro!!!

I Like. I like ALOT!!!!

RED Hulk....WOW! Grey HULK ....WOW!!

2 Packs.WOW WOW!!

Articulation on all figs.....F*kin WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Got our Messages & Our attention!!!!!

Now Bring it on!!!

What is the BAF for the SPIRAL asss.???????? Any one Know????

Boy, are you up on something ? or had too much medication?

..??? Yo! Don't go there DUDE. @grumpy@

see that what i am missing about him. i thought he had some sort of armor around him and magic 8 ball is right about the painting. the blue is good but that mustard color isnt. it looks kind of not interesting for me. nova went from a b list of mine into an a list. i dont know why. there was a hype around him lately. the same happend with spider woman ( jessica drew) when she was joining the avengers.

now he would be an awesome fig if he had some solid armoring detail and if they fixed that mustard yellow, i would defiantly want him then, but rite now i might just get him to build holocaust