2008 NYCC: Marvel Legends

JayC

And FYI, that Bi-Beast seems to have swivel joint shoulders. He actually has pretty good detailing, but swivel shoulders is a deal breaker for me.

Also, when I asked about the Wrecking Crew there was an awkward silence followed by a knowing smile. This means there is no official confirmation yet, but there is cause for hope.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Washes, anyone?? How come thing only things with washes are Doc Sampson's hair and BiBeast??? Those Shield guys are so shiny you could eat off them. Same for the new Ironman Armors. Ding dang it. Another thing, with those great big (I didn't say deluxe) Hulk figures how come they still got no hand articulation. Sheeeeeeesh. No grabbing and crushing for that line up.

Here's hoping that in the next 2 years before they actually release any of this, they fix them up some more.

Oh yeah, the Super Skrull looks good, but a gray rock hand with blue flames??? I must have missed that arc.

GEEK

I've got some answers from the guys at Hasbo to some of the questions asked.

The blonde head does indeed go with Ronan. It's Clint Barton. I asked if he would fit neatly onto the SHIELD held for some more agents and he said he and Forge's head should, though he didn't know that it would be a perfect fit.

The card for the Hulk waves show the wrong price point. Each figure will retail for $14.99, not $19.99.

Sunfire is an online Hasbro Toy Shop exclusive, though Wizard will also have a limited number to sell. The figure will be distributed in September, though he should go up for pre-order in a few weeks.

Red Hulk is the BAF for the Red Hulk wave.

Tarantula is not quite ready for display. JHe'll be shown at SDCC.

There will be 5 waves this year of Classic Spider-Man. Wave 3 is new to NYCC and waves 4 and 5 will be at SDCC.

did they say who would be in lines 4 & 5 of SM, any new figs?

I was hoping for an Annihilation Warlock but judging by his sculpt that is probably going to be the variant....I hope everyone chills out now as the Legends line is looking GREAT!!! BUT did you see the price point on the Foom wave!? 19.99!!

Looks like I'll have three Adam Warlock's in my collection as I have:

ModernAnnihilationCustoms1-6.jpg

I was hoping for an Annihilation Warlock but judging by his sculpt that is probably going to be the variant....I hope everyone chills out now as the Legends line is looking GREAT!!! BUT did you see the price point on the Foom wave!? 19.99!!

Looks like I'll have three Adam Warlock's in my collection as I have:

ModernAnnihilationCustoms1-6.jpg

god i knew you were going to post this at some point.what is this,like 50 times now?

First time on this board.

What, you jealous or something?

Those look like pretty sic Annihilation customs... can we get some closeup shots?

Also, yes Grog sounds jealous to me.

Those look like pretty sic Annihilation customs... can we get some closeup shots?

Check out my thread in the TNI Custom board:

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2020475

its strange i dont envy any customs.or want them.i like to buy my figures,and leave them as they are.

although there are some that catch my eye,im not jealous of them.

i take pride in my collection and i dont wish to have figures that are fakes in it.

dont take it so seriously rick,it was a joke! :mellow:

GD Raynir is a badass custom figure maker...

dude thats totally red hulk in the background of the new shots of silver savage ... holy piss.

btw how many friggin black suit spideys are we goign to get.. hes getting very redundant.

if you havent noticed that black spidey is f'n great.

i suppose its ok since we havent got a black spidey in that mold yet... so it could work... even when all the other new figs are using that same mold hehe...

The Red Hulk looks amazing.. looks like they are using the originally announced ed mcguinness green hulk... appropriate? hell yes!

OMG there are more movie iron man variants i need to buy.. holy crap!!

BTW JayC you = awesome.

Not really a fan of the new, skinny Iron Man Movie figures in whatever shape, form or color. Not enough bulk, muscle and height. FFML Doctor Doom makes him look lightweight by comparison. Standing next to Spidey figures make him look like a pre-teen in a tin suit by comparison.

Well it’s been bitter sweet in my eye. Hasbro finally steps up the bar in my eye…and yet something just seems wrong. Most of these figures I surprisingly like. Some I even love. I just can’t quite place what’s wrong. Oh! Wait! Yes I can! THEY’RE ALL FREAKING EXCLUSIVES OR REDICULOUSLY PRICED! I can hardly justify myself buying a Hasbro figure at nearly $10. There in no way on gods green Earth that I’m going to pay $20 or even $15 for a Marvel Legend in store. I seriously battle with myself already. I was in Wal-Mart not too long ago debating as to whether Bucky was worth the Hasbro price tag. I walked out empty handed. Now things are going up? Not even subtly...but intensely? They’ve already been ripping us off …but this is just blatant. No matter what Hasbro does it always seems to fail. They can never get something perfect or even close to prefect. Something horrible always comes along with their offerings. Forgive me for saying this, but I’m on the verge of wanting ML’s to just end. I’d rather have the line die with dignity then become the latest outfit for corporate greed.

Look up plastic on wikipedia and see what its made from... then you might have a little less heartburn when it comes to the prices man.

EDIT: Aw hell I'll just post it here for all of you people that are crying about the cost of figures:

For decades one of the great appeals of plastics has been their low price. Yet in recent years the cost of plastics has been rising dramatically. A major cause is the sharply rising cost of petroleum, the raw material that is chemically altered to form commercial plastics.

With some observers suggesting that future oil reserves are uncertain, the price of petroleum may increase further. Therefore, alternatives are being sought. Oil shale and tar oil are alternatives for plastic production but are expensive. Scientists are seeking cheaper and better alternatives to petroleum-based plastics, and many candidates are in laboratories all over the world. One promising alternative may be fructose [9]. - taken from Wikipedia regarding plastic.

In conclusion, the price of your figures is sadly comparative to the price of your gasoline.

3) now for those guys who laugh at the ones who cant get the figs just because they dont live next to a walmart or target. you dont get credit cards that easy and even you guys cried a river when you couldnt find your figs at your precious walmarts or targets. i remember when sentry and thor came to whatever shop it was as exclusives. toybiz doesnt understand us, why are they doing that why why why why. so have a little respect for others.

Perhaps a show of hands--how many people were unable to get the Toybiz Walmart wave?

My guess is MOST people that wanted the stuff got it.

Personally, I had no trouble--a retailer in BC got in a good amount and I was able to buy a case from him. It was as simple as that.

Other lines like Face-offs, I was able to get by ASKING and a fellow poster here ( I still thank JJLecaros) offering to help.

It was as simple as that.

Exclusives.........pfft.......folks, you have months to set up relationships with fellow posters who will have access to the stuff. Why not start building that now, if you don't--just in case the stuff is not going to be accessible by other means?

Sure, it'll cost a bit more...........buy in smaller amounts.....over time. Let people know you cannot buy all in one go, ask them to hold the stuff for a few weeks, pay in installments.

Set up those relationships with other collectors and other retailers so when the time comes you'll be able to get the stuff when you want, and at less cost to you.

If the cost is just too high.........that's unfortunate. Cost of living and enjoying rises all the time. Spread it out some and you should be able to still enjoy it.....this stuff is going to be around for a while.

Use your head, your people-skills, your patience.......and it'll pay off.

There's nothing to fret about.

Look up plastic on wikipedia and see what its made from... then you might have a little less heartburn when it comes to the prices man.

EDIT: Aw hell I'll just post it here for all of you people that are crying about the cost of figures:

For decades one of the great appeals of plastics has been their low price. Yet in recent years the cost of plastics has been rising dramatically. A major cause is the sharply rising cost of petroleum, the raw material that is chemically altered to form commercial plastics.

With some observers suggesting that future oil reserves are uncertain, the price of petroleum may increase further. Therefore, alternatives are being sought. Oil shale and tar oil are alternatives for plastic production but are expensive. Scientists are seeking cheaper and better alternatives to petroleum-based plastics, and many candidates are in laboratories all over the world. One promising alternative may be fructose [9]. - taken from Wikipedia regarding plastic.

In conclusion, the price of your figures is sadly comparative to the price of your gasoline.

im not saying this is ^^^ wrong, cause its totally right, but you shouldnt trust every thing in wikipedia

With some observers suggesting that future oil reserves are uncertain, the price of petroleum may increase further. Therefore, alternatives are being sought. Oil shale and tar oil are alternatives for plastic production but are expensive. Scientists are seeking cheaper and better alternatives to petroleum-based plastics, and many candidates are in laboratories all over the world. One promising alternative may be fructose [9]. - taken from Wikipedia regarding plastic

I take insult to that. Do you think we’re all dense? Planning to put up the answers for basic addition and subtraction tables next? I’m well aware of what plastics made from. What I’m not is a sucker! If you’re not only willing to buy these for this absurd price but go as far as to defend it…you can stamp sucker on your forehead. I’m sorry but that’s how I see it. This has become disgusting. All you need to do is a basic toy aisle comparison. Marvel Legends have now become the equivalent of DCD toys. When I walk through the aisles and see the other companies offerings, it’s never as highly priced as Hasbro’s. Even when Hasbro makes tiny little 3’’ figures…they’re priced nearly as much as the larger. That makes sense! Do they feel that the Marvel logo warrants higher prices? Our mindless obedience to Marvel will force us to pay absurd prices? They’re abusing the logo. We're not SW collectors - though actually I am but you get my point. Would they argue they're using more expensive plastics? By the looks of plastic compared to Toybiz’s Legends, just eyeballing it, Hasbro certainly uses the cheaper. Truth is this is corporate greed. Blindly deny it all you like, you won’t change my take.

OF COURSE its corporate greed. I did not say otherwise, I was simply stating that a price increase COULD be attributed to the rising cost of petroleum. This is not the "Three Dollar G.I. Joe" days anymore sadly.

I don't know guys but all this figures look great !! I feel like a kid right now and I am going to be broke by the end of the year @smilepunch@ thank you Hasbro , thank you Jesse Falcon keep it up ... #US1#

Don't blame me....I already knew this...I was actually wondering why we couldn't recycle toy plastic?? Honestly how many Junk Bins have you seen at Flea markets,yard sales and alas even our closets full of CRAP we'll never display/play with again....Come on Hasbro,Mattel,ANYONE let's make it happen....

Things Im worried/thinking about is:

1) How hard it will be to find these figures when they come out. Think about it... they all come out during the Christmas shopping season.. . which is the scalpers favorite time of the year. I say GL finding these on the shelves before January 1st.

2) Hasbro seems to really be stepping up with the ML's, but whats up with the Gold/Silver Variants for Spiral?

3) Whats up with the crazy colored arm for the Skrull???

Anyone notice more pics have been added showing some of the figures from the Holocaust wave?! The Punisher, DD, and even stupid cat-faced Beast look GREAT!!!

Things Im worried/thinking about is:

1) How hard it will be to find these figures when they come out. Think about it... they all come out during the Christmas shopping season.. . which is the scalpers favorite time of the year. I say GL finding these on the shelves before January 1st.

2) Hasbro seems to really be stepping up with the ML's, but whats up with the Gold/Silver Variants for Spiral?

3) Whats up with the crazy colored arm for the Skrull???

All i have to say is ...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABOUT TIME HAsbro!!!

I Like. I like ALOT!!!!

RED Hulk....WOW! Grey HULK ....WOW!!

2 Packs.WOW WOW!!

Articulation on all figs.....F*kin WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Got our Messages & Our attention!!!!!

Now Bring it on!!!

What is the BAF for the SPIRAL asss.???????? Any one Know????

It looks like those who paid upwards of $50 for the McFarlane Spidey on EBay will feel duped because I see it in the display on the convention floor with the lamp post display. And it has the darker blue color tone on, which I feel is better than the previous one by ToyBiz. Hopefully the articulation is retained . . .