2008 NYCC: Marvel Legends

JayC

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but want the clear tint Iron spidey. Cap Armor Iron man is cool too. Hulk wave looks pretty good. WIsh I could see what Holocaust looks like next to all these figures. But only two wolverines! That must be a record!

Yes! When is Sunfire coming out?

Grey Hulk has open slap hands with no articulation! WTF!!! This was my most wanted Hulk. Weak.

Not as much as you want + not where you want it = no articulation? Or are you just referring to no articulation in the hands?

'cuase if it's the latter, I actually have to agree. We need to stop getting 'patty-cake' bruisers.

Agh, I knew if they repainted the movie Iron Man figures that I would get every one. They look so cool! Geeze, I do want them all! The satelite armor is a strange idea, and I'd ignore it if it wasn't so cool! Oy. I knew this was going to happen. The stealth armor is also an awesome surprise; I had figured we'd just get that boring shinny blue. This is much better! Also, for no reason at all, I'll be getting the Captain America armor as well! I'm such an armor whore.

Anyway, on to other things:

- Somebody give black suit Spier-Man some FISTS. FISTS you freakin' idiots, FISTS. Stop it with the dang open hands! I figured "alright, well he shoots his web from the back of his hands, so we'll get some fists with this one!"......nope! No fists! Just one open hand and....what is the other one DOING anyway? Agh! Spider-Man does grab foes from time to time, but you know what else he does? He punches them!! Fists! FISTS! Go back and do the hands again, da**it!! Oy. It's good, it really is. I love the sculpt. I just hope someone catches this and notices it as a problem before he comes out.

- Next, it's time for more toybiz Spider-Man remakes! Making a return apperance: bulgy, disgusting, slobbery, and somehow being called "classic", Venom! Also, the only Carnage that was ever created in ML size! Repainted again! There is a plus though: I see "mcfarlane" Spidey in there! More chances for folks to get the only Spidey you'll ever need. Oh, and what's this? A clear version of the Iron Spider! S...strange. Well, it's improving at least. No new figures for Spider-Man yet, but it seems like they are trying to put some life into old ones. Trying.

Seriously though folks, I'm mostly seeing good stuff. I love the Iron Man figures, I don't know why Silver Surfer has weapons, but he's the first Surfer I've ever wanted. The toys are looking fine! It just seems Spider-Man is still getting shafted. Then, of course, the one new figure we get of him still can't seem to make a fist even after all these years. I mean, the unleashed one did, why can't the small one? Heck, the small one's open left hand looks JUST like the unleashed one! Why isn't the right one a fist?

Bah. I'll leave on a good note: It's all pretty dang awesome, and i'm actually looking forward to some MLs for once. Though, I'll admit, it's only because I'm seeing some cool weapons here. Even if I don't build Spiral, I'll have the chance of getting some of her weapons in other packages!

There is a second grey hulk who is shorter and it says "video game" on his card. Does that mean he's a movie figure of FFF BAF?

Chances are good he is 'based on the video game based on the movie based on the comic book'. The FF (first movie), SM3, and Ghost Rider lines all had video game-based characters in them. I believe that's where the Titanium Man we're getting in the Iron Man movie line comes from too. Judging by the placards, Bi-Beast appears to be in that vein as well. They'll probably be in the Hulk movie line and have no BAF pieces at all.

There is a second grey hulk who is shorter and it says "video game" on his card. Does that mean he's a movie figure of FFF BAF?

its based off the hulk video game version.. just like alot of the iron man villain figures are based off the ironman video game.. its similar to when they did spiderman villains based off the video games designs a year or two ago.

Hmmm, pros? Everything looks great! Hasbro's stepped it up, they seem to have primarily adopted a ToyBiz articulation style...

Unfortunately, not for Adam Warlock. Bad times. I can tolerate the Hasbro style knees and elbows, but I hate the way their midsection joint looks. Works for the SW and Joe figs, but not Marvel Legends.

Either way, only downside -- as mentioned several times -- are the various retailer exclusive waves. Maybe one wave running concurrent to a standard wave, but two separate exclusives piss me off. Hard enough to find any new figures around this area of Michigan let alone store exclusives. Looks like I'll be paying $50 on eBay for my Holocaust BAF.

Grey Hulk has open slap hands with no articulation! WTF!!! This was my most wanted Hulk. Weak.

Not as much as you want + not where you want it = no articulation? Or are you just referring to no articulation in the hands?

'cuase if it's the latter, I actually have to agree. We need to stop getting 'patty-cake' bruisers.

Yes his hands have no articulation. Not even the hinge at the knuckles like Face off did so he can almost make a fist with one hand.

I want nearly all of them. I can't afford to get as many army builders as I want though. At least not all at once...there's shield, hand, kree, skrull. I'm probably going to end up buying a lot of these figures to review and then selling them.