More Movie Characters in Costume!

Straight Edge

Snake-Eyes look great except for the ugly-ass molded lips....WTF? He can't even speak. It's like the nipples on Batman...they're there for NO REASON

The version 2 of Snake-eyes in toy form has lips molded on.

Tatum looks good as Duke, but he should've colored his hair...or maybe this is an early 'test shot'....everyone notice the Sigma Six scar he has on his cheek?

The scar is a GIJOE tradition that predates Sigma 6 and even RAH--the original 1960's 12" Joes had scars.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're all wearing black, Snake-Eyes won't stand out.

That was one of the coolest things about Snake-Eyes. This is lame. However, on the bright side, I am happy there aren't any neon colors and that the other Joes battle suits are not the color of the Sigma Six suits.

That was one of the coolest things about Snake-Eyes. This is lame. However, on the bright side, I am happy there aren't any neon colors and that the other Joes battle suits are not the color of the Sigma Six suits.

This is the biggest legit gripe about these designs. Black is.........well, it kind of gets old, when its de rigeur for costumes all the time.

Sure, it might be functional, but I agree that some camo colours would make certain characters stand out a bit more--but who knows what the movie itself will bring?

When I think of G.I. Joe, I think of Dutch's rescue team in Predator. When I think of G.I. Joe, I think of the Colonial Marines in Aliens. When I think of G.I. Joe, I think of the soldiers in Transformers. What do all of these scenarios have in common? In each team, the members all resembled each other in some way, denoting the fact that they were on the same team, but they looked different enough to make them stand out as unique characters. That's one of the great themes of G.I. Joe, the fact that the team members have such varied specialties and individual looks to go with them. So far these pictures aren't doing a thing for me. They're too generic-looking. And people keep bringing up the whole Transformers debacle, where people were trashing the movie before they ever saw it. Well, I was one of those fans who gave it a chance from day one. I'm not so sure I can do that for G.I. Joe. I can't seem to get past the generic "black ops" suits they're all wearing. If they had made them more unique to fit each individual character, then okay. But right now they all look too generic to me. And I didn't realize that Snake-Eyes had molded lips!! Meh. I didn't care for it on my favored Version 2 Snake-Eyes, and I don't care for it now.

Now I'm one of the most open-minded fans you'll meet. I can reserve judgement until I see the movie. But for right now I'm not liking it a whole lot. It's too sci-fi/Sigma-6-ish for me. And I'm beginning to see where some of the Transformers fans were coming from that couldn't get past the radical changes that were made to the look of the key characters. The actors themselves seem to be cast well for their physical resemblance to the characters (Baroness looks great), I just don't like the suits. Maybe I'll warm up to them. I will say this: I think they'll make for great toys, if that makes any sense. It just wasn't what I was personally expecting, but that's my problem I guess. (lol)

Here's a couple of manips of how Scarlett's suit could look, made by DeathNacrackeR else over at imdb.com:

scarlett-firstlookbigcopy.jpg

rachel-nichols-gi-joe-photo-1.jpg

Not saying if I like them or not. Just thought I'd share.

This is the biggest legit gripe about these designs. Black is.........well, it kind of gets old, when its de rigeur for costumes all the time.

Sure, it might be functional, but I agree that some camo colours would make certain characters stand out a bit more--but who knows what the movie itself will bring?

Heck, even have someone be sleeveless and that would help. That reminds me, where is Heavy Duty.

Those colored Scarlett pictures look sooooo much better.

I can only guess that the outfits are for a specific outing, but I agree with many of the posters that you either need more colors to their outifts or a little more originality to each design. Even the X-men costumes had things to make them unique for each character. Look at Wolverine's tiger stripes and orange highlights while Iceman had blue highlights onto his. Here it's all black with Snake Eyes and Scarlett so far being the only two who look more original.

After some googling, I finally found the images.

I have to say, I was thrilled when the Snake Eyes image was revealed. When I saw Scaret, I got a bit bummed. Now I'm totally depressed.

These outfits scream more sci-fi than military. I thought I was looking at a Marine from Halo or Mass Effect armor when I saw Ripcord and Duke.

When I saw Hawk, the first thing that jumped into my head was that awful Street Fighter movie.

Baroness looks all right, but Storm Shadow looks like he belongs on the Love Boat.

I was reading the replies here before I looked at the pics, and thought a lot of you were just being over critical, and too fanboy-ish. Then I went and looked at the pics...

Ya, they suck a big one.

For me, it's not even that the outfits look generic, or that they are all pretty much the same. It's the fact that they look more like a Halloween costume bought at Target than outfits for a high budget movie.

The only reason I still want to see this is in hopes that Karolina Kurkova has a nude scene in it.

Interesting pics. Bring on the CC and Destro pics! :)

No kidding.

I wonder if they will leak them out early or try and wait till it gets closer to the movie like they tried to do with the Transformers movie... @?@ ..

Storm Shadow looks cool with the street gear. He needs the v1 costume with mask though. Cobra characters need the insignias on them. Gi Joe characters should have the american flag or something somewhere on their costumes. The Joes need color to their costumes. I don't particularly like the costumes since they are all uniform. Gi Joe has not really been uniform after the original 13 with the green fatigues. They don't need to be. I don't care for the gray camo on flint I mean Hawk, or Cover Girl. Green or brown traditional camo might have been more appropriate.

I am sure that for the most this is hollywoods comprimise and recipe for success that most might like besides us naysayers.

Personally, I for one have been an x-men fan for 20 some years, but after the movies, now I have lost total interest in them. That's my feeling and opinion. The old comics and figures were great and thats where my biggest investment went for me. I even started collecting the legends figures after I already had more figures of the same characters that I didn't know what to do with. I started to get into the movies but it felt totally wrong still. Before I moved out here to ca, I went through all my stuff and sold all my marvel collection and most of my star wars items and am happy not to have them. I still have some legends here and there but my liking isn't nearly the same as it used to be.

I still have my big collection of Gi Joe which I am more a fan of than anything and don't want this movie to kill it for me. Maybe I should stay away from the movie even though they say it will be true for the fans and good enough to bring new fans. Hopefull they will redeem themselves.

Now I had a question. What kind of explanation are they going to come up with for snake eyes body armor. It looks ok but makes me think of something like godilla. A man in a rubber suit. We know they shoot for realism for anything comic based anymore. I can see that the rubber on the other guys armor could be seen as bullet proof material or something, but snake eyes is from head to waist in rubber which couldn't be interpretted as anything but rubber. I know this is supposed to be futuristic. What do you think?

That remind me of something...

Ah. Separated at birth? ...

team08.jpg

For the uninitiated, the image is of the cast of 'Captain Power & The Soldiers of the Future'. Back in the 80s, they were Mattel's competition to GI Joe... for about a week.

That remind me of something...

Ah. Separated at birth? ...

team08.jpg

For the uninitiated, the image is of the cast of 'Captain Power & The Soldiers of the Future'. Back in the 80s, they were Mattel's competition to GI Joe... for about a week.

POWER ON!!! Wow, that is too funny.........Captain Power was cool though......when I was 8.....I remember one Christmas I got a ton of Captain Power stuff. The show was cool because it was live action. I wonder if the Joes will yell "Yo Joe" and those suits will "morph" over their existing clothes. J/K

Man, I'm so torn on those suits.......they were growing on me and now I'm hating them again. So unoriginal........its a shame. @bH@

I am loving Scarlett, Baroness, and Duke. I kind of wish Scarlett's unifmorm was brown or tan leather looking, but the Sigma Six look fits her well, and Rachel looks hot as a redhead. I wish Tatum bleached his hair blond. CoverGirl was originally a blond in the cartoon, but I agree, she needs the jacket. Ripcord is a joke-every time I see a Wayans brother I fell like he's going to say something funny from In Living Color. Dennis just doesn't look like a General, and I am not feeling the tennis shoes on Storm Shadow-he looks more like Quick Kick. The shades on the Baroness are ugly. She should wear glasses with matted clear lenses.

I think Storm Shadow is awesome looking IMO. I wish he still had a mask but I guess they wanted to show him off a little. Maybe he still dons the mask, who knows. THe tennis shoes are typical for modern "ninjas" in action flicks. I agree about the shades on Baroness though. Without them she's a hottie. Racheal was a hottie in P2 and she's just as hot as a redhead.