Does Hasbro Know They're Making Crappy Hulk Figs?

DennisW22

i know its been said a million times(maybe in other post??), that the hulk movie figs look like absolute crap, but does hasbro really know what there doing? we know there supposed to be proportioned with the 3 3/4, cause hulks bigger(Duh!!), but who is this line for? the kids (i would say obviously), i know why there smaller (oil prices are shooting up), but all i see these toys really being after lets say 3 weeks is peg holders, a new SM3 line. so why would hasbro bother?

i wouldn't care if they release a hulk movie fig(or a small line, maybe only 2 figs?) (one in proportion to the 6 inch scale) later, hell i wouldn't even care if it was just a movie repaint of the face-off hulk. Im not bashing all Hasbro's Hulks, cause im probably going to putdown some heavy money for the SDCC08 Hulk legends entire series thing, im just bashing the movie figs.

what im asking everyone is,

-Does hasbro know this figs look terrible and have the possibility of being a SM3 repeat?

-If they do then why make them?

-How many of you are actually going to buy any of these?

-Will these be a SM3 repeat?

see these for reference/desirability:

wizarduniverse_1999_52288895.jpg

*copied from spidermanskrull at original post

The reason why Hasbro doesn't know the "toys suck" is because few, if any of the complainers of their products make anything but subjective statements about them.

What specifically makes them "terrible"? Elaborating might help.

i know its been said a million times(maybe in other post??), that the hulk movie figs look like absolute crap, but does hasbro really know what there doing? we know there supposed to be proportioned with the 3 3/4, cause hulks bigger(Duh!!), but who is this line for? the kids (i would say obviously),

So it's obvious that you're complaining about toys that aren't targeted to you? Doesn't that pretty much nullify the rest of your 'point'?

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk (really!), but you're one step away from saying "Itsy-Bitsy Spider-Man sings a stupid song!"

I'm not even saying I like them. But just because you, as a collector, like the character, it doesn't mean Hasbro is trying to sell you, as a collector, the toy. Complaining about it as a collector isn't even applicable. If it happens to please you as a collector, that's awesome- but if it doesn't, that doesn't mean there's anything at all wrong with it. The movie Hulk line is targeted to kids... and that makes kids the litmus test, not collectors. I'm pretty sure my 6 year-old nephew would be drooling over the pics.

-Does hasbro know this figs look terrible and have the possibility of being a SM3 repeat?

Actually, the news from board members that work in retail (who would ideally know more about what's going on with the pegs better than even the most obsessive customer) is that SM3 sold pretty well. More than one person has said that they steadily picked up steam and Christmas bought them right out. The stores with tons left in stock seem to be the exception rather than the rule most of us assume it is.

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure my local stores sold out of SM3 around Christmas. When you're used to seeing them for months, your eye just kind of zips past where you expect them to be whether they're actually there or not... at least, that seems to be the case with me.

Then there's the question of whether the stores even cared if SM3 figures were around for so long. Did they have anything to put in it's place? Were the pegs devoted to SM3 preventing them from putting out something else? I seem to remember that companies actually pay some stores for the shelf/peg space... I don't know who controls what products from the company go on it, but my logic says that if I'm running a chain of stores, and Hasbro wants a quarter aisle in each of them for six months for SM3, then by god, I'm going to send them a bill and sleep on a pile of money. If I have to clearance a few of them at the end, big whoop. Odds are that even stores that still have SM3 made a profit off the line.

You also have to consider how many of these stores restocked as fast/faster than the toys were actually selling. This can provide an inaccurate picture of product that doesn't seem to move. If sales were brisk, but so were the restocks, then the inevitable slowdown in sales would cause things to look even worse to an outsider.

Of course none of this applies 100%. I'm just saying that very few of us actually have the 'big picture', which is what Hasbro is looking at, not what's going on at our local stores.

They Hulk movie figures suffers from the lack of articulation. I haven't seen the figures in person yet but judging from the pics, they dont look half bad. I'm not sure how well they will sell but as long as Hasbro didnt made tons of Hulk figures like the did with SM3 then I think they are safe. SM3 failed because the over produced the figures. It was a ridiculously huge amount of figures.

they probally do know. but do they care is the question? well let's face it after the last Hulk movie hasbro probally think it one is goin to be a flop as well. why make good figure of a film that doesn't have a bright future? (not that i think the new hulk movie is going to be a flop just saying what i think they're thinking.)

i agree they look terrible no matter who they r targeted for

sorry guys but ill have to go with this guy

I agree with these two guys. The figures are ugly no matter what size they are. I'm a major HULK fan and I'm not planning to buy any. Watch, they'll probably release a pallet shipper of these at Walmart and it'll just sit there because no one will buy these Ugly H2 figures. :unsure: WTF!?!

I will most likely buy a movie Hulk to go with my GI Joe figures because a scaled Hulk would look sweet with them, but in general, I envision poor sales for these.

wait, does that mean they ar e the same size as the super hero showdow hulk?? cuz hes in 3 3/4 inch scale.....

and you dont need a hulk in that scale, hulk is supposed to be really big , i display marvel s elect ultimate hulk with my GI JOES

its because we are getting a legends line for hulk thats why they did ironman figures 6 inch because amd ironman legnds line wouldnt make sece so thats why the hulk figures look like mcdonald toys [cough !!crap!!], lol, theirs always good moie figures to go along with a film and when i went to x men 3 i stoped off at toys r us to get a x3 storm, because of hasbro messing about their was non and thy added a few crap ones to the legends line, x men 3 figures should have had more figures ie kitty, storm, callisto, pyro, but owww no, HASBRO.:(

but the legends line you have to admit makes up for it.

I will most likely buy a movie Hulk to go with my GI Joe figures because a scaled Hulk would look sweet with them, but in general, I envision poor sales for these.

wait, does that mean they ar e the same size as the super hero showdow hulk?? cuz hes in 3 3/4 inch scale.....

and you dont need a hulk in that scale, hulk is supposed to be really big , i display marvel s elect ultimate hulk with my GI JOES

just the soldiers are gi joe size the hulks are 6 inch

I've never been a huge Hulk fan but I really like that Target Exclusive. It looks like the TB ML 1 Body with a new movie head. This means that this guy is going to have some heft to him. I'm excited.

i know its been said a million times(maybe in other post??), that the hulk movie figs look like absolute crap, but does hasbro really know what there doing? we know there supposed to be proportioned with the 3 3/4, cause hulks bigger(Duh!!), but who is this line for? the kids (i would say obviously), i know why there smaller (oil prices are shooting up), but all i see these toys really being after lets say 3 weeks is peg holders, a new SM3 line. so why would hasbro bother?

i wouldn't care if they release a hulk movie fig(or a small line, maybe only 2 figs?) (one in proportion to the 6 inch scale) later, hell i wouldn't even care if it was just a movie repaint of the face-off hulk. Im not bashing all Hasbro's Hulks, cause im probably going to putdown some heavy money for the SDCC08 Hulk legends entire series thing, im just bashing the movie figs.

see these for reference/desirability:

wizarduniverse_1999_52288895.jpg

*copied from spidermanskrull at original post

Just as the Spider-man 3 figures, the Hulk figures will be redeemed in thier own Legends Wave. Except for Spider-man 3 the Sandman BAF brought it back down again, well anyway disregard these movie figures they do not exist. @loll@ Is my hypnosis doing anyhthing for you? The first time I saw these I just looked over them to the point of non-existence, I just want my King Hulk, Absorbing Man, Ed Mcguinness Hulk, and Red Hulk thats going to be in Series 5 (damn thats going to be 70 dollars before tax!). Just ignore these "abominations" @loll@ . Abomination reffering to Hulk figures, that was kind of funny.

Those look like turd!

The actual Hulk and such will be 6", but movie Hulk is something like 12' tall (and gets bigger when he gets madder), so they have GI Joe soldiers for him to fight. This way they don't have to make 6" humans and 12" hulks.

Jimminy! Ultimate Hulk is pretty huge to stand-in for that scale. Your Joes must be scared to death of him! :)

The actual Hulk and such will be 6", but movie Hulk is something like 12' tall (and gets bigger when he gets madder), so they have GI Joe soldiers for him to fight. This way they don't have to make 6" humans and 12" hulks.

Jimminy! Ultimate Hulk is pretty huge to stand-in for that scale. Your Joes must be scared to death of him! :)

Yeah! DAMN! Scale-wise, Select Ultimate Hulk must be like 20 feet tall compared to your Joes! I guess he did look pretty damn big... but THAT big? LOL