Masterpiece Transformers

redrum2581

well with the apparent pics floating around of grimlock, i thought we could discuss what figure we'd actually like to see. me i want a masterpiece rodimus prime to go with alt rodimus, i think that would be great. also what about an updated mp soundwave/blaster with real working electronics (g1 blaster did play tapes) but instead of tapes, the tapes could be gig sticks that look like tapes that transform but could also hold music for you to plug in and play, now that would be bad azz, so who do ya'll want or have ideas on

Takara did release an mp3 player soundwave; not what I would call a mp figure, but it looks pretty cool.

Top of my list would probably be Shockwave.

Takara did release an mp3 player soundwave; not what I would call a mp figure, but it looks pretty cool.

Top of my list would probably be Shockwave.

i have that one, but imagine him at mp size with laserbeak, rumble, frenzy and ravage as gig sticks music playing capabilities, that would make it a mp, probably expensive though

Some movie MP figures

Movie MP optimus, BB, & I suppose megatron as well... heck if we got those three or even two I'd buy any others that were there if they put em out! I would want the "movie" MP figures though to be under there own lineup up though and not screw with the g1 lineup at all though my self ;) I want g1 much as the next guy for mp!

If big IF we get Grimlock and I like him I want the rest of the dinobots to be MP as well... Grimy is just too much of a freaking tease all by him self not to be!

& back to optimus ... a MP TWWI Op figure would be sweet as well :)

Can not really think of any others that I would want... Maybe MP jetfire ?... as close as they can get to the original with out having to worry about lawsuits and what not ...

A MP Beast Wars Transmetal Megatron would be awesome as well; and a mp bw inferno, rhinox, blackarachnia, etc.

..and a mp animated blitzwing! :P

If big IF we get Grimlock and I like him I want the rest of the dinobots to be MP as well... Grimy is just too much of a freaking tease all by him self not to be!

Oh for sure, It'd be like getting Starsream without Skywarp & Thundercraker (I'm still waiting).

As for me though; I would very,very, very much like to see Soundwave as the next masterpiece.

Oh for sure, It'd be like getting Starsream without Skywarp & Thundercraker (I'm still waiting).

As for me though; I would very,very, very much like to see Soundwave as the next masterpiece.

Oh! Oh! Score!! I'd buy that for a dollar!! @loll@

For the SIZE he would be they could make him a working radio/music or cd player or what not to boot! or mp3 player or what have you

how about a real worlking reflector peice to boot!

& lets not forget shockwave :)

how about a real worlking reflector peice to boot!

And people complained about the price of MP's before...... ^_^ Imagine what a working camera that split into 3 differnt robots would run $$$$$$$.

As for a working Soundwave. CD's ,yadda, yadda, yadda, I don't care.

But having the three tapes (lazerbeak, ravage, and rumble) fit into his chest is a must!

I'd gladly sacrifice a music function for that!

I'd get a mp rodimus I suppose a MP hotrod as well if it was g1 like :) they could give him his target master buddy as well that would be sweet eh?.. Other wise I am happy with the sdcc alt hotrod . One we are all forgetting is a proper ultramagnus with trailer and parts :P II don't count that recolored op as a proper mp :D

But having the three tapes (lazerbeak, ravage, and rumble) fit into his chest is a must!

Totally agree.

I would like to see Soundwave as the next masterpiece. I think Takara and Hasbro over think things sometimes. I never understood the hang up that Soundwave had to be modern.

As for others I'd like to see get the Masterpiece treatment,

-Galvatron

-a real Ultra Magnus, not just a repaint of Prime.

-Rodimus Prime

-Cyclonus

-Alpha Trion

-Shockwave

-Elita-1

I totaly agree with the REAL Ultra Magnus (no repaint & car carrier trailer to boot). But ya know I'm just having a problem wraping my head around a MP Soundwave. & don't get me wrong, I love SW & consider myself part of his cult following.

But when I think about this 80ies casset player (& we are talking about a classic version of SW, right), so all I see is a big blue boxy casset player that is'nt very interesting to TF.

I mean let's face it, the classic transformed in 3 easy steps. I just don't see what MP treatment could or would do to make its transformation that much more interesting

My vote would be for some Cybertron TFs like Arcee, Rodimus (you know the whole space age RV thing). Also maby the G1TFs who were seen in the pilot like Jazz, BB, Wheeljack (but for the record i'd MUCH rather see wheeljack as a MP Lotus, rather than a Cybertronian mini van).

Totally agree.

I would like to see Soundwave as the next masterpiece. I think Takara and Hasbro over think things sometimes. I never understood the hang up that Soundwave had to be modern.

-Galvatron

-Rodimus Prime

-Cyclonus

-Alpha Trion

-Shockwave

-Elita-1

i think that a soundwave fig is in order also! i dont care how many steps it takes(or lack of) to transform him, hes still a very important part of the history. we are talking about masterpiece transformers right? its not anyones fault that the cartoon came out in the 80's before cd players. if we were talking movie...then i would expect the change, but you gotta make the classics for collection value. i cant believe these "supposed" transformers collectors wouldnt want a MP soundwave! to each its own.

I'd get a mp rodimus I suppose a MP hotrod as well if it was g1 like :) they could give him his target master buddy as well that would be sweet eh?.. Other wise I am happy with the sdcc alt hotrod . One we are all forgetting is a proper ultramagnus with trailer and parts :P II don't count that recolored op as a proper mp :D

a tm mp rodimus would be cool because the the tm would be a mp as well

Totally agree.

-Galvatron

-Rodimus Prime

-Cyclonus

-Alpha Trion

-Shockwave

-Elita-1

i think that a soundwave fig is in order also! i dont care how many steps it takes(or lack of) to transform him, hes still a very important part of the history. we are talking about masterpiece transformers right? its not anyones fault that the cartoon came out in the 80's before cd players. if we were talking movie...then i would expect the change, but you gotta make the classics for collection value. i cant believe these "supposed" transformers collectors wouldnt want a MP soundwave! to each its own.

music function or not all they really need to do is enlarge and slightly retool the music label sw, but throw in the tapes the 80s look doesn't bother as long as he looks good

a tm mp rodimus would be cool because the the tm would be a mp as well

Totally agree.

-Galvatron

-Rodimus Prime

-Cyclonus

-Alpha Trion

-Shockwave

-Elita-1

music function or not all they really need to do is enlarge and slightly retool the music label sw, but throw in the tapes the 80s look doesn't bother as long as he looks good

right! ithink your theroy would work! i like collecting things as a whole, especially when dealing with something that has a big group. the soundwave is a tape player, and i dont see why everyone has a big deal with it. i could care less if the thing plays music, i have two i pods, a stereo, a 360, ps3,and a entertainment system, i dont need a music playing fig. please, can we finish off at least one line without it jumping around between old and new charaters. oh....i want hotrod too!

Totally agree.

-Galvatron

-Rodimus Prime

-Cyclonus

-Alpha Trion

-Shockwave

-Elita-1

Pooda tell me your not still licking your imaginary wounds. just get over it.

:) :) Here are my lists:

-UMagnus trailer

-Skyfire

-Hot Rod or Rodimus

-Quintesson

-Tracks

-Soundwave

-Rumble (blue)

isn't there a mp robotec jet that with a retooled head would be perfect and fit in nicely with the mp size figs?