G.I. Joe and Cobra Repro Decals

Whitewolf

I'm posting this here in the forums because I've been getting about 50+ requests for where I got the repro decals I used on my 25th Anniversary Custom Rattler. After speaking with the gentleman who produces the decals, he's not opposed to the extra business...so I'm posting the information here in the forum and I hope a mod will sticky this.

The gentleman's name is Ruben Jiminez and he lives in Mexico. When you email him, request his "catalog" email. He'll send you a list of the decals that he has available. He only does a small batch of decals every few months, so be courteous and don't clean him out in one purchase. Leave some for the rest of us! ;) The decal quality is better than the ones that Hasbro ships with the new vehicles. The only drawback is that they aren't die-cut, so you'll have to cut them out yourself...which can be EXTREMELY tedious.

Also, because he lives where he lives, don't expect overnight shipment of your decals. If you absolutely, positively need them within a week, forget it! On average, it takes 2 to 3 weeks for them to reach you--thanks to customs and all the other post-9/11 stuff they will go through before reaching your local post office.

Ruben's email address is rubenldm@rocketmail.com

I'm posting this here in the forums because I've been getting about 50+ requests for where I got the repro decals I used on my 25th Anniversary Custom Rattler. After speaking with the gentleman who produces the decals, he's not opposed to the extra business...so I'm posting the information here in the forum and I hope a mod will sticky this.

The gentleman's name is Ruben Jiminez and he lives in Mexico. When you email him, request his "catalog" email. He'll send you a list of the decals that he has available. He only does a small batch of decals every few months, so be courteous and don't clean him out in one purchase. Leave some for the rest of us! ;) The decal quality is better than the ones that Hasbro ships with the new vehicles. The only drawback is that they aren't die-cut, so you'll have to cut them out yourself...which can be EXTREMELY tedious.

Also, because he lives where he lives, don't expect overnight shipment of your decals. If you absolutely, positively need them within a week, forget it! On average, it takes 2 to 3 weeks for them to reach you--thanks to customs and all the other post-9/11 stuff they will go through before reaching your local post office.

Ruben's email address is rubenldm@rocketmail.com

You know, it's funny you bring this up. After seeing the amazing (I think) job you did, I ran down to the 2 TrUs in my neck o' the woods to find the Elite Forces A-10 totally sold out! That toy line has not moved since it's inception, but now, NOTHING! I'm going to keep looking, and if I can find one (or a cache), Mr Jiminez will be they one to talk to.

Now, at the risk of screwing myself, do you think he has decals for either the MOBAT or the M-1 look-a-like that was released later? (Can't remember the code name...) (edited - the Mauler MBT) Target has the last of the bbi Abrahms (sp) for an extremely discounted price, and those decals would be the icing on the cake! (of course, now I'll go onsite and find them sold out, but it's worth the risk!)