I don't get it.

hamsterboy

Because its god's way of condeming war and war related toys. God wants everyone to get along and sing happy songs and play with My Little Ponies!

Well I don't have an MBA or anything, but I'd imagine it all comes down to margins vs. cost. So without knowing what they're numbers are:

Joes prices are rising: Is due to supply and demand, most stores I'm aware of can't keep them on the shelf, so they raise the price to make a better profit margin since they'll sell them anyway. In addition to this all of they're cost are going up. Everything from raw materials of manufacture, to the logistics of getting them out of the warehouse to all of their stores is being affected. The price increase would cover these incured cost as well.

MLP price going down: Keep in mind Walmart is not selling their merchandise to you at what it cost them. They are making money off everthing they sell to you, otherwise, they wouldn't sell them at all (no point). MLP's probably aren't moving out of the stores at a rate Walmart would like to see. So they 'drop their pants' a bit to move them, either to get rid of them all together, or to just sell a higher volume of MLP product. Which would be more profit in the long run if they could move them faster. Another reason why the price of the MLP's could be going down, is they beat down their supplier for a better cost. So they could sell the product at the same profit margin, yet undercut everyone else's price, which in turn would create higher sales for them (which is something Walmart is famous for).

Again; I'm no expert and I'm only guessing, but I do deal quite a bit in cost vs. margins for a living and from my experince that's what I'd imagine it's happening.

cuz joes are hot!!!! Hasbro raised the price on them... not everybody else.

Hasbrotoyshop has them at 6.99 now.

Target and TRU might soon have them at 6.99 also.

Why is it that Wal-Mart raises the prices of G.I. Joe yet lowers the price on My Little Pony? Those things use more plastic than the Joes by the look of them. Makes no sense.

My 3 year old Daughter is not complaining.. Her My Little pony collection has doubled recently due to the price drop.

I'm sure the MLP figures are far easier to make, they're hollow little things that have two parts, the head and the body.. and let's not forget, they're usually only a couple different heads and bodies they use, over and over again. Granted, Joes reuse parts, but not on that scale.. Joes also have more articulation, different degrees of plastic and a wide variety of accessories...

They probably have to use a whole factory just for Joes cause the amount of parts, where with MLPs, they can probably use only part of it and the other part for something as easy like Mr. Potato Head...

Now, if MLPs were solid pieces of articulated plastic ponies, then I'd complain.. but to me, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

Why is it that Wal-Mart raises the prices of G.I. Joe yet lowers the price on My Little Pony? Those things use more plastic than the Joes by the look of them. Makes no sense.

What I don't get is why a grown man is checking prices on My Little Pony. ;) @smilepunch@