Bi-Beast

CarlCreel

Now we've seen the actual Hasbro Bi-Beast. That guy on here that swore up and down he had the real figure has been busted! I thought that was a custom. Anyway, I hope they articulate the shoulders properly and not the way Hasbro has him in the prototype.

Actually, it wasn't a custom. The Bi-Beast you are talking about was slated for the Fin Fang Foom wave, and it was real.

This new Bi-Beast is for the Hulk Movie wave and is a different figure altogether.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So wait…we're supposedly getting another Bi-Beast figure that's in scale with Marvel Legends? What ever happened to Valkyrie too?

We were supposed to, but as far as anyone knows, it looks like Bi-Beast and Valkyrie have been axed from the Foom lineup.

The Bi-Beast pictured at NYCC is for the Hulk Movie line, and is in 3.75 inch scale.

So wait…we're supposedly getting another Bi-Beast figure that's in scale with Marvel Legends? What ever happened to Valkyrie too?

We were supposed to, but as far as anyone knows, it looks like Bi-Beast and Valkyrie have been axed from the Foom lineup.

The Bi-Beast pictured at NYCC is for the Hulk Movie line, and is in 3.75 inch scale.

We were also supposed to get Red King.

We were also supposed to get Red King.

Yeah, but who cares about him? ;)

Your kidding me right? The Bi-Beast figure shown wont be to scale with Marvel Legends? It said Hulk video game on the name tag. That other gray hulk with the stop sign is from the video game too apparantly.

Your kidding me right? The Bi-Beast figure shown wont be to scale with Marvel Legends? It said Hulk video game on the name tag. That other gray hulk with the stop sign is from the video game too apparantly.

A clarification: The Hulk movie line is 3.75" scale, which means 3.75" humans and 6" Hulk figures, because movie Hulk is 12' tall.

Going by the Hasbro display, Bi-Beast will be 6" just as Hulk is. Bi-Beast has changed size over the years, but tends to hover around 8' at the smallest. This means that no, he technically won't be in ML scale, being about two inches short... but if you can overlook the odd height (as most of us do with about half the figures), then he'll be just fine.

A clarification: The Hulk movie line is 3.75" scale, which means 3.75" humans and 6" Hulk figures, because movie Hulk is 12' tall.

Going by the Hasbro display, Bi-Beast will be 6" just as Hulk is. Bi-Beast has changed size over the years, but tends to hover around 8' at the smallest. This means that no, he technically won't be in ML scale, being about two inches short... but if you can overlook the odd height (as most of us do with about half the figures), then he'll be just fine.

Yes, the Bi-Beast did tower over the Hulk when he first appeared and it was described in a later issue of Thor as to why he lost some height. I guess I could live with the figure being 6". Thanks for the clarification.

It's actually a real proto. Sorry to disappoint.

Can you give me a source on that?

It's not that I don't believe you, it's that I've never seen any confirmation from anyone connected to Hasbro, so as far as I know, your actual knowledge of this matter matches mine.

Believe what you want then.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. You say it's real, but why do you say that? That's all I'm asking. We're all aware that hoaxes, scams, and misinformation that run rampant in this hobby (and especially in this toyline). What makes you so sure this isn't one of those? Can you share the thing that makes you sure with the rest of us?

Ok, so what everyone is saying, 6"-inch figs but a lack of articulation ....

I like this Bi-Beast's sculpt and may end up buying him if he ain't too small, but no ball-jointed shoulders is a killer. may have to try my hand at customizing or switching pars to add points of movement, but very impressed with the look. Is the due date for the release of the Bi-Beast still May 1st?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. You say it's real, but why do you say that? That's all I'm asking. We're all aware that hoaxes, scams, and misinformation that run rampant in this hobby (and especially in this toyline). What makes you so sure this isn't one of those? Can you share the thing that makes you sure with the rest of us?

I know you're not being a jerk, I just don't feel like trying to convince you. If you don't want to believe it, then don't, that's fine with me.

However, I will say this: there wasn't just one Bi-Beast that popped up on eBay...there were a few of them, all of which were exactly the same. That's because they were produced prototypes.

But, believe what you will.

I know you're not being a jerk, I just don't feel like trying to convince you. If you don't want to believe it, then don't, that's fine with me.

However, I will say this: there wasn't just one Bi-Beast that popped up on eBay...there were a few of them, all of which were exactly the same. That's because they were produced prototypes.

But, believe what you will.

From the same person, or multiple? Are we talking someone(s) known for selling protos, or just someone who randomly showed up with it?

I mean, Jin Saotome has been known to make the same figure several times just to try out a new paint technique, then chuck them all on ebay. It's not like any decently talented customizer couldn't have done similar.

More than one makes it more likely, I'll grant. Much more likely. I don't think it's as open-and-shut as you do, but I'd be willing to give a little more leeway.

• 5 months later...

I picked up a Bi-beast this weekend. I got him along with a Green Hulk variant from the FFF wave and a BATPOD! (but thats a story for another thread...)

Including his second head, he's a bit taller than Crossbones and a little shorter than Red Hulk, which is fine by me. Some people might shout "not in scale!" and for those people you should probably skip the figure.

His arms are also a dissapointment for me because of the straight cut. Which is neccassary for the spinning arm action feature. You pull down the lever on his back and his arms power spin. I like how the lever is disguised on his back as a part of his spinebrace in his costume. However, because of the ratcheting inside the arms and the weight of the arms, any attempt to pose his arms in any position other than hanging by his side causes the arms to simply click back down to his sides. Annoying.

The sculpt, look, design of the character is great. And I figured when are we ever going to get another Bi-Beast? So that justifies the purchase for me, but all in all, I would've preferred a slightly taller and better arm joints. But in the end he's going to look just fine sitting on my shelf with a bunch of other figures.

I also recently grabbed Ironclad and Bi-Beast. They arent bad, the arm joints were sacrificed for the action feature in each. Of course if they were each a little bigger that would have been cool but its nice to have two characters that were never made before. I get the feeling we wont see the rest of the U-Foes to go with Ironclad anytime soon. After all they need to make about 7 more Hulk and Abomination variations right?