Animated Blitzwing Toy

Destro

anibw1.jpg

anibw2.jpg

anibw3.jpg

Looking good; now let's see the rest! :)

My only minor complaint is that the "german/fire" head doesn't have the gaptooth.

I still wonder why they went with the Tri-Clops look on this

Tri-Clops had three eyes; blitzving has three heads. ;)

But more to the point; I guess bc he's a triple changer, and..bc he's hella hilarious?

He looks awesome :D I can't wait to see the rest of him. They pulled off the spinny head gimmick perfectly, other then some more paint (which every toy could use more of :P) they couldn't have done a better job.

I WANT THIS. Seriously, not only does he look awesome, but that nutty bastard has got to be my favorite guy on the show. Can't wait for this one.

anibw4.jpg

Bot mode looks awesome (looks like he has the "dreamwave squat" going on, though), and alt mode is mistransformed; a must buy for me! :)

I'll wait for more pics before judging the jet mode, looks transformed wrong. All the art I've seen before, the tank treads were flat up again the wings and back further.

That looks like he's half transformed as the tank right now.

Robot mode is spot on though :D very killer looking.

AWESOME. I'll take twelve!

Seriously though, I like 'em. I'm a little underwhelmed, but I figure it'll be better in person. One way or the other, I doubt very much is going to deter me from buying this bad mofo.

In the ebay auction here, the instructions show a switch on the back of bw's head to change the faces, and there's the tank mode; I wish the seller'd taken a pic of the toy in tank mode, but..oh well.

jet mode looks way better in those new pics

tank mode looks dumb, the wings need to fold up inside I think, but that's how its tranformed in the instructions with the wings out front too. wierd

That looks TERRIBLE. Ugh. I thought originally Blitzwing was the only Animated toy that was supposed to fit in with Classics/Universe? No way does that fit in.

He incorporates a LOT from G1 hence why Classics/Universe probably won't be doing him anytime soon. The Man-E-Faces thing is something original though.

I think it was stated that none of the animated figures would get into the classic line because hasbro has declared that people are stupid and does not want any disappointed kids out there because there parents brought the wrong "X" figure. Re the monocle... I think its more likely some kind of fancy targeting/type scanner thingy :P

He has a monocle for the same reason any archetypal cartoon character would have one; to show that he is intelligent and perhaps aristocratic.

Remember, that face is the cool/calm one (attacks w/ ice), the "Ahnold" face is aggressive (attacks w/ fire), and the third is..just plain batjive crazy.

I don't really have a problem w/ this toy, but now seeing those newer pics, I have a problem w/ lugnut; he's smaller than blitzwing! Now we have to have a leader class lugnut!

I think it was stated that none of the animated figures would get into the classic line because hasbro has declared that people are stupid and does not want any disappointed kids out there because there parents brought the wrong "X" figure. Re the monocle... I think its more likely some kind of fancy targeting/type scanner thingy :P

I would love to see a quote where Hasbro declared that people are stupid. That would be totally worth it. @loll@