Does anyone know if Leatherneck will be made in the 25th Anniversary Joes?

gruntcast

Personally, I;m doubtful he'll make the cut. So far, of the "Golden Age" of RAH, 1986 has gotten the least love. Looking back, it seems that the 1986 cartoon series and toyline was the height of GIJoe's popularity in spite of itself.

Cobra was represented by Serpentor, Mindbender and a bunch of Dreadnoks. GIJoe was populated by redundant soldiers like Beachhed (another Ranger), Leatherneck (another Marine), Dial-Tone (another Communications Officer), Sci-Fi (another Laser Trooper, in NEON green), Lifeline (another Medic, in blaze red), and featured the return of two older characters with new designs (Hawk and Roadblock, who are the only other 1986 Joes in the 25th line beside Beachhead).

As popular as these characters may be, I can sort of see why Hasbro's so far shied away from them. They may mark the high-point of GIJoe in the 80s, but they can also be seen as the Jumping of the Shark, where the concept lost it's way...

Personally, I;m doubtful he'll make the cut. So far, of the "Golden Age" of RAH, 1986 has gotten the least love. Looking back, it seems that the 1986 cartoon series and toyline was the height of GIJoe's popularity in spite of itself.

True, but they're going to run out of pre-1986 characters pretty soon... I think we'll see a lot more of the figures from '86 onward intermixed with the movie stuff.

Lifeline (another Medic, in blaze red)

Remember, Lifeline was a Rescue Trooper - the kind of guy who would jump out of helicopters in the middle of a forest to rescue downed aircrew, civilians, etc. It makes sense to be high vis - and btw these guys are pretty hardcore. And despite his description on the package, Doc was a fully trained medical doctor, no mere medic...

I hope they do release Leatherneck, I always thought he was a really cool looking figure. Plus, you know if they also release Wet-Suit, Mainframe, and Dial-Tone, we will see Special Mission: Brazil repaints eventually. Since they already have a Televiper vest sculpted, they could make a Claymore as well.