One Year Left: Which Charcaters are Still MIA

Forcehunter

Okay, we only have one year left until Hasbro starts to shift to the movie line and puts the 25th line on hiatus.

With this in mind, what characters MUST BE MADE. Let's operate on the assumption that the 25th line will end after the movie. Not saying it will, but it could for all we know at this point. They themselves have said that the movie will be their main concentration and offering no indication of pursuing the RAH Joes.

What frustrates me is that since this line seems to be targeted to the collectors, Hasbro shouldn't waste valuable slots with non-army builder repaints knowing that they have imposed a timeline for this series.

What frustrates me is that since this line seems to be targeted to the collectors, Hasbro shouldn't waste valuable slots with non-army builder repaints knowing that they have imposed a timeline for this series.

Targeted yes, soley intended for? No. Most of those "wasted slots" seem to be filled with what Hasbro deems "central characters", characters retailers WANT to see and who Hasbro wants to make sure are available to kids. If a kid goes into a store right now, there is ZERO guarantee that he might find a single carded Duke, Roadblock, or even Snake Eyes in many markets (yes, I know there is still a little wave 4 and the wave 2 revision shipping, but what if the store got loaded on wave 2 08? Or still has massive amounts of wave 3 still on the pegs?).

Kids still make up a large portion of the buyers, and they should be able to get one of the central characters, even if collectors have to suck up another repaint. And besides, troop building isn't the be all, end all, some collectors like to make it to be.

But to the question at hand, we've gotten most of the essential characters, in my view, it is largely a matter of filling things in. We still need:

Dusty (I'm shocked that he hasn't been done yet to be honest)

Tunnel Rat

Outback

Shockwave

Lifeline

Dr. Mindbender

Night vipers

Alley Vipers

If we got those, I'd be quite happy with how the 25th line will have wrappped.

I just really want them to round out the first few years of RAH... I want all of the following before "the end"

82 - Short Fuse and Zap

83 - Tripwire and Cover Girl (Though I am happy with my custom CG so if we don't get her I won't be devistated)

84 - Blowtorch, Recondo, Ripcord, Scrap Iron, Cutter, DeepSix, Thunder

85 - Airtight, Alpine, Dusty, Footloose, Quick Kick, Frostbite

86 - DialTone, Dr. Mindbender, Iceberg, Leatherneck, Lifeline, Lowlight, Mainframe, Monkey Wrench, Zandar, Zaranna, Sci-Fi, Cross Country, Thrasher

87 - Jinx, Tunnel Rat, Chuckles, Law and Order, Mercer

But if they can just finish off 82 and 83 I'll be happy.. at least for the time being.

I just really want them to round out the first few years of RAH... I want all of the following before "the end"

82 - Short Fuse and Zap

83 - Tripwire and Cover Girl (Though I am happy with my custom CG so if we don't get her I won't be devistated)

86 - DialTone, Dr. Mindbender, Iceberg, Leatherneck, Lifeline, Lowlight, Mainframe, Monkey Wrench, Zandar, Zaranna, Sci-Fi, Cross Country, Thrasher

But if they can just finish off 82 and 83 I'll be happy.. at least for the time being.

There's still 2-packs, 5-packs, more vehicles, and exclusives, that may or may not come out this year. There's next year too, they won't all be movie figures.

For the record, I'll take all of the above please.

82 - Short Fuse and Zap

I agree with the above list, more or less. The most obvious omissions at this point, to me, are Dusty, Dr. Mindbender, Falcon and Tunnel Rat.

Well, you guys have nailed all the pertinent classic characters.

For me, the Must-have characters from the early years are limited to:

- Cover Girl

- Ripcord

- Dusty

- Tunnel Rat

- Falcon

- Law & Order

- Shockwave

I hold out hope, however, that among these, Hasbro will also release figures that celebrate the entire 25 year span, and allow collectors who embrace newer characters to get a shot at owning them all in this new format.

Hasbro redesigns:

- Rock N Roll v2

- Ace v3/4

- Duke v3

New characters:

- Dodger

- Barrel Roll

- Blackout

- General "G.I.Joe" Colton!

Marvel Comic "pre"designs:

- Issue #1 Cobra Commander

- #1 Baroness

- LRRP Stalker

- LRRP Snakes

- LRRP Stormy

New characters

- Billy

- Dr. Venom

- Jungle Khakis Kwinn

- Oktober Guard

- Hard Master (rumored)

- Soft Master

DDp redesigns

- Shipwreck

- Overlord

- Reloaded Cobra Commander

New characters

- Firewall

- Zanya

- Wraith (according to Hasbro, this is already happening).

If all these figures were released in the next year, in addition to any more Classic RAH figures, I'd say the 25th Anniversary line succeeded in becoming the definitive celebration of the last 25 years of G.I.Joe history, and a fitting *end* to the Real American Hero era.

Okay, we only have one year left until Hasbro starts to shift to the movie line and puts the 25th line on hiatus.

WTF????? WHO SAID THIS?????

Dude! I thought the 25th line was going to go one for-EFFING-ever!!!!

If this is true, then Hasbro's GOT to get away the crappy BS of the later post-jumped the shark Joe years. We don't need stupid crap like Dr. Mindbender and Croc Master!!!

If this line's ending, this is what we need:

1. Short-Fuse

2. Zap

3. Airborne

4. Tunnel Rat

5. Falcon

That's it. Those were the only REALISTIC Joes. After 83, they became stupid cartoons and I was out.

If this is true, then Hasbro's GOT to get away the crappy BS of the later post-jumped the shark Joe years. We don't need stupid crap like Dr. Mindbender and Croc Master!!!

1. Short-Fuse

2. Zap

3. Airborne

4. Tunnel Rat

5. Falcon

That's it. Those were the only REALISTIC Joes. After 83, they became stupid cartoons and I was out.

Not to pick nit's or anything but wasn't Falcon and Tunnel Rat well after '83?

1. Short-Fuse

2. Zap

3. Airborne

4. Tunnel Rat

5. Falcon

Footloose, Leatherneck, Repeater, Hit & Run, Spearhead and Max, etc were not realistic???

Geez, and here I was thinking they were all this time.....

NEWSFLASH! NEWSFLASH!!!

Hasbro is going to make toys for the big multimillion dollar live action film (with Sigma Suits!) next summer. Just like Transformers, ALL product will be geared to THAT project.

You will have to wait until fall 2010 before seeing retro Joes again.

Deal

1. Short-Fuse

2. Zap

3. Airborne

4. Tunnel Rat

5. Falcon

Yeah but they were like the FEW exceptions during a time that GI JOE was churning out stupid, ##$%$#ed kiddie toys like Scoop, Golobulus, and Sci-Fi with his VERY g@y lime green space suit! Dang, Dude!

NEWSFLASH! NEWSFLASH!!!

Hasbro is going to make toys for the big multimillion dollar live action film (with Sigma Suits!) next summer. Just like Transformers, ALL product will be geared to THAT project.

Deal

NEWSFLASH! NEWSFLASH!!!!

GI Joe's 25th line is a HUGE effing cash cow that's made GIJ a huge freakin FORCE in the toy industry again! Is Hasbro REALLY going to KILL that so they can make a bunch of peg-warmers that will tie into a bomb of a flick everyone is already panning?? DUDE! Get real! You want to see where movie figures end up? Go look at that Superman Returns set at TRU! Hasbro ain't doing that to GIJ.

1. Short-Fuse

2. Zap

3. Airborne

4. Tunnel Rat

5. Falcon

Yeah but they were like the FEW exceptions during a time that GI JOE was churning out stupid, ##$%$#ed kiddie toys like Scoop, Golobulus, and Sci-Fi with his VERY g@y lime green space suit! Dang, Dude!

Ok, I getcha. I don't want to see a Sci-Fi either.

NEWSFLASH! NEWSFLASH!!!!

GI Joe's 25th line is a HUGE effing cash cow that's made GIJ a huge freakin FORCE in the toy industry again! Is Hasbro REALLY going to KILL that so they can make a bunch of peg-warmers that will tie into a bomb of a flick everyone is already panning?? DUDE! Get real! You want to see where movie figures end up? Go look at that Superman Returns set at TRU! Hasbro ain't doing that to GIJ.

HA, the 25th line has been successful, but it is nowhere CLOSE to the revenues Star Wars or Transformers bring in. The 25th line is just a slightly longer run of the same idea Hasbro did for Transformers with the Classics line.

And for the record, "everyone" (meaning all us net dorks, not the general public) were panning Transformers movie TWO YEARS before it came out, and it was one of the biggest hits of 2007, and its toys were basically sold out until well after Christmas.

Look at Transformers, look at Indiana Jones, look at Star Wars, even look at Spider-Man 3.

Hasbro is NOT Mattel and has a much better idea of what they are doing with these properties.

NEWSFLASH! NEWSFLASH!!!

Deal

There is no way all of 2009 will be just movie figures. The movie does not come out until later in 2009. They need something on the shelves for the beginning of 2009. The 25th series could be back before the year is over too.

All they will do is take a break for the movie like what Star Wars is doing for Clone Wars. The movie will help sell the 25th line too. They might as well keep a movie line and 25th line at the same time and make money on two succesfull lines.

I think when they say their attention and focus is switching to the movie it just means more will go into that than anything else but it does not mean that they are ONLY doing the movie line 100% and that is all.

Everyone worrying needs to stop expecting the worst and thinking this is the end.

There is no way all of 2009 will be just movie figures. The movie does not come out until later in 2009. They need something on the shelves for the beginning of 2009. The 25th series could be back before the year is over too.

All they will do is take a break for the movie like what Star Wars is doing for Clone Wars. The movie will help sell the 25th line too. They might as well keep a movie line and 25th line at the same time and make money on two succesfull lines.

I think when they say their attention and focus is switching to the movie it just means more will go into that than anything else but it does not mean that they are ONLY doing the movie line 100% and that is all.

Everyone worrying needs to stop expecting the worst and thinking this is the end.

No, and no one said all 2009 will be movie toys. GI Joe is going to largely follow the Transformers and Star Wars movie models:

With a release date of August 09 (as of now anyway), toys for the movie will have a street date of sometime in June. Until then, Hasbro will probably get 2-3 waves of 25th figures out to retail to fill the gap, much as they did with Transformers Classics last year.

Once June 09 hits, ALL of Hasbro's efforts will be on the new movie line, and retro product (aside from whatever they design in the Robot/Galactic Hero design and maybe a couple side products) will be put on the back burner, like with Transformers and Episode 3, the movie will be the core of the offerings for the rest of 2009 and will last at least a year (again, standard Hasbro practice).

I would certainly like to see more retro figures during the movie period, but I'm realistically not expecting it after seeing how Hasbro has handled the Star Wars and Transformers film lines.

But Hasbro DOES acknowledge their collector bases, so I do expect the 25th/Retro figures to be back in retail by fall 2010, just as Transformers Classics (renamed Universe) are reappearing this year (roughly a year after they went on hiatus for the film)

If they follow the Star Wars line model (and it's pretty likely they will), we'll still see classic characters released alongside movie product most of the time. When the movie comes out, all the new stuff will likely be geared towards that, but we'll get mixed waves and/or classic waves soon after. They may not be part of the line officially, but they'll probably stick with the construction format.

No need to get all excited.

looking at my collection there are several new ones i want like the stalls, kamakura, ddp shipwreck and spirit ect. but the classic that i'm dying for most are Shockwave (night force!) and Dusty more than anyone else. we need the urban and desert experts, just amkes sense to have em. Here is hoping for them in a comic pack or something.

82 - Short Fuse and Zap

KD, I can't debate this list one bit.....and I too won't be devistated if we don't get a Cover Girl. @hmmm@

- General "G.I.Joe" Colton!

Marvel Comic "pre"designs:

- Issue #1 Cobra Commander

- #1 Baroness

- LRRP Stalker

- LRRP Snakes

- LRRP Stormy

New characters

- Billy

- Dr. Venom

- Jungle Khakis Kwinn

- Oktober Guard

- Hard Master (rumored)

- Soft Master

DDp redesigns

- Shipwreck

- Overlord

- Reloaded Cobra Commander

New characters

- Firewall

- Zanya

- Wraith (according to Hasbro, this is already happening).

Good calls SE!!!!

My personal list of MIA figures? Well, lets see....

'82 - Zap and Short-Fuze

'83 - Tripwire

'84 - Blowtorch, Recondo, Rip Cord, and Scrap Iron

'85 - Airtight, Dusty, Footloose, Heavy Metal, Keel-Haul

'86 - Dialtone, Dr. Mindbender, Leatherneck, Low-Light, Sci-Fi, AVAC, Zandar

Hell, who am I kidding? Everyone is MIA. No point in continuing this.

they said that there will be more Joe to be revealed at comic con. so what we read for Hall of Heroes! that bottom purchon. of names cant be the hole list. they also said there holding back till comic con and Joe con.. and as far as the movie, there will be two lines. the 25th with out the logo and the movies. so guys don't go crazy, they also said that zap and short fuse are in works. they also said that they wont do nothing till 09-010 for the Joe's 88-94