new dcuc figure showed

shokker

been really impressed with the dcuc waves, even though i dont know much about dc than i know about marvel. ill get this figure cause these guys are on top of their game right now, and i'll get any other figure that comes out in the dcuc line. this line may b e a really big ass threat to the marvel legends line.

Lightray is/was a member of the New Gods & is/was Orion's best friend. Here's his stats & some personal info. The 4HM have hit another grandslam & if they made this character, Mr Miracle, Big Barda, Kalibak & some army building parademons can't be far away!

Lightray

Height-6' 0"

Weight-181 lbs (82 kg)

Eyes-Blue

Hair-Strawberry Blond

Powers

Lightray can manipulate photons to create brilliant concussive blasts, focused columns of radiant heat, lasers and holograms. Using his power to the utmost he can generate a miniature sun as he did to escape the Black Racer.[5]

He can also fly at the speed of light; 'maybe even faster'

Here's DCD & DCUC comparison pics of Lightray. If you're a die hard Kirby fan, then the DCD is for you, as for me, I'll go with the more generic, more poseable & less expensive DCUC version!

lightray.jpgDCUCLightray1.jpg

In my opinion DCD & DCU are already major threats to Marvel. I don't know why Marvel insist on that ugly ass ball & socket joint. To me it makes the figure look like a puppet with no strings.

I do like mulit articulation, but do it in a way that gives the fig a good form.

In my opinion DCD & DCU are already major threats to Marvel. I don't know why Marvel insist on that ugly ass ball & socket joint. To me it makes the figure look like a puppet with no strings.

I do like mulit articulation, but do it in a way that gives the fig a good form.

Sorry, but with their avg 9 POA per fig , no way is DCD a threat to ML, DCUC with their 19-23 POA per fig is the biggest threat to ML. Though Hasbro has knocked off like 12 POA from their figs by getting rid of the "every finger & toe articulation, TB used to incorporate. Most Hasbro ML figs have around 25 POA now.

IMO, the DCUC line features the perfect amount of articulation in their figures.

DCD will never up the POA cuz they believe in sculpt over articulation. Lame excuse since THE 4HM pull both off in the DCUC line.

Lightray is/was a member of the New Gods & is/was Orion's best friend. Here's his stats & some personal info. The 4HM have hit another grandslam & if they made this character, Mr Miracle, Big Barda, Kalibak & some army building parademons can't be far away!

Lightray

Height-6' 0"

Weight-181 lbs (82 kg)

Eyes-Blue

Hair-Strawberry Blond

Powers

Lightray can manipulate photons to create brilliant concussive blasts, focused columns of radiant heat, lasers and holograms. Using his power to the utmost he can generate a miniature sun as he did to escape the Black Racer.[5]

He can also fly at the speed of light; 'maybe even faster'

Here's DCD & DCUC comparison pics of Lightray. If you're a die hard Kirby fan, then the DCD is for you, as for me, I'll go with the more generic, more poseable & less expensive DCUC version!

Ohhhhhhhhhh " THAT guy" yawn... well at least I know who he is now thanks thanos @loll@

For as much as I do love this line, I can’t help but find it questionable sometimes. I get that you have to spread the wealth. I completely understand that you can’t put out your heavy hitters in the first two lines. But I can’t help but see some character choices as outright bizarre. I’m scarcely familiar with this guy. I’ve seen him before, I do recognize him, but hardly. It’s basically the “that guy” syndrome. By all rights, Cyborg is fairly lesser. I find him a decent enough name, a character I personally really wanted, but I can’t see him flying off the shelves into kids hands. But this guy? This guys makes Cyborg look like a household name. He’s not B-grade. He’s low C-grade. I can’t help but question this character choice. He seems like someone they should do at the end of the line when they’ve basically run out of characters.

Sorry, but with their avg 9 POA per fig , no way is DCD a threat to ML, DCUC with their 19-23 POA per fig is the biggest threat to ML. Though Hasbro has knocked off like 12 POA from their figs by getting rid of the "every finger & toe articulation, TB used to incorporate. Most Hasbro ML figs have around 25 POA now.

IMO, the DCUC line features the perfect amount of articulation in their figures.

DCD will never up the POA cuz they believe in sculpt over articulation. Lame excuse since THE 4HM pull both off in the DCUC line.

Yawn.

I see that your "Bash DCD" campaign has spread to every corner of the internet. <_<

For as much as I do love this line, I can’t help but find it questionable sometimes. I get that you have to spread the wealth. I completely understand that you can’t put out your heavy hitters in the first two lines. But I can’t help but see some character choices as outright bizarre. I’m scarcely familiar with this guy. I’ve seen him before, I do recognize him, but hardly. It’s basically the “that guy” syndrome. By all rights, Cyborg is fairly lesser. I find him a decent enough name, a character I personally really wanted, but I can’t see him flying off the shelves into kids hands. But this guy? This guys makes Cyborg look like a household name. He’s not B-grade. He’s low C-grade. I can’t help but question this character choice. He seems like someone they should do at the end of the line when they’ve basically run out of characters.

This creates an interesting dilemma:

See, Lightray is very familliar to me. I've been reading about the character for over 30 years. I place him as a solid B-lister based on my exposure and would grab him very quickly to add to the other New Gods I have ( Darkseid and Orion). This figure has me totally abuzz.

The question here is: there must be a difference in our ages ( and obviously other folks )and reading experiences with comics, and if so should that be a factor in how Mattel chooses their rosters?

Should they be based on relevancy to the proposed demographic, or should they be aimed at a "knowledgable" readership?

Or should they just pick characters that "look" interesting?

Cyborg is an equally good choice, and a very "toyetic" character. My sentimental choice would be Lightray before Cyborg though, but I would purchase both in a heartbeat.

the DCU line is already better than the current Marvel Legends.

I dont think they are better than the Toybiz stuff though.

Anyhow... Lightray?? lol, never even heard of him... I am not really hardcore for DC though... but man... I hope this line last long enough to get me the figures I want... I see the first wave of DCU sitting everywhere. I blame it on the packaging, ugliest action figure packaging I ever seen.

Yup arrow brings up a good point, one persons trash is an others gold... I'm not really complaining other than that this one character does nothing for me really..

Well, they have to keep some popular characters in a wave and then 1 or 2 characters than people want but not popular enough to avoid being a peg warmer. This is the theory that gave birth to C&C or BAF. The choice for Lightray makes sense to me since DCD is releasing a New Gods series and Mattel seems to be interested in following DCD's line up.

So I take it you place the fig w/the most POA as the one who's the bigger threat to Marvel. Well then I guess it all comes down to personal taste.

I guess I'm a lil bias toward DCD because I'm totaly MOC, & have no need for all the POA. So you kinda hit the nail on the head when you said that about DCD putting sculpt before POA. For me, all I need is a simple "T" crotch, up & down sholder, hinge knee & elbow, & side to side w/the head.

The rest of it (IMO) should be directed to craftmanship & paint job.

Why is it that it seems that most of these replies are from ignorant Marvel fans. Marvel fans amaze me at every corner, first off all they do is complain about how they want to more obscure characters from the Marvel Universe, then they have the audacity to come to a DC post and because they do not recognize a character I am hearing these "yawns" "sighs" and "oh that guy". I mean these are the same people who post about their wanted characters from Marvel like Speedball, Batroc, Madman (heck I want one of him too, both skinny and hulk version) or that one issue where Captain America wore a dress and so on, to many to name actually. These are the Marvel Zombies who claim Marvel is better than DC because they are more "real" bullshit, has anyone read both DC and Marvel comics in the past 10 years, Marvel dropped the ball big time. Remember idiots, its Marvel who bought you Civil War and made Meshipto or however his name is spelled, change the past events, typcal Marvel copout, and yet Marvel is sooo more realistic. I like both DC and Marvel but I am of course more into DC, and trust me I have been deeply emerged into both comic companies for years so my justifications are not based on ignorance.

Now on to Lightray, if you don't know him then you probaby don't know much about DC, granted this is fine but for DC guys, getting a compete set of NEW GODS is an awesome thing. First off the character looks amazing and the metallic paint is superb. Also his slight smile/grmiace is how Hasbro should of made Hercules - looks like a smile but also a gesture, its still a neutral face. Overall I am excited because I am a supereme NEW GODS fan, love DArkseid and anyone reading Countdown or Death of the New Gods and cleary understand why. As for the rest of them, if you like Thor/Hercules and such they are on the same lines but instead of being older mythical characters these are from Kirby's design. I will be getting this figure as well as the DCD New Gods wave. Mattel has done a fantastic job. KEEP IT UP MATTEL, its getting better and better!

this is becoming worse then kindergarten around here. everyone is in a group. we have all one hobby. we collect figures and thats it. no one has the right to have a free opinion or what?

hasbro lovers

hasbro haters

marvel lovers

dc lovers

dc haters

toybiz lovers for eternity or whatever names come up.

just because someone said i dont know who the hell lightray is, doesnt mean that he hates dc and mattel and the entire hobby even the world. just because someone doesnt know lightray? come on. me for example, i dont know the guy but i love both of dc and marvel, same as others around here. sure he is no flash or green lantern but i am happy for the fans who are realy deep into dc comics. they get a figure of a b or c lister. where are those lists anyway? i was so pleased when toybiz did this years ago. all i am saying some guys should be lighten up and dont start a fight everytime just because someone said that he dont know someone or the paint is bad or the figure is too small. man it is a hobby after all that units us. #US1# calling someone with names or send him in a group is dump in my opinion. if it is a marvel or a dc or a gi joe or transformaers fan. respect each others opinions. mattel does a great job with this line and i hope they go on and on. :D i dont know lightray, my bad but if the baf is good i will get him for sure. when the marvel legends started i didnt even knew who thor is. thor. the god of thunder :blink: i didnt even knew the avengers for crying out loud @loll@ now, all those years made me learn who they are. the same will happen with dc and most of the guys and girls around here, think the same. if the figure is cool, we will learn who he is in time.

If Mattel were to do the line based on your way of doing it, the line will be dead by wave 13. Do all the heavy hitters & icons in the first 2 1/2 yrs & then put so called C-listers such as Lightray (He's a B-lister in my book) & other lesser know DCU characters in the last waves? Then when they rot on the pegs & Mattel cancels the line, people will blame Mattel for not spreading the A-listers thoughout all the waves.

And Jase, plz tell me how I'm bashing DCD when all I'm doing is stating facts about the line that hundreds of others have stated thoughout the last few yrs? DCD figs are scale incompatible with other waves or even within their own wave? Fact! DCD figs have minimal POA?Fact! DCD figs are sometimes sculpted in crap pre-poses? Fact DCD figs cost alot more than DCUC figs? Fact! The females in DCD are almost always the same hgt as the males if not taller? Fact! DCD never finishes teams or waves? Fact! DCD saturates just about every single wave with Superbats? Fact! DCD figure's arms or other body parts breaking the second you take them out of their package? Fact!

Not bashing the line buddy, just stating the facts. Tell you what, I listed the cons, you or any other DCD lover plz come on here & list all the pros about DCD & why they're such a great line.

Right now, the only issues I have with the DCUC line is seeing some figs with bad paint jobs & not being able to find them as easily as I would like to. And that's only cuz I chose not to pre-order them online, otherwise I would have the entire wave 2 by now instead of just classic Firestorm.