Justice League International Series 1

The Wire

Simply must have these figures! Reason #1 is I'm a totaly huge GL Corps fan & the thought of a GL being out there & not in my collection will drive me to kill if I don't get him.

Reason #2 is, I to love odd figures & I've never seen Ice before in DCD.

Reason #3, yes yes, I know. another Batman figure, but his cape looks like it has this high gloss metalic like paint job. & I'm almost certain that's new for DCD, I hope they use it again on other (new) figures.

So yes, i'll most deff being scoring these lil beauties.

First EVER G'nort!!! First DC Direct Ice (she's only been made as a JLU figure before this). I wish the figures looked a little more like Kevin Maguire's artwork, but that's okay. DC Direct seems to think that every single wave they release has to have a Batman in it and that's just not true. Enough Batmen already! Martian Manhunter would have been a better choice for this first wave.

Having said that, I'm eagerly awaiting wave 2...Fire? Booster? Beetle? Guy?

This Batman looks cool. I don't mind seeing another Batman figure if it looks cool but that doesnt mean i'm going to buy it :P

That Ice figure seriously has some problems. It's like her boobs got shrinked.... they don't match her body propotion.

Question is, can bats raise his arms all the way up with that cape or is he meant to be forever in "arms down' mode? Some of you must like statues, as Gnorts totally lacking POA from the waist down.

As stated, another wave that includes Bats instead of maybe J'onn or even Guy Gardner. Seems to me that DCD has no faith that their figs will sell unless SuperBats is the anchor in it. One of the many reasons I quit buying this line 2 yrs ago.

I love the Black Canary! OK with the Ice Maiden, though would have preferred simply Ice, and can pass on the other two. The Batman is nice and all, but I already have one. Or two. Whatever. G'nort? Seeing as how this is probably the only time EVER we will see a figure of him (it?), I'd have to think about it, but it really doesn't seem to look right, if that is possible (needs to be more... doggy?). I hope they have others like Fire, Rocket Red, Crimson Fox, and even the JLAntarctica planned, but we'll just have to see, I guess. (cursed crystal ball is on the fritz as always!)

I'd liked to see classic Blue Beetle, Dr. Fate or Mr. Miracle.

Uhhh...Like aren't all these figures already? WTF??

EvilStar's 2 cents:

Batman: Another Bats? Eff him. Looks like a statue.

Black Canary: WTF??? Dude! This look is so effing DATED!!! She looks like Olivia Newton John in that Flashdance video! What is this? The 80's? Get REALL!

G'Nort: EvilStar HATES stupid characters and this is one of the most stupidest!

Ice Maiden: Hmmm...she's a total hottie! EvilStar never dug this look but she makes for a nice fig. A maybe.

<br />
I'd liked to see classic Blue Beetle, Dr. Fate or Mr. Miracle.
<br /><br />Uhhh...Like aren't all these figures already? WTF??<br /><br />EvilStar's 2 cents:<br /><br />Batman: Another Bats? Eff him. Looks like a statue.<br /><br />Black Canary: WTF??? Dude! This look is so effing DATED!!! She looks like Olivia Newton John in that Flashdance video! What is this? The 80's? Get REALL! <br /><br />G'Nort: EvilStar HATES stupid characters and this is one of the most stupidest!<br /><br />Ice Maiden: Hmmm...she's a total hottie! EvilStar never dug this look but she makes for a nice fig. A maybe.<br /><br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

HAhahaha! Actually, are you talking about Jennifer Beals in 'Flashdance', or Olivia Newton-John in 'Physical'? (how's THAT for being dated?) It's kind of funny though - I took a quick check of my collection, and lo and behold, Black Canary wins the 'most versions owned' award in my case. Wierd. You'd think it would be Superman or Batman. So yes, I am looking forward to this one, if only to continue the seemingly subconscious trend!

it's about time they made G'nort, can't say i give a damn about the rest though

Agreed, on both accounts.

No. Two of them have never received figures before. Well, Ice had a JLU figure... but unless you're a JLU collector, that means nothing.

Batman: Another Bats? Eff him. Looks like a statue.

In wave 2 he comes with Guy Gardner-punching action.

Black Canary: WTF??? Dude! This look is so effing DATED!!! She looks like Olivia Newton John in that Flashdance video! What is this? The 80's? Get REALL!

Actually... it is the 80s. It's an 80s-style Black Canary. It's dated because it's supposed to represent her at a specific point in the comics over 20 years ago. Those who are BC fans (and there are plenty of them) are probably still in shock, as no one seriously ever thought this costume would get made. DCD is trying to cater to a specific portion of the fandom with this one. I don't care for it myself, but she'll probably tie G'nort as the best-selling figure in the wave.

My happiness at an Ice figure is completely destroyed by seeing the costume they've put her in. Time to customize, I guess.

No. Two of them have never received figures before. Well, Ice had a JLU figure... but unless you're a JLU collector, that means nothing.

Dude, I was answering the guy who said he wanted figs of Dr. Fate, Mr. Miracle, and Blue Beetle. Dang! These are ALL figs already! What an effing waste that would be! I'm don't give an s*** about effing Gnort and Flashdance Black Canary, but at least they're first time figs! If all we got was a wave of apology figs, I'd be totally out.

It don't matter anyway. I'm totally off DCD. I'm showing them my crack. Mattel is where it's at, Yo!

Now that it's been revealed that freakin DCD has veto power on Mattel doing figs that DCD hasn't done yet, hence the reason why we're only getting DCUC versions of previously done DCD figs, I would bet that we'll be seeing Fire/Ice from Mattel somewhere down the line & hopefully a way better figure of G'nort, though I much prefer if they skip this POS character & give us a more worthy GL such as Abin sur or Tomar Re.

seriously, how some of you actually are going gaagaa over this half statue /half figure of G'nort is beyond me.

Some of you will buy anything DCD puts out.

seriously, how some of you actually are going gaagaa over this half statue /half figure of G'nort is beyond me.

Amen, Bro! Word! Totally!!!!

Now that it's been revealed that freakin DCD has veto power on Mattel doing figs that DCD hasn't done yet, hence the reason why we're only getting DCUC versions of previously done DCD figs, I would bet that we'll be seeing Fire/Ice from Mattel somewhere down the line & hopefully a way better figure of G'nort, though I much prefer if they skip this POS character & give us a more worthy GL such as Abin sur or Tomar Re.

Geez give it a rest already! If you despise DCD so much, I suggest that you steer clear of threads that relate to them! Pretty simple concept.

Now that it's been revealed that freakin DCD has veto power on Mattel doing figs that DCD hasn't done yet, hence the reason why we're only getting DCUC versions of previously done DCD figs...

Whoa, Dude! I missed this the first time!!!! Is this true? When they say this? Dang! So much for the Doom Patrol! How do you explain Clayface?

Now that it's been revealed that freakin DCD has veto power on Mattel doing figs that DCD hasn't done yet, hence the reason why we're only getting DCUC versions of previously done DCD figs...

Whoa, Dude! I missed this the first time!!!! Is this true? When they say this? Dang! So much for the Doom Patrol! How do you explain Clayface?

Most likely due to him being based on the animated version & not an actual DC comics version.

Sorry Jase, I gotta let people that may not be in the know about the way DCD operates, plus to many people were complaining that all they were seeing out of Mattel/DCUC was figs DCD had already made.

Unlike you, I wanna let them know that Mattel does not have the final word on who they can/cannot make, it's DC/DCD's call.

Can I seriously ask why you are so overly protective of DCD? I've clearly stated over the last few yrs why I dislike DCD, it's no secret I hate their scale issues, lack of articulation & over saturation of Superwonderbats in just about every single line/wave they do, not to mention their artist/story specific lines. why do you defend DCD so much? What do they offer you that is so great?

If you truly have no problem with this:

FlashOrionFS.jpg

KFCatwomanHUSHBats.jpg

Then more power to ya!

Sorry Jase, I gotta let people that may not be in the know about the way DCD operates, plus to many people were complaining that all they were seeing out of Mattel/DCUC was figs DCD had already made.

Unlike you, I wanna let them know that Mattel does not have the final word on who they can/cannot make, it's DC/DCD's call.

No, what YOU are doing is spreading something that hasn't been verified and may have been taken out of context. You see a chance to jump all over DCD, and as usual, you can't restrain yourself.

Can I seriously ask why you are so overly protective of DCD? I've clearly stated over the last few yrs why I dislike DCD, it's no secret I hate their scale issues, lack of articulation & over saturation of Superwonderbats in just about every single line/wave they do, not to mention their artist/story specific lines. why do you defend DCD so much? What do they offer you that is so great?

Somebody has to be the yang to your yin. I don't like their scale issues either and I sold off all of my 6"ish DCD figures long ago. You should try it and then move on with your life. What does DCD offer me that is so great? The 13" figures, the Museum Statues, minibusts, busts.....

I love the Mattel DCUC figures and feel that they are generally a better overall figure than the DCD 6"ish figures are. The thing is that I don't need to put down DCD every possible chance I get to prove that. Sorry, but after reading your Anti-DCD/Georg Brewer rants on several forums, it has gotten old, very fast. Move along......

Jase says " I don't like their scale issues either and I sold off all of my 6"ish DCD figures long ago".

Then why do you defend the line I put down when you just admitted you didn't like the scale issues & sold it off? This is the DCD line I diss! I am not dissing the entire DCD company & every single one of their products such as the 13" line, statues, busts, mini busts, minimates, ect, just their "action" ( I say that loosely) figure line.

"YOU are spreading something that hasn't been verified and may have been taken out of context"

Cornboy of the 4HM himself made the comment I'm alluding to, so I guess he took it out of context?

what's so hard to understand about this comment from cornboy?

Keep in mind that Mattel isn't the only entity that decides which characters we can do. We have to get all of the waves through other levels of approvals before we can even start on a new wave.

-CB-

Either WB/DC or the higher ups at DCD have the final say so on who Mattel/4HM can/cannot make! If that were not the case, we would've seen a DCUC Creeper or Catman by now.