Our last hope for some really great Marvel toys is...

DrOctavius

EMCE toys!!

With the success of their reissued MEGO Star Trek figures, EMCE has also brought back the classic Planet of the Apes, and is now doing all new Night of the Living Dead figures.

Reissues of the World's Greatest Super Heroes can't be far behind.

Imagine all those classic figures, plus great new characters...I can't wait.

I think Hasbro has stuck a fork in themselves...they're done.

Riiiight. I doubt it'll happen. And once and for all, Hasbro isn't done. Even if they produce crap for the next few years, they're still going.

Riiiight. I doubt it'll happen. And once and for all, Hasbro isn't done. Even if they produce crap for the next few years, they're still going.

It'll NEVER happen. Mego had a one-of-a-kind deal with Marvel and DC, the kind of deal that has repeatedly been said to be impossible to reach ever since Even if just Marvel went in on the deal, why should they? They have a master toy license deal with Hasbro that began with a product very similar to Megos ( Spiderman Origins)..and it failed. EMCE is producing product for a very niche market ( collectors) and in lower unit runs, and straight repros of the Marvel Mego toys wouldn't look that appealing compared to stuff like Origins.

EMCE is better off sticking to the Enterprise crew and Apes.

It'll NEVER happen. Mego had a one-of-a-kind deal with Marvel and DC, the kind of deal that has repeatedly been said to be impossible to reach ever since Even if just Marvel went in on the deal, why should they? They have a master toy license deal with Hasbro that began with a product very similar to Megos ( Spiderman Origins)..and it failed. EMCE is producing product for a very niche market ( collectors) and in lower unit runs, and straight repros of the Marvel Mego toys wouldn't look that appealing compared to stuff like Origins.

Says who? Hate to tell you, but it's the old guys like me who spend the biggest MONEY in this hobby, not baby Warcraft asking mommy to buy his Legends for him.

I'll take Megos any day over the new crap that comes out. And EMCE toys is part of Diamond, who makes plenty of Marvel product...It WILL happen, because we (old) fans of EMCE want it to happen, and neither EMCE nor Diamond is stupid enough to pass up the gold mine they're sitting on with WGSH.

Says who? Hate to tell you, but it's the old guys like me who spend the biggest MONEY in this hobby, not baby Warcraft asking mommy to buy his Legends for him.

I'll take Megos any day over the new crap that comes out. And EMCE toys is part of Diamond, who makes plenty of Marvel product...It WILL happen, because we (old) fans of EMCE want it to happen, and neither EMCE nor Diamond is stupid enough to pass up the gold mine they're sitting on with WGSH.

Well, there's that old perspective thing again. I think Arrow put himself in the 40 plus age range, so I'm not sure how "Old" you have to be to be in your (old) fans group. Me, I'm also in the 40 plus and I hated Mego stuff back then and even more now that much better stuff has come along. I understand the nostalgia for those kind of toys, but I certainly don't get it, and would if it happened, it wasn't the only alternative.

But that's just me. I dumped figure collecting until ML hit and t brought me back.

Once a geek always a

GEEK

Mego was awesome for its time and if I had the money (and that is a colossal if) I would probably hunt down a few of them myself (I still have Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, The Human Torch, and Robin but all in less than stellar shape) just because seeing them in Toyfare's Twisted Megos Theatre and on Robot Chicken brings back nostalgia.

However, I don't see any one company getting that many properties at once every again. It was a renaissance for toys, but now only history. Honestly, though, with such bigger and better products out there I couldn't see myself buying a whole line of these. Of course I don't know if I fit into the 'Older crowd' at 28, but I doubt I fit into the 'baby Warcraft' category either.

Straight Mego's look very dated to me now, and I can never get the antics of Toyfare's Twisted Mego Theatre out of my mind when I see them. My memories of them as a kid were that they were cheap and fragile.

That's not enough to ever get me to buy into them today.

Now the upgraded Megos from Charlie Flatt are another matter.........<sigh>

And yes, I'm in my middle 40's.

lol..."Baby Warcraft".

With Hasbro having the Action Figure/Games License, wouldn't that stop EMCE from producing the Megos?